Your Status...and MORE

Do people make fun of you because you like Pokemon?

• Yeah, unfortunately...

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No WAY! It's a secret.

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

Serperior

~
Advanced Member
At school, what do people think about you? Do they think of you as a nerd, a priss, or an athlete? Do they make fun of you because you like Pokemon? After all this, have you asked girls out? For me, it's tough.

im a skater i ask girls out ( see first kiss thread) and  no one at school knows i like pokemon i 2 live its great and i make fun of the nerds/preps kind of hipacrical my group is a socal out cast amoung the guys

Not too many people know but the ones that do all think it's cool. I mean, it isn't like they are one of the best in the world at anything, so it's pretty hard for them to come up with any insult from it.
If anyone does question it, then I tell them how it wins me scholarship money; after that they usually shut up.

Girls are only a problem for me to the point that they are a problem for every other high school guy in the world. Pokemon makes it no easier nor more difficult to get girls.

I didn't play pokemon that much in high school though I was still was one of and with those that weren't supportive of the school (We had the one digit greeting), I did play it in my freshman and senior year's(The TCG and video game but only the game in my senior year) but the other two years I mostly read book's (And people started playing that stupid Austen Powers game). I played pokemon during the non-school day's and read when I was in school then in my senior year I stopped caring and Ruby&Sapphire came out so I started playing pokemon at school again but still being my antivist self.

Year 8 for me... you know, half the people in my class play Pokémon, and no one really cares apart from a few who lock horns occasionally... but no one else plays the cards.

But most of the I'm either the skilled musician, the crazy maths nerd, and the random guy (in fact, that's a nickname). I'm also trying not to enter any relationships... don't ask me why.

relationships are banned in my school. Well, I am in a school choir, plus the highest voice grouping (soprano), so naturally people laugh at me for that. But, now, it's not so often. Sec/Form 2 in asia standart.

Those are very inspiring stories peeps, well, they weren't exactly inspiring but I try to keep Pokemon to myself. I don't try to get into relationships like m0nster1nc UNLESS there's someone noticeable. :) I try not to because it will get me side-tracked in my life and it's not like you're gonna marry her in the next week. I'm usually the guy who says, HOLY COW! That Korean guy over there is going to Cincinnati for Science Fair! Or, dude, that kid knows his math. Otherwise, I'm not the chick magnet....not unfortunately.

Heh, now I remember. I expect that girls in the other school are so shallow the only thing the look at is their looks. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.

Well no one makes fun of me for liking pokemon (exept really girly girls) and people probably see me as a weird/funny who likes video games, sports, and books like Narnia, Series of Unfortinate Events books, and Harry Potter books all at the same time! And I'm still in Elementry so I havent asked any girls out yet (they still gross me out at a lot of points!).

I'm at college, so anyone doing anything random (ie playing pokemon) is considered cool. I even saw a guy walking around with a Jigglypuff T-shirt on not long ago.

I don't think the TCG would ever live up here in my college, but people play the GBA games a lot. I win every time =]

m0nster1nc, I agree with you... again. In order to get a good girlfriend, you need to know them well and like each other for your personalities. Girls have a tendency to like guys for their looks, but I believe being nice to them will help in getting a GF.

i agger with you but girls also like bad boys i get in troble alot because of my group like half the group smokes weed not me but some do and teachers hate us so most girls try to change a guy that what has wworked for me so far but im only in 8th grade

Uh...I think it's illegal to smoke weed in Ohio. What do you have to say about that? I'm not sayin' your group of friends is bad, just avoid the smoking.

like i said i dont my groups does and yes it is illega to smoke sell or grow weed in the state of ohio i dont plan on somking me frineds just picked it up and im not goign to stop being there friends of a silly little thing like that and
FYI you only get a ticket for have it you do not sever jail time:p

Well, I gotta say its not too popular at my school.....I know a couple freshman in my Jazz Band class who play it, but they say they dont like it as much. Pokemon is a game.....for people to make fun of you because of a game you play is pretty low.....seriously. Grow up.....or at least get a better reason. I play it, and Im not afraid to tell someone I play it because A. I dont Care and B. I still dont care. People consider me more of a Band geek though, Im in 2 Band classes this year, Only Freshman to do it! So yeah, theres my imput.

-Black Rayquaza

... I'm like the only girl that plays cards in my class... They use it to tease me because I play Pokemon... But there's another girl that plays the Pokemon games, but why no one talks about her?? UNFAIR!! I don't mind letting them know because
a)I don't care
b)I still don't care
c)It's fun

Flygon! I didn't know you were a girl! Anyways, I think it's beastly to play even if you have people making fun of you because like Martin Luther King Jr., he stood up in what he believed in! Geez, too much school! :D

Well, I'm a geek, and easily the smartest in my class. Am also a class clown. Most of the poke lovers in my class are my friends, and most people in my class don't know I play pokemon, and I don't really care. I'm a little popular just because I make people laugh, but I'm still geeky.

Back