Youtube and PlayTCG

Captain Oats

I'm worse than you at TCG.
Has anybody else been asked for their youtube account after a match or two on PlayTCG?

It's happened to me 5 or 6 times now, and honestly I'm not even confused, I'm just really curious why people are asking for a youtube account. I assume it's because of the number of TCG players that have pack openings/record their matches/etc, but can anybody shed some light on this?

It's normally after games played pretty late (1am EST+) when it's just a relaxed kind of setting and has only happened once during the day when people are more actively playing, so I'm sure not everyone has had this happen to them.

Anyways, why youtube?

So people know who you are playing. You can just say no.

It's happened, but not with youtube.

I understand why they would ask, and I don't mind, I actually always give it to them.

I'm just curious, why youtube?

Probably because most people have Youtube accounts. It is more likely for a person to have a Youtube than to have an account on any random Pokémon forum.

Captain Oats said:
I understand why they would ask, and I don't mind, I actually always give it to them.

I'm just curious, why youtube?

I guess its recorded matches they upload so they usually I think they would put the opponent's channel link onto the description of the video.

Glaceon said:
Probably because most people have Youtube accounts. It is more likely for a person to have a Youtube than to have an account on any random Pokémon forum.

That too.

because most people playing on an online tcg simulator probably dont want to give out their real information via facebook or a similar website, so youtube lets them do it impersonally on a site that people are most likely to have an account on.

Back