Discussion Zoroark can Easily Beat New Solgaleo-GX?

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
Okay I just thought of this a really hard counter to the new Solgaleo-GX deck that everybody is hyping up. You just run Drampa Zoroark with Zoroark Break and copy old Solgaleo's attack for flat up 250 and only discarding 1 energy! You can also do similar things with Zzoroark-GX's GX attack!

Zoroark BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.
Foul Play
イカサマ

Choose 1 of your opponent's Active Pokémon's attacks and use it as this attack.

Solgaleo GX does 230 btw so you'd need a choice band to OHKO, and they could use the new Solagelo GX (which is what you'd want to use because you don't want to be discarding three energy to know out single prize attackers)

It's possible! I don't think it's necessarily a "really hard counter," but it could work.

Personally, if I was going to build a hard counter, I'd build something like Salazzle GX/Garbodor. Just shut off abilities and then OHKO Solgaleo with a Choice Band.

I don't think I'd call this a counter as much as I'd call this making Zoroark BREAK more playable.

It has real potential though as a neutral match up running lots of 1 prize attackers. Zoroark BREAK/Zoroark GX are better the stronger their opponent's attacks are, so this does help out the deck quite a bit of Solgaleo GX becomes as popular as we all think it will be.

Nice! I mean this is more of an answer than a hard counter, since it doesn't stop the new solgaleo decks from functioning, but it definitly helps to keep the drama zoroark deck viable.

Here's hoping that we have more options for ability lock in the future, other than garb and ninja, to counter some of these upcoming archetypes

It only copys attacking pokemon attack so ull nerd away to bring up the old gx n ko it. If tgey have nee gx uo it can only copy its atracks

It could work, but I think more likely they kill all of your baby Zoroark with the New Solgaleo while attaching energy everywhere.

I wouldn't say easily. It's essentially a stage 2 that needs a choice band. It's a counter though for sure.

Back