News YouTube to Start Purging Inactive Accounts Later This Year

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer

So starting later this year in December 2023, YouTube is going to start purging inactive accounts on their platform. So If you're a content creator on YouTube it won't affect you that much but If you mainly have a YouTube account just to watch, like, comment, and/or subscribe to YouTube videos and channels without uploading any content to their platform then there might be a problem.

I may unfortunately fall into the latter since I post comments while signed in to my Google Account but don't upload my own YouTube videos because I lack the equipment and resources necessary to do so. Their reasoning for this is basically a cost-cutting measure to free up storage on Google's servers. I kind of noticed this with the like button feature adding too many favorited videos that could potentially crash one's PC for another similar reason.

Thoughts?

Bump...

Turns out there's more new rules and guidelines that YouTube is going to be implementing on their platform aside from this. One of which being that If the name of your YouTube account is deemed offensive or inappropriate then you will be forced to change it within 10 days from now in order to continue using that account.

They also recently cracked down on YouTubers using Adblock on their platform by limiting the amount of videos they can watch unless they purchase a premium subscription after three videos so If you disable Adblock on YouTube then you shouldn't have a problem even though it's extremely petty. It sucks but this can't get any worse right?

Back