• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Zekrom EX / Kingdra

Petrosaurus

Aspiring Trainer
This is my first real shot at making a deck that I actually think will work.
Pokemon 9
  • 1 Thundurus
  • 1 Zapdos
  • 2 Zekrom EX
  • 2 Horsea
  • 1 Seadra
  • 2 Kingdra

Trainers 37 (This is where I struggle)
  • 2 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Energy Search
  • 2 Energy Switch
  • 1 Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 2 Catchers
  • 2 Random Receiver
  • 2 Rare Candy
  • 2 Switch (probably not needed)
  • 4 Ultra Balls
  • 4 Cheren
  • 4 Cilan
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 2 Pokemon Centre
  • 2 Float Stone

Energy 14
  • 12 Lightning
  • 2 DCE

Strategy
So, basically, it's ideal to start with Thundurus to charge some energy onto him, I'd like to Zekrom EX into play either T1 or T2 with DCE and energy switch Lighting energy onto him. Once that's done Thundurus (probably KO'd by now) will keep charging to stack energies so there's a decent amount in discard for Kingdra :). Zekrom spams Strong Volt, retreats with stone or switch to Kingdra, heals using Centre, Kingdra, Dragon Vortex, retreat, heal, rinse repeat :)

I was thinking of trying to make room for either water energies or the Blend energy with water and lighting.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

I can understand your strategy, but it needs more of what your strategy is focusing on. If its ideal to start with Thundurus, then you'll want multiple copies to get the best chances of getting it. Lets give this a makeover...

Pokemon: 15
  • 4x Thundurus
  • 2x Zekrom EX
  • 2-1-2 Kingdra
  • 2x Mewtwo EX
  • 2x Kyurem EX (Outrage)

Trainers: 33
  • 3x Professor Juniper
  • 4x N
  • 2x Skyla
  • 1x Colress
  • 2x Bicycle
  • 2x Rare Candy
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 2x Switch
  • 2x Escape Rope
  • 2x Virbank City Gym
  • 4x Hypnotoxic Laser
  • 4x Energy Switch
  • 1x Computer Search (ACE SPEC)

Energy: 12
  • 8x Lightning Energy
  • 4x DCE

Alright, we took out the Cherens because, yes it does draw 3 cards with no worries, but there is so much better with Professor Juniper and N for consistent drawpower (plus N can disrupt enemy tactics when played right). Colress is always great late game with the potential to draw 10 cards, which is huge at that point in a game. Energy Switch is great utility to get the energy off of Thundurus and move it to better Pokemon that can use it, so that is maxed out. Laserbanks is always good damage every Pokemon can benefit from, whether its for getting that OHKO or to stall. Ultra Balls are the best searching option for this deck, mill cards you don't need to get Pokemon you do need...win :D. Bicycles just help the deck move faster without taking your Supporter per turn count. Catchers aren't here because of how inconsistent they are now due to the new errata to make them coin flips, I've seen this fail way too many times to recommend it.

We've bumped up your Thundurus count because it does help the deck get its energies going. Zekrom EX is there because it can hit hard with them while milling them for Kingdra; Mewtwo EX is always a great attacker; and Kyurem EX is a huge deterrent with Outrage and its 180 HP count, no one shot from the opponent, Kyurem will go in swinging hard! Zapdos takes too much energy for inconsistent damage to consider adding to this so that is taken out (plus Thundurus is just as good, considering you help the Kingdra late game).

Hope I helped you out with this unique concept!

My reasoning was with how Mr. Mime is such a hot card at the moment. If its out there, you take away one of Kingdra's great attacks essentially. I felt that Tri Bullet wasn't that necessary in a deck like this considering how easy it is to get rid of its bench damage utility. It can always be slightly modified to fit those Water Energies (or Blend WFLS) to fit the attack in if need be.

Edit: Plus with the new rules to Catcher, its not so easy to get Mr. Mime out to deal with its nuisance.

Thanks, I'll start working on getting those cards :) the reason I had one Thundurus was because this was a deck made with only what I had.

Again, thank you for the input.

Edit: I've manage to assemble the deck on the online tcg to see how it plays and I must say, the Kyurem and Mewtwo changes are very helpful, I'm not relying on having Zekrom set up. So far, 5 games and 5 wins. Although, like I said, it's TCGO that I'm testing on at the moment

Back