• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yveltal Hard Charm (Yveltal EX / Seismitoad EX)

thelosh19

Moderately Experienced TCGer
Pokémon: 11
  • 3 Yvetal EX (XY)
  • 3 Yveltal
  • 2 Seismitoad EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 1 Absol (ROS)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 38
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 2 Pokemon Center Lady
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 3 Hard Charm
  • 3 Shadow Circle
  • 2 Switch
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Super Potion
  • 1 Battle Compressor
Energy: 11
  • 7 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The basic idea of the deck is to cause disruption with a defensive approach. Yveltal EX is the main attacker, with Seismitoad EX and Yveltal XY as support attackers. This deck should force a very slow, annoying game.

Last edited:
Also what card is Absol supposed to be. As far as I can find, there is no Primal Clash Absol card. The only legal Absol card is from Roaring Skies (unless you mean Absol EX). Assuming you are talking about the Roaring Skies one, I might remove it. It is pretty situational, especially when you only run 1 and no AZ or Super Scoop-Up.

I might try Malamar EX. Malamar can deal so much damage with Maxamar, plus it puts your opponent to sleep when you attach energy to Malamar EX, allowing you to stall even more. I would remove the Absol as well as 1 Yveltal and put in 2 Malamar EX. If the idea of running into Suicune scares you, then you could remove 1 Yveltal EX instead.

In short, this is what I would change (assuming Absol is ROS):
- 1 Absol ROS
- 1 Yveltal

+ 2 Malamar EX

Also what card is Absol supposed to be. As far as I can find, there is no Primal Clash Absol card. The only legal Absol card is from Roaring Skies (unless you mean Absol EX). Assuming you are talking about the Roaring Skies one, I might remove it. It is pretty situational, especially when you only run 1 and no AZ or Super Scoop-Up.

I might try Malamar EX. Malamar can deal so much damage with Maxamar, plus it puts your opponent to sleep when you attach energy to Malamar EX, allowing you to stall even more. I would remove the Absol as well as 1 Yveltal and put in 2 Malamar EX. If the idea of running into Suicune scares you, then you could remove 1 Yveltal EX instead.

In short, this is what I would change (assuming Absol is ROS):
- 1 Absol ROS
- 1 Yveltal

+ 2 Malamar EX
While Malamar/EX is a good card, it is rarely necessary in most decks. Sometimes the cards you like are not always the best cards. I know you like Malamar (from your deck garage post/multiple corrections but there isn't any need for it here.

Back