Your Best Films of the Year?

professorlight said:
Chaos Jackal said:
And in the end, I'll be left the only guy who doesn't like MLP and Frozen.

There's no escape, you will be assimilated, too.

one of us

one of us

one of us

ONE OF US

Nonono, he's fine. He admitted it was one of the better Disney movies.

MOVIE UPDATE
Captain Philips: come for the black guy whose name I can't pronounce who does a phenomenal job as the bad guy, stay for the final 10-15 minutes where Tom Hanks gives one of the greatest performances of all time. Great movie.

I, Frankenstein: early contender for the next Academy Awards, this film is a spectacular feat of ingenuity anGODDAMN IT IT WAS AWFUL DON'T SEE THIS EVER IT HURT TO LOOK AT AARRRGGGHHH

I loved Frozen. The music was incredible, I did not see that twist at the end, (maybe I was a little naïve), and the music was incredible.

oh boy here we go

The LEGO Movie
All I can say is...wow. I went in expecting a generic kids' "comedy" featuring toilet humor and sexual innuendos for adults. Instead it turned into one of the best movies of the year (yes I know it's just begun). It's colorful, it's fun, and the animation is spectacular. The voice acting is stellar and it's REALLY FREAKING FUNNY. Seriously. There were very few moments where everyone in the theater wasn't laughing. The story also shocked me, as there actually is one; and it makes sense! The story is deep and surprