• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

zebeels (zebstrika/zekrom/eels)

sonicboom

is addicted to sonic plushies :)
4 blitzle nxd
3 zebstrika nxd
1 zebstrika nvi
3 zekrom bw
2 tynamo (free retreat)
2 tynamo (thunder wave)
3 eelektrik nvi
1 eelektross dark explorers
1 zapdos nxd
3 cheren
4 juniper
4 n
2 random receiver
3 level ball
3 ultra ball
2 super rod
10{L} energy
2 dce

the strategy is to either get a turn 2/3 disconecct or to use zekrom for early sweeping
then to get eelektriks on the bench so if you use zebstrikas lightning crash you can
retreat the next turn and load it with energy thanks to dynamotor

hi

i would run the blitzle from nv
keep all zebstrika nd
not run eelektross
run catcher (4 is a must right now)

the reasons for these are the nv blitzle can prevent damage
the novle zeb is good but you would be better running another zekrom
eelektross is not powerfull enogh if you run it for hp reasons add a zekrom/mewtwo/raikou
catcher is something you need you can pick off exs stall while using lightning crash if need to and catcher is needed in any deck beside vileplume

ok

i do not run any catcher since i will use lightning crash most of the time to ko bench pokemon so i wont to catcher them
eelektross is used for his slurp shakedown attack which is a catcher techically
also 3 zekrom is more the enough
and i have the nvi zebstrika just for shock bolt which does 90 and might discard all energy atached to it

You should probably focus on Disconnect. You could Catcher something on the Bench, and they can't just play Switch because they're trainer locked. I think you should drop Zapdos for a fourth Level Ball. Zapdos does the same thing Zebra does, but with less damage, and Level Ball searches your entire Zebra and Eel line.

Also, I think you are missing the potential of NXD Zebstrika. Sweeping with him is incredibly hard to do, as eventually your opponent WILL set up, even if by manual retreating or whatnot. His beauty is to slow down the opponent's set up while leaving yours unhindered, meaning you complete your setup faster and take the lead on prizes. He's also good as a Revenge killer, either dealing that last 40HP with Disconnect to KO AND trainer-lock, or to snipe almost dead retreaters.

As for changes, I agree you should run at least a few catchers. They can either gust up bench sitters (Altaria, Eelektrik, etc) and prevent you from HAVING to lightning crash, or it can pull up the retreaters mentioned before and allow you to KO with Disconnect instead of Lightning Crash (Arguably putting yourself in a better position). That, and Zekrom likes to have his meal in the Active position, if you know what I mean. I'd drop 2 Electric energy and Zapdos for 3 Catchers (Zapdos is an inferior Zebstrika). Also, I'd remove Eelektross for another Level Ball, as Eelektross's time was when Vanillock was going strong, as it allowed you to KO Vanilluxes and break paralysis...Vileplume's gone now. Level ball would add to your consistency by magnitudes, making it that much easier to pull out Zebstrika or Eelektrik.

So, in total:
-2 Lightning Energy
-1 Eelektross
-1 Zapdos
+3 Pokemon Catcher
+1 Level Ball

Also Nitpick: I think with Darkrai Running around, you'd be better off running a 3 TWave-1Free Retreat Tynamo line instead of a 2-2...the Free Retreat one's just asking to be sniped. I personally would run no free retreating Tynamo, as his best thing is to be a promoter mid-game so you can gear up your bench hitters with your attacker's energies before bringing him up, but Zebstrika already fulfills this role. I also agree with the NVI Blitzle (I've actually lost a match to agility) and moving your 4th Zebstrika (The NVI one) to a 4th Zekrom. He's a powerful, underrated attacker.

Back