Your Thoughts on Psychic Abilities?

The Yoshi

Wumbo
I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss, so I want to hear some opinions. Try to answer these questions when you respond:

• Do you believe in psychic ability of any sort?
  • Do you believe in fortune tellers that can tell the future or predict things (eg. which team will win a sports tournament)?
  • Do you believe in twin telepathy (twins that know what each other is thinking)?
  • To what extent do you think psychic ability is possible?

Also, you can discuss any psychic or telepathic topics here. I'm just interested in some opinions.

RE: Psychic Ability?

It's funny, cuz both times I loaded this page I got an ad for California Psychics.

I think that some psychic abilities and telekinesis is possible. I do not think twins will have that happen to them. I think it is a single ability that someone can learn and not have naturally. With all the things I watch, they are inspirational, but maybe a bit cheesy. A lot of times, from personal experience, I have found that believing and trusting my conscience that things do turn out in my favor. For example, it is like the feeling you get when you feel you are being watched. It is usually true because our own body can sense things. Even though, unconfirmed, with the pieces I have now and ideal beliefs, I am confident that they are possible. What I do not believe in is things such as " reading their mind " but I do believe in the ability to shift the future, read the future, and moving things around.

I can say, I have a twin and often times we share similar thoughts or predict what the other one will say/do. Perhaps that's from knowing each other so well, but it happens! :)

1. I think it's unlikely but not impossible. I haven't had any experiences, but others have. I do like this one idea involving magnetic fields being responsible for "hauntings" and a "sixth sense".
2. No. I think most, if not all, fortune tellers are frauds who either tell you what you want to hear or do cold reading.
3. No again. Twins have been together since birth, so it would make sense that they would know how the other thinks. Identical twins are genetically the same person, so for them it would be just like knowing your own thoughts.
4. I don't know.

1. Possibly, but IDK for certain.
2. I don't think anyone can predict the future with 100% certainty, there's too many factors to keep in mind, and given that the slightest action could have a very profound effect on the future.
3. Not telepathically. Only because they have the same or similar thought processes.
4. Probably in very subtle ways. I doubt it's going to be to the degree where everyone can run around bending objects or elements to their will like you see in movies or video games, if that were possible we'd know it already. It's like time travel, you can't hide something like that that drastically affects reality for very long.

If they had any "Psychic Ability" they would spend a dollar for the $425 million dollar PowerBall.

There is a such thing as magic. However, if your Christian, you should know that you should NEVER try to get tangled or even want to try it. If you read in the OT, you hear about these things called "Teraphim". Research it. My teacher theorized its human heads that are prepared a certain way, and can be used to tell the future. Weird stuff

I get Deja Vu a LOT and sometimes read Random Receiver pulls and predict people's moves during Pokemon games.
This scares me because i do not know the source.
Anyway answers.
1. I really am undecided.
2. Fortune tellers have been arrested for fraud. The existing ones are better at covering it up.
3. Twin "telepathy" is simply a matter of two people knowing each other so well that they can predict what the other is thinking.
4. I believe from whatever illusion of personal experience i may have that these powers may exist but are altogether uncontrollable (if present.) Whenever i predict things, it will be off a random thought in my head and will usually be correct but i have no control over such things.

Cinesra said:
1. I think it's unlikely but not impossible. I haven't had any experiences, but others have. I do like this one idea involving magnetic fields being responsible for "hauntings" and a "sixth sense".
2. No. I think most, if not all, fortune tellers are frauds who either tell you what you want to hear or do cold reading.
3. No again. Twins have been together since birth, so it would make sense that they would know how the other thinks. Identical twins are genetically the same person, so for them it would be just like knowing your own thoughts.
4. I don't know.

You read my mind!!!!

Generally exactly this. Sometimes weird things happen. Once my mother knew what my brother was thinking. I do believe that everyone can have it though it is not likely to happen.

Puff said:
It's funny, cuz both times I loaded this page I got an ad for California Psychics.

That's cause the ads can show up for multiple reasons, such as words on a page you're viewing. I've gotten an ad for "the online psychic fair" twice as well.

1) Maybe, but it's unlikely.
2) Naw, fortune tellers are total scams.
3) Nope that couldnt really happen, but if it did that would be pretty dang awesome.
4) Psychic ability has only a small extent of possibility. It's like almost an instinctive thing or like a gut feeling. You can sometimes predict certain things. I don't know if any of you play Streak for the Cash on ESPN, but the guy that the game is based off of predicted like 30+ games in a row. If you know sports, that's crazy. I would look up the whole story behind it, but I'm too lazy. Predicting the future is limited by like a common knowledge. Most people know certain things, but they don't use them as much as they should. They also don't look further into a subject before predicting something. Once you combine this "common knowledge" and further insight, you probably could predict the future.

