Youtube's Annoying Format-changing habits.

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor
Hey, did you guys go to Youtube today? Did you notice the exquisite formatting changes they made? Like smaller thumbnails, a constant tab, showing your subscriptions, to the left when you use the search engine, and a horizontally streeeetched out middle-space for some weird reason? Why in great gobbeldy gook did the workers at Youtube think this was a good idea!?

It makes text on the website harder to read, the visuals make less of an impact, and that horizontal stretch in the center is aesthetically awkward because of the extra empty space. I seriously had to Zoom In on my web browser to cope with it :/. Seriously guys, what the heck is Youtube up too? How are all of you guys and girls taking it?

I only somewhat understand what you mean; for some reason, my account and my home/subscriptions page remained unchanged. But I did see my brother's channel and it looks horrible.

don()shinobi said:
YouTube is free; you expect everything to go just the way you want it to go?

Hah. Well of course Youtube staff and contributors and whoever's in charge yadda yadda can modify it as they please, but I seriously think there were SOME staff members who looked at this result and said, "Eeeehhh... its rather awkward, visually speaking."

I don't notice any changes except a translation button at the side of every video..

Behold the power of helpless people, able to whine on other forums and feel good that other people are sharing his/her misery.

Personally, there are videos on that website I wish to watch, I can search for them without problems, I can watch them without problems. Maybe if I owned a Channel, I might feel the oddly restricting customization issues (but I don't). It's a video-hosting site that works. Simple enough for me.

Back