• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

'Zard(Charizard AR)

Did some playtesting; I really don't like the Magnezone matchup for this deck. 140 HP is just such a problem, especially if they drop the emergency belt; they're almost guaranteed a prize, if not two.

@Pokemunkulys: Haven't played a Gyarados deck yet that uses Lucario GL, so I wouldn't know.

EDIT: Going to add 4 Tomb and drop my 1-1 Ape line. Also going to buff my Charizard line to a 4-3-4. Anything else anyone can think of to make my deck better?

Drop a Quilava, and you need more Ninetales to flood your bench with fire types quickly. Also, more Seeker to go with Spiritomb.

I still think that you should drop the Seekers because I don't see much use for them in your deck, unless you have a good reason.
I also don't recommend playing more than 2x Pokemon Communication and 2x Rare Candy if you're going to be adding 4x Spiritomb AR.
So I'd say:
-2 Seeker
-1 Pokemon Communication
-1 Rare Candy
+4 Spiritomb AR

There's probably a few other changes that you could make, but for starters I'd suggest you make those changes.

@Pokemunkulys: I personally have never found the need to have more than one Ninetales on the bench at a time so I really don't think that 3-3 Ninetales is necessary. I do admit that you'll have a little bit more trouble getting a bench full of fire pokemon, but I still don't think it's worth the space.

^Yeah. I'm going to drop 1 Collector/Candy to make room for the Tombs, I just haven't actually made the changes to the deck yet, which is why I haven't posted them. Now that I have Uxie back in, I'll need Seeker to both re-use Uxie, and to get it out of the way in case I'm 10 damage short of KO'ing someone, especially without Infernape 4.

@Pokemunkulys: I just added that 2nd Quilava in, and now you want me to drop it? ::sigh:: Can't please everyone I guess. Also, you want me to run a 3-3 Ninetales?! Don't you think that's a bit much? I've actually never considered running that heavy of a Ninetales line, but I suppose I could try it out...

If you're running tombs, 2-2-2 Typhlosion isn't a bad idea. 3-2-3 zard is definitely the way to go.

From my experience I don't think the list needs Fisherman at all. It doesn't want to go that far into the endgame.

Fisherman is actually surprisingly good in this deck, because since it relies on getting Fire Energy for setup, one can use Fisherman to get 4, that's right, 4 Energy without taking them out of one's deck. It's good mid game as well as end game.

Ran it at provincials and went 4-3 with some bad luck on the day; I don't honestly think fisherman is needed, what I DID find came in handy was Azelf. I'm also questioning the Looker's but there are still a lot of moments where seeing my opponent's hand helped, and I have the draw power to get over that extra card. Still favouring it over PONT right now.

Hey, did you ever consider adding in Magmortar SV and Blaziken FB lv X? A possible 120 damage with a {R}, but it takes a lot of effort to set-up. :(

Blaziken FB LvX is a nice tech, so far I've had more success with the reusability of infernape 4. Also, I guess Zard isn't _that_ bad because I went 4-3 at Ontario Provincials and got lucksacced out of two games.

@toffeefi: The LAST sort of suggestion I need is one that takes even more effort to set up than my current one. I have plenty of power. I'm looking for consistency.
@Kittymew: I don't run any techs in my Zard list aside from Ninetales, really. I had Infernape but I could never get it set up and it never helped much the couple of times I did.

Back