Or this is all bull and I'm just really stupid.

The Yoshi said:
I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss, so I want to hear some opinions. Try to answer these questions when you respond:

• Do you believe in psychic ability of any sort?
  • Do you believe in fortune tellers that can tell the future or predict things (eg. which team will win a sports tournament)?
  • Do you believe in twin telepathy (twins that know what each other is thinking)?
  • To what extent do you think psychic ability is possible?

Also, you can discuss any psychic or telepathic topics here. I'm just interested in some opinions.

1) To some extent. My dad has had a few Psychic moments in his life. One time when he was a teen, his friend got a brand new truck, and went to pick up my dad because they were going to the mall, so when my dad's friend got to his house, my dad touched the truck and said he saw an vision of his friend crashing into a brick wall with the passenger's side completely crushed and his body squished to bits! So my dad opted not to go, guess what happened on my dad's friend's way to the mall? He crashed into a brick wall and the passenger's side was completely crushed!

2) No. Like others said, you just pay them for them to tell you what you want to hear.

3) I have a twin and I can safely say that neither of us are Psychics of any sort. However, we know each other so well that we often say or think the same thing; for example: If we are asked the same question, such as "What are your top 10 favorite Anime?" at least a few of the answers will be the same.

4) Like I said in answer 1, to some extent. I believe it is possible for them to exist, but it is rarely used and/or hard to come by.

EDIT: I sometimes am good at guessing things like "Will the coin land on heads or tails?" or "If I play Juniper, is it possible that I'll draw the card(s) I need?" But those are just guesses and hunches.

I do not believe in psychic abilities, but I do believe in probability, coincidences, and logic. :)

Hahaha that's funny. Oh... you're serious.

There is no such thing as psychic powers... as far as we know. All presented claims of psychic powers can be explained naturally (usually through a combination of psychology and technology in the ear of a "psychic"). Psychic powers have not been demonstrated in a controlled situation, and thus, cannot be taken seriously. If you'd like to demonstrate your psychic powers or know someone who can, the James Randi Education Foundation will provide $1 mil to anyone who can prove their supernatural claims in a testable format. You get to decide the test, and as long as the situation is controlled, if you have supernatural powers, you'll walk away with $1 mil. Don't want the money? I know of a few charities that would LOVE $1 mil. If you have psychic powers or know someone who has psychic powers, make sure you refer them to the James Randi contest. If the claims are true, someone will be $1 mil richer.

That being said, until psychic powers are demonstrated fairly without outside influence (and as long as they have a success rate significantly above that of educated guessing), there is no reason to believe in them.

TDL said:
I do not believe in psychic abilities, but I do believe in probability, coincidences, and logic. :)

That is the same as me. However, I do believe that it is possible. Also that God (I love God) can tell what we are thinking but God's God.

The Yoshi said:

• Do you believe in psychic ability of any sort? nope, at least not for Humans
  • Do you believe in fortune tellers that can tell the future or predict things (eg. which team will win a sports tournament)? fortune tellers are basically scammers who claim they know the future, so no on that too...
  • Do you believe in twin telepathy (twins that know what each other is thinking)? not at all
  • To what extent do you think psychic ability is possible? I think it's non existent, or at least not in the way we think of it.

I would discuss this more in depth, but I'm a Christan and this would definitely turn into a post about religion and I don't know what the Beach's policies on that are, so I'll stop here. :p

I once tried bending a spoon with my mind. Gave it 30 minutes more or less... after shouting "your will strong spoon but mine is teh stronger!!!" I almost pooped myself and gave up.

Now if I had psychic powers one of the ways I'd abuse is to see which packs have the card I want and I could make mad money off that. Well actually no, if I wanted to really, really abuse that I'd go to the lottery.

pfft having psychic powers is inferior to having the byakugan, lottery tickets and TCG packs are only the icing on the cake for those eyes :p (if you don't know what byakugan is, google it.)

Yes.
No - There is no such thing as a set future. Changes within and outside of you can set the "future" onto a different path.
No.
To whatever extent that person is capable of, not quite to psychokinetic-physical qualities, but to (re-)incarnations and manifestations of spirits as well as their possible knowledge and wisdom

Back