• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Yvelbats (Yveltal EX / Crobat)

Neos

I am Neos. Who are you?
Pokemon:

• 3 Yveltal EX
    3 Yveltal
    3-3-3 Crobat
    1 Darkrai EX
    1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Professor Juniper
    4 N
    2 Lysandre
    2 Colress
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card

3 Shadow Circle

3 Muscle Band
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 VS Seeker
    2 Switch
    2 Jamming Net
    2 Enhanced Hammers
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Computer Search
Energy:

• 7 Darkness Energy
    4 DCE

Strategy:

This deck is so simple, and really fun to play. Yveltal EX is your main attacker, swinging for 20+ another 20 for each energy attached to you and your opponents active pokemon. Combo that with Golbat and Crobat, they will be killing, and be doing enough damage to knock out a pokemon, that your evil ball couldnt do.

RE: Yvelbats (Yveltal EX/Crobat)

4-3-2 since your using bats, because you circulate the bats with AZ and scoop up.

RE: Yvelbats (Yveltal EX/Crobat)

You can also cut the switch and add 2 repeat ball because bats and darkrai
Make switch almost useless and repeat give great accel to the deck

I found that switch is very useful, and i have had games where Darkrai was KO'd and switch won me the game. Also, I like your idea of the 4-3-2 line, ill try that out.

You have colress listed twice.

I recommend
-2 Colress (in total you have 4 listed right now)

+1 Zubat PLS (free flight)
+1 Yveltal XY

Why 4-3-3? I don't see what a third crobat is going to do if your using bat chains. At least when every I use bats I always 4-3-2 because one of each might be prized. Though you only need 3/2/1 on the bench to make bats work effectively. But I mean if you feel the need of a 3rd crobat...

i made tons of changes, and cut the recycling engine, because it takes up space.

How well has this deck been working for you? I've been thinking of building it but before I do I want to know if it has any competitive value. I placed top 8 at Nebraska states with a Yveltal seismitoad and I've always wanted to try bats with Yveltal but I have never been sure

well, its been doing well. I dont have it built it irl, but online, it usually steals games or just dominates the whole game. the bats are there to finish the job that yveltal started. so dont really trust me as i am quite new to all this once again after quitting for 6 months, but the deck does what it needs to do. i would add a Seismitoad somewhere in there thogh.

Yea I was gonna keep my 2 toads in anyways but once I actually get ahold of some crobats, I will be very excited to see what this deck can do

Just curious, but what's your reasoning for playing a Crobat line over laserbank. It seems like lasers would take less space until they rotate.

Crobat deals 50 damage per turn when it's all set up and the damage can be placed almost any where. Plus they all have free retreat while providing a higher chance of getting a Pokémon on the first turn.

That's the reason I figured any ways (Though if Neos has a different reason then I'm sorry for intruding)

I can't figure out how you came up with that number. It's Ability only triggers when you evolve it and not once per turn. If you played Super Scoop Up (which this list does not), you might be able to play Golbat and Crobat back down immediately for 50, but that's demanding of a lot of things including a coin flip. And Lasers still have the chance to put the opponent's Active to sleep as well as to stack if your opponent fails to switch out. I guess with Bats, at least you can put the damage anywhere.

yeah, crobat and golbat usually finish off games. youve got 30 damage left on the bench? crobat down boom you might win the battle. Yveltal is like the main hitter. and crobat and golbat finish the job.

Back