yu-gi-oh questions

Zero

Renegade Writer
Hey guys! I'm writing up a yu-gi-oh vs pokemon rant, and I need some info from some yu-gi-oh players here. Here are my questions:

1. How many secret rares come in a box these days?
2. Why introduce a new type (Psychic).
3. Since you have small hand sizes 2-3 turns into the game, does it usually end up a draw-pass/draw-playcard-pass game?
4. What's up with the anime? 4000 LP... AND D-WHEELS?! How lame can you get?
5. Are there age groups?
6. About what percent of a major event would you say are 14-younger?
7. How expensive are some of the really good decks (lightsworn and stuff like that) right now?

I'm not really that big on competitive play for Yu-Gi-Oh right now, but I'll do the best I can to answer your questions. Forgive me if some of them turn out a bit shallow.

z-man said:
Hey guys! I'm writing up a yu-gi-oh vs pokemon rant, and I need some info from some yu-gi-oh players here. Here are my questions:

The official ratio for secret rares is 1:24 boosters, so since Yu-Gi-Oh boxes are only 24 packs, 1 per box.
Why are new things ever introduced in a game? To keep things fresh and to give more options to players, that's my best guess.
3. Since you have small hand sizes 2-3 turns into the game, does it usually end up a draw-pass/draw-playcard-pass game?
I've had this happen on a few occasions but it only goes on for 2 turns or so. Since your deck size is small in YGO too, one card a turn can be enough for a game to flow.
This a question better suited for the anime's producers. I can tell you this though, with the way the duels in the anime are 8,000 life points would be a bit much. They've proven many times in the past that they can drag 4,000 LP duels out quite far.
5. Are there age groups?
No. Yu-Gi-Oh does not have age groups in Organized Play.
I can't really say for certain here, as I don't consistentatly go to larger events. But from what I remember in the past, it's pretty even. About 50-50, I'd say.
7. How expensive are some of the really good decks (lightsworn and stuff like that) right now?
Well, with the launch of the Duelist Genesis, many playable cards have been tinned. So it hasn't been so bad lately. But some of the pre-Duelist Genesis decks are a bit expensive. A Lightsworn deck (buying singles) might take you 70 or 80 dollars. Dark Armed Dragon will cost you an arm and a leg however, with the card itself costing about $300 to $400 upon it's release. It's not as expensive now though, since it was recently semi-limited (reduced to 2 copies per deck) but the recent Dark Armed Synchro archetype however still has it's price riding rather high, but if you play your cards right you can get a copy or two for fairly cheap.

Hope I helped! ;]

psychics come with a new engine in the game known as synchros
if ur familiar with the game but havent played in a while the best way i can describe is fusoin
when u fusoin summon a monster u generally need a polymerization
with synchros u send the monsters listed on the synchro monster in your extra deck/fusion deck
to the graveyard to special summon the synchro monster

also a good lightsworn is a whole lot more then 70-80
becuase u need
2 honest secret rare
2 judgement dragon secret rare
3 charge of the light brigade new secret rare
normally 1 ehren lightsworn monk secert rare
along with many ultra/super rares
the deck should be almost over 400$
dark armed dragon is always expensive but arguably the best deck right now
or gladiator beats there cheap for yugioh standards like maybe 150$ for a complete competitive glad beast deck only becuase u need 3 solemn judgment, test tiger, 3 glad beast gyzarus, 1 glad beast heraklinos
it really not a draw pass game at all
idk/idc about the anime
there are not many good younger players or at least the tend to not mak an apearence in top cuts of major events such as shonen jumps/nats
this format is probably going to be a very fast format becuz of the speed of teleport dark armed dragon and glad beasts r normally faster paced decks
uhhh i play yugioh competitivly and i pay close attention to the metagame and i can answer most questions correctly

well usaly its random theres more on the line of 1 but 20% shot theres none,now in the 3 pack sp. ed boxes theres to many odd the most ive seen out of those has been 3 secrets.

becuase of the new season and new types of ways to play

not at all most decks today like teleport dad keep and average hand size of 5 all game

way lame thats why i dont touch the new shows.

5. Are there age groups?
nope but there are kids tourny off 15 years and younger

1% maybe not even but like i sayed in #5 the are lacal card shops that hold smaal 15 year and younger tournys
7. How expensive are some of the really good decks (lightsworn and stuff like that) right now? light sworn is the mid exspensive deck right now cuz jugdement dragon is only worth 70 bucks now so but teleport dad is a highest of 1000$ deck becuase of dark armed dragon and crush card ,an d draw ,etc

so that should clarify alot for ya ^-^

also glad beast is worth more than 150 becuase solemns a playset is goin for nearly 150 its self while a playset of test tigers woud go for like 60 to 70 depending on if there ultimate or ultra and heraklinos right now only worth like 20 or 30 so on top of the rest its still a difficult and exspensive deck to build so just clarifying that.cuz i have it built lol.

Back