Zimmerman / Trayvon Martin trial

Haunted Water

DEFT Lunar
So, in 2012, Trayvon Martin was walking back to his friends house after getting a snack at a nearby convenience store.
George Zimmerman saw the african-american 17-year-old walking in a gated community, looking suspicsious. What happened next is where the controversy is.
While on the phone with the dispatcher, Zimmerman approached Martin, told him to get off the phone, and a struggle ensued. The struggle ended when Zimmerman put his gun up and fired into Martin.

Why do you think Zimmerman did this? Racist profiling? Or do you think he is actually telling the truth?

RE: Zimmerman's trial

Probably is racist and killed him because he saw an opportunity. It sucks that he did this. All because he couldnt fight back against a 17 year old. He's no man.

Also, the Black Panthers (prob just as racist as the KKK), have threatened to riot because of this if he is let go.

Zimmerman really should have just minded his own damn business and none of this would have happened. I highly doubt Martin would have caused any trouble or vandalism had Zimmerman not acted prematurely. I really think he'll at least get a charge of manslaughter. If he's set free without any charges he better move out of the country because otherwise he'll have to fear for his life everyday for as long as he lives.

This needs to end right meow.

I'm seeing it as there is not enough evidence to convict Zimmerman of anything.

It is that off-case that the suspect can plead not-guilty due to self-defense without testifying.

I think the prosecution sucked in this case big time. I think Zimmerman was wrong for killing him yes that is true, this whole case is just speculation from zimmermans point which isn't really fair. But I got to say I love that judge :D she takes crap from no one

On a personal basis, I do think Zimmerman is guilty.

However, based on the evidence put forth, and the points raised by the defense and prosecution alike, I don't think it would be right if Zimmerman was found guilty. Based on the way our legal system works, Zimmerman should not be found guilty. The I hope the jurors remain objective, and make their decision solely based on the concrete evidence provided

He can't be convicted really, just not enough evidence, and how he played self-defense. If he didn't start the situation in the first place none of this could have happened.

Yeah. The only thing that could go wrong for him is if the jurors go with their heart rather than their brain. From the reports, however, this jury panel seems to be working very hard on the case, so I hope that means they are making a well-analyzed decision.

The only logical thing to do would be to acquit Zimmerman. The evidence was purely circumstantial, and nobody except Zimmerman witnessed the events. There are so many inconsistencies in both sides' stories that it there is no other logical conclusion.

What George Zimmerman did was disgusting, yes, and I personally believe he should be incarcerated for second degree manslaughter, but there is really not enough evidence to do so. This trial proves how messed up our legal system truly is.

I, personally, do not believe it was self-defense. If he would have "minded his own damn business," as so eloquently stated by PsychedelicBreakfast, none of this would have happened.

Forgive my double post, but a verdict has been reached.

Zimmerman is found not guilty.

Really mad. The parents of Trayvon had to go through an emotional funeral, knowing someone murdered their son (The truth? I don't know, I can't trust any side), and he gets off hands free. Hes going to commit suicide very soon, because people will be treating him like complete sh*t.

I doubt he will commit suicide. People have done much worse. Shoot casey anthony is still alive and kickin it isnt she?

Well everybody, looks like this is a wrap. Sad outcome, I must say.

But not unexpected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yQwQtSN7M

Indeed, it is disappointing -- from an emotional standpoint. From a legal standpoint, however, this is the only logical verdict.

I hope there are peaceful protests, and I hope nothing gets too out of hand; violence is not the answer.

I thought he was not guilty all along due to self defense.

I thought it from a legal standpoint but also my own personal standpoint.

From the way it was described, no. I don't think it was self-defense.
I'm not saying I'm disagreeing with the verdict, but let's be honest.
Why in the world did this happen? What motivated Zimmerman to say "Oh look, someone who is walking outside after dark! Call the police!"

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Really mad. The parents of Trayvon had to go through an emotional funeral, knowing someone murdered their son (The truth? I don't know, I can't trust any side), and he gets off hands free. Hes going to commit suicide very soon, because people will be treating him like complete sh*t.

Nothing would be solved if an innocent man was sent to jail, the prosection had a difficult case to prove and did a poor job handling it. The only to take from this is that it is a sad situation to have someone die, especially a 17 year old who hasn't started life.

Back