Discussion Zero vanish gx...

Registeel379

Aspiring Trainer
How do you counter palkia's GX attack? It is just so good!!

WaterWaterWaterColorlessColorless Zero Vanish GX 150
Shuffle all Energy from each of your opponent's Pokémon into their deck. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Not only are ALL of your opponents energy being removed, but youre doing 150+30 with choice band damage, possibly knocking out a small basic gx for two prizes!!

The question is, how do you bounce back from that ultimate deathblow? If anyone can give me any tips, that would be great because I am scared...

Thanks,
Registeel379

Hey @Registeel379 ! The trick would be to play attackers that can swing for only a single energy attachment (e.g. zoroark or golisopod). This way, you can surely get a hit in before your opponent manages to stack 5 energy on for the Gx attack. Then, with a decent supporter in hand, you should be able recover by drawing into one the energies that was shuffled back in, attaching for turn, and finishing off the palkia for an even 2/2 prize exchange (and you didn't even use your Gx attack!). Hope this helps

How do you counter palkia's GX attack? It is just so good!!

WaterWaterWaterColorlessColorless Zero Vanish GX 150
Shuffle all Energy from each of your opponent's Pokémon into their deck. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Not only are ALL of your opponents energy being removed, but youre doing 150+30 with choice band damage, possibly knocking out a small basic gx for two prizes!!

The question is, how do you bounce back from that ultimate deathblow? If anyone can give me any tips, that would be great because I am scared...

Thanks,
Well, I definitely know a good Expanded counter to it. Wailord. Just don't give them any energy to get rid of.
Other than that, KK-Swizzle has good advice.

Well first off it's attack takes forever to charge so a good old Guzma knock out could do it other than that the only deck in standard this effects majorly is volcanion so it's not much of a threat either way unless your playing a more fringe deck

Like @AuraJackle and @KK-Swizzle said, Just KO the Palkia before your opponent gets 5 energy on it to GX you, and/or use attackers like Zoroark, Buzzwole, or Golisopod, and just keep at least one energy in your hand so if/when they GX you, then you can just attach another energy from hand and swing. This adds on to the one energy attackers, but only have the one energy on the field that you'd use to attack so the GX really isn't doing much except 150 for 5 energy and shuffling one energy on your Pokemon in to your deck.

Hope I helped :)

Very good point - playing silvally gx at the moment so thanks. Plus might play Empoleon - which a) KO's Palkia and 2)* Isn't massively affected by it.

*A and 2 ha ha I'm hilarious

Back