Pokemon Your thoughts on the new Team?

Hikari Vantas

Aspiring Trainer
What do you think the new "evil team" is going to be named or about or what would you like to see in Pokemon X and Y? Also how do you think they will try to obtain Xerneas and/or Yveltal.

I want to fight an enemy team that's actually threatening.

Team Rocket - gangsters, but no real goal (only legit team); second Team Rocket was pathetic
Team Aqua/Magma - want to expand the world's seas/lands to benefit the Pokemon that live there; helping Pokemon is boring
Team Galactic - want to destroy the universe to build a new one; far too outlandish to be taken seriously
Team Plasma - want to...liberate Pokemon from humans? We've already gone over this: helping Pokemon is boring (although second Team Plasma was pretty legit).

The enemy team should have a realistic goal that they can actually achieve. I want a game where the bad guy wins.

I want a team that isn't involved with the main legendaries at all. In R/S/E it was fresh and exciting but now it's gotten wwwwaayyy too predictable.

Achievable goals and that every grunt doesn't use a ZUBAT (or any Pokemon commonly seen in the wild)!

Destroy Nature to easily enslave Pokemon could work.

Rusty Sticks said:

Team Rocket - gangsters, but no real goal (only legit team); second Team Rocket was pathetic
Team Aqua/Magma - want to expand the world's seas/lands to benefit the Pokemon that live there; helping Pokemon is boring
Team Galactic - want to destroy the universe to build a new one; far too outlandish to be taken seriously
Team Plasma - want to...liberate Pokemon from humans? We've already gone over this: helping Pokemon is boring (although second Team Plasma was pretty legit).

The enemy team should have a realistic goal that they can actually achieve. I want a game where the bad guy wins.

Than wynaut redo the main character's backstory from Pokemon Coliseum only he's still with the bad guys

The main reason that team magma/aqua sucked is that their plans involved either making it rain to expand oceans (taking water out of the sea, and putting it back in the sea) and the plan to evaporate the sea would just make it rain more (water cycle)

Hopefully they'll be a more rocket-esque organisation or even like team snag'em (because gonzap's facial hair is awesome)

I'd like to see a team for once that's anti-pokemon, some sort of ancient order that fears them and considers them enemies of humans. They could battle with remotely controlled, totally mindless machines.

Rusty Sticks said:

It makes me happy to see people responding to this thread in this manner. Some of my friends are in love with the evil teams and personally I think they are some of the least important parts of the Pokemon games.
Of course they build up the story, but the stories are always predictable and easy to forget a year later. You remember the gist of it, but really? they all suck.
Team Rocket is honestly just making it to "pretty good". I mean, they have no real goal (like you said), but they have alot of potential.

I can't tell you how much I dislike Team Plasma for being so annoying. Honestly they are GF's version of PETA I'm sure of it. Even N who people love so much, but I don't see the charisma in that character at all. BW2 storyline was actually better than the first though, so it at least picked up.

Ok, I'm done.

Bogleech said:
I'd like to see a team for once that's anti-pokemon, some sort of ancient order that fears them and considers them enemies of humans. They could battle with remotely controlled, totally mindless machines.

I love that idea, but that might be a bit dark for GF? lol.

I think they could bring an interesting twist if maybe the group of bad guys was led by a former character gone bad. Like Cynthia (my favorite character of all time <3) hated her job, cracked under the pressure, and started "TEAM GARCHOMP LUVRS" She could get a new, more riskaaay outfit and everything. Pwnage. She would capture Xerneas with her bra.

I'm not trolling here guys, I think it's about time GF went out on a limb a little. My whole point here is that I want to see something unexpected, something (obviously) different than all the other games.

Elite Stride said:
I think they could bring an interesting twist if maybe the group of bad guys was led by a former character gone bad. Like Cynthia (my favorite character of all time <3) hated her job, cracked under the pressure, and started "TEAM GARCHOMP LUVRS" She could get a new, more riskaaay outfit and everything. Pwnage. She would capture Xerneas with her bra.

I'm not trolling here guys, I think it's about time GF went out on a limb a little. My whole point here is that I want to see something unexpected, something (obviously) different than all the other games.

That would be cool and I think the E4 and should be the admins and the Champion the evil mastermind.

Like the manga where the team rocket member consist of Gym Leaders while the neo rocket ex-member become E4 members. but in reverse

I want them to have a goal of enslaving them and they want to conquer the world with their army of slave Pokemon
or dis-forming Pokemon because they want to enhance weak Pokemon and make them stronger
(BTW this should be in X and Y section :p)

Elite Stride said:

Yes. Please let this happen!

I was hoping they would bring back Team Rocket, but I'm on board with the Garchomp Luvrs.
Maybe she'll have an aBRA. The team better have more BRAins than BRAwn. All I can say is 'BRAvo, Elite Stride, for this BRAlliant idea...
Okay fine. The last one didn't work.

How will we find the legends? Xerneas will be found in a forest, maybe. Yveltal will be found in a tall tower? Idk it's hard to tell right now.

Elite Stride said:

That could happen, I think I read around of a leak on the rivals may do that.

Bogleech said:
So, sort of like a Legend of Korra, Equalists, kind of scenario?
They're fearful of Pokemon, but not in a respectable manner, and enslave them in like. Cages and stuff.

SunRiver said:
A woman leader for starters..
The original leader of Team Rocket was a woman.

How about mind controlling all the Pokemon within a region so the team can take over the world? It sounds weird but it's original... somewhat

TheFirePenguin said:
How about mind controlling all the Pokemon within a region so the team can take over the world? It sounds weird but it's original... somewhat

Team Plasma is already doing that sort of thing right now. Increasing a Pokemon's full potential through science, while still having them basically under complete mind control.

Rusty Sticks said:
I want a game where the bad guy wins.

This will never happen but every day I wish it would. The closest we really get is where the insert evil team here unleashes insert mascot legendary here upon the world and it's up to the player to stop it. But I would like for the main character to feel kinda hopeless and beaten before finally overcoming the super hot female team leader.

frezgle said:
I want a team that isn't involved with the main legendaries at all. In R/S/E it was fresh and exciting but now it's gotten wwwwaayyy too predictable.

Given that most evil teams are after power, and the region's local legendary pokemon is a supreme source of that power, chances are pretty good that Xerneas and Yveltal will play an integral part in Team Gen6's goals, which is most lamentable.

If you're comparing evil team deeds, Team Rocket actually ranks pretty low. The only thing they did that was worthy of note was take over Saffron City and stop you from fighting Sabrina. They were minding their own business in their hideout before you walked in completely unprovoked and stomped the balls out of them and Giovanni spent so much time getting thrashed by you that Team Rocket never got a chance to...

/me shades

...take off.

yeahhh.jpg

Galactic gets brownie points for causing lasting damage (blowing Lake Valor up).

PMJ said:
Rusty Sticks said:
I want a game where the bad guy wins.

The closest we really get is where the insert evil team here unleashes insert mascot legendary here upon the world and it's up to the player to stop it. But I would like for the main character to feel kinda hopeless and beaten before finally overcoming the super hot female team leader.

Yeah that's mainly what I'm aiming for. The bad guy being completely victorious is too much, but something like this would be great.

Also female bad guys. We need more of them. Definitely.

Back