Yveltal and Leafeon

energyfullart(?

Full Art Ultra Rare
Im seriously thinking about adding leafeon to my yveltal deck.

• Primal kyogre = grass weakness + 4 energy cost
    Seismitoad = grass weakness
    Primal groudon (not the most playable) = grass weakness+ 4 energy cost
    Gardevoir= darkness resistance + needs almost 5 energy in play (+ muscle band)
    Aggron= laser resistance (steel shelter) + 4 energy cost
Also both yveltal and leafeon take advantage of head ringer to hit magic numbers.

A list could be something like:

Pokemon: 13

• 3 Yeltal-EX
    3-3 Leafeon
    2 Yveltal
    1 Darkrai-EX
    1 Jirachi-EX

Supporters: 15

• 4 Sycamore
    4 N
    3 Skyla
    1 Twins
    1 Colress
    2 Lysandre

• 20 items
    3 VS seeker
    4 Hypnotoxic laser
    3 Ultra ball
    1 Professor letter
    1 Switch
    1 Escape rope
    1 Hard charm
    3 Muscle band
    2 Head ringer
    1 Scoop up cyclone

Energy: 12

• 4 DCE
    8 Darkness

2 Leafeon is enough honestly. If this is plasma Leafeon we're talking about anyway. I mean it's your deck but that all depends on your luck with prize cards.

Yes! My boy Leafeon is back! :D I totally agree with you: Leafeon is so strong next format, in anything; not just Yveltal. Seismitoad, Kyogre, Groudon and Gardevoir is like half the format right there. Seismitoad, Kyogre and Groudon get absolutely destroyed by it. A non EX taking 2 prizes on a Mega for one Energy? That's pretty strong. This seems like more of a reason for those decks to run Weakness Policy.

For Gardevoir decks, Leafeon won't one shot Gardevoir often, but it still does heaps of damage. Gardevoir needs 6 Energy in play to OHKO EXs, and 8 to OHKO Megas (7 for Manectric and opposing Gardevoirs). They'll probably attach more Energy than that anyway, just in case one of their Pokemon gets KO'd. This means Leafeon can occasionally deal enough damage to KO Gardevoir in one hit! This may cause them to attach less Energy, thus removing Energy from their field becomes a much bigger loss for them.

Even against other decks, Leafeon is definitely above average. Vir/Gen and Mega Manertric accumulate lots of Energy onto their field very quickly. Bronzong can too, in some situations. Even if you're just doing 80-100 with it, that's still really good for 1 Energy.

Overall, I definitely think Leafeon can become a very common tech next format. As TokenDuelist said, a 2-2 line is probably fine, since if you're using it too often, your opponent can play around it by attaching less Energy.

Plasma Leafeon is personally a Pokemon I've chosen to keep 2 copies of in my eeveelution deck since VirGen is less of a threat to it now, and my deck never actually lost to it, surprisingly. At cities I had no need to rely on Flareon to beat it and simply stuck to Leafeon and Espeon. It's definitely worth teching into the deck.

Even if Leafeon rotates out, the format for the next year seems heavy on grass weakness so the Furious Fists Leafeon is still a decent tech into the deck because of Energy Recycle.

I'm gonna look forward to slapping up and disrupting the soon-to-be onslaught of Dragon decks with Sylveon.

I concur with MtC's comments, Leafeon (PLF) is awesome and will definitely be useful once the Primal Clash set is tournament-legal, IMO. Btw, don't be surprised to see a random Flareon (PLF) and/or Sylveon too...

Back