• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Yveltal Speed Deck (Yveltal EX / Yveltal / Darkrai EX)

zega90

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• x3 Yveltal EX
    x2 Darkrai EX
    x1 Absol (Plasma)
    x2 Yveltal (XY baby)
    x1 Mewtwo EX
    x1 Mr. Mime
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• x4 Ultra Ball
    x3 Energy Switch
    x4 Hypnotoxic Laser
    x2 Virbank City
    x2 Switch
    x2 Startling Megaphone
    x3 Muscle Band
    x1 Dowsing Machine (Scramble Switch is also option)
    x1 Professor's Letter
    x3 Bicycle
    x2 Shuana
    x3 N
    x1 Colress
    x4 Professor Juniper
    x2 Lysandre
Energy:

• x4 Double Colress Energy
    x9 Dark Energy

Strategy:

Yveltal Speed Deck, like old Darkrai EX Speed Deck, start with baby Yveltal, I prefer to go second since you can attack and attach energy from discard pile to your Pokemon on bench.

4 Ultra Ball and 4 Juniper can give us some energy cards in our discard pile so baby Yveltal can use them to put them on some Pokemons, also there is 4 Laser in deck so we can slow down opponent if we get heads on flip.

Also Bicycle is here for more draw support since this deck can burn hand quick.

4 Energy Switch can help us to switch energys eazy.

Early game try to charge 1-2 Yveltal EX on your Bench, spread damage, late game we can energy switch on Darkrai EX, or Mewtwo EX and make double prize with Lysandre.

Absol is also nice in this deck since he can hit for 20+ 20 for each pokemon on opponents bench, so with 5 Pokemons on bench, muscle band and vir-laser its 170 damage.

Also video for this deck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmXAL9vXU1I

RE: Yveltal Speed Deck Profile

I've also been thinking about cutting the Garbodor in favor of speed. However, it's really hard to be fast and spontaneous (i.e. 2 Dark Patch + DCE on an YveltalEX + LaserBank + Muscle Band attachment for a OHKO out of nowhere) with some of the best Darkness cards rotated from Standard format. Because of this, I'm only considering using speed Yveltal as my Expanded deck, but your list looks pretty nice for BCR-on.

First thing I noticed is that you play 4 Energy Switch. I think 3 is a better choice because 1: You have Dowsing Machine 2: If you're going to play 4 of a card, it's usually something that you hope to draw in the initial 7 card hand. The slot could be used in a better way such as increasing chances of starting with Oblivion Wing by adding another Switch. Switch is going to be used often because of all the BigBasics/Garb & Yveltal/Garb with Lasers. Only other thing I saw was 2 Shauna. Consider taking one out for a Colress because Plasma is one of the more difficult matchups for this deck, and you'll want to take advantage of the Plasma player filling the Bench quickly. Then again, once your opponent knows you play Absol, they will start trying to limit their bench. Lastly, Mr.Mime is something that should be included. Really not sure what to take out, but the second Lysandre could work.

Changes I suggest: -1 Energy Switch, -1 Shauna, -1 Lysandre, +1 Switch, +1 Colress, +1 Mr.Mime

Good luck with the deck. By the way, how much did that Great Ball playmat cost you?

RE: Yveltal Speed Deck Profile

Well it make sence with your replace. I get it for free from my friend.

Looks like it should be pretty speedy. Besides lasers, what response do you have for Pyroar?

I'd recommend:

-1 ultra ball
-1 energy switch
-1 bicycle
-1 dark energy

+2 Pikachu
+2 Raichu

Obviously a 2-2 Beartic line would be equally effective if you expect to see a lot of Landorus EX as well.

Raichu as a Pyroar counter is not effective at all since Pyroar KO's it so easily, and you need a full Bench plus laser to knock out what it was meant to counter. I'd play Beartic over Raichu, and in this deck, I'd probably play Garbodor over Beartic. And obviously if you play Garbodor, you'd also need Float Stone.

Well then it's not as speedy, is it? :/ Personally, I'd rather just hope to get lucky against Pyroar because people are mostly just playing it in Expanded anyways. Virizion/Genesect is also a little bit of a problem, though, because you can't really use your Lasers after the first turn (If you get to go first). I think a couple Reshiram is fine for that if there's a ton of Vir/Gen.

Looks pretty solid for a speed variant. I'll make two suggestions.

Consider cutting Absol for either a Keldeo-EX (with Darkrai on your bench, a Darkness Energy essentially becomes a Float Stone) or an Escape Rope. You could do a third Switch, but I find this less useful since you have Darkrai as a bench sitter. This is just another measure to help get you out of sleep since you need speed on your side, and Absol just isn't as good as it was last year. Safeguard Pokemon aren't big players right now, so you can cut that down for the sake of versatility and consistency. Worst comes to worst, you can attack with baby Yveltal. On that note, I wouldn't reccomend using any evolutions in a speed deck, and just accept that you won't be able to beat Pyroar with the deck; adding even a 2-2 line will hurt your consistency in other matchups. You could put in Raichu if you wish, but recall what I just said and know that Raichu is a counter to other Yveltal decks, not Pyroar.

I also suggest changing your ACE SPEC to Computer Search. This is a speed variant, so getting your cards out ASAP is imperative, especially if you're trying to take down a Litleo before it can evolve. Being able to pull any card from your deck (I'm specifically thinking of DCE though) can provide a major advantage. Dowsing Machine is better for the late game, a point by which you should already be well ahead if you haven't taken an early win.

This is my final list, I test it and its work good, only problem is Pyroar but where I play Pyroar is not big problem.

Yveltal Speed Deck is a good deck, but I prefer this version (with modification 1x Keldeo Ex (Legendary Treasures), 1x Deddene (Furious Fists), 1x Druddigon (Flashfire), 1x Toxicroak Ex):

3x Yveltal Ex
1x Darkrai Ex
2x Yveltal
3x Mewtwo Ex
1x Seismitoad Ex
1x Mr. Mime
1x Terrakion (Legendary Treasures)
4x DCE
8x Darkness Energy
2x Fighting Energy
4x Prof. Sycamore
3x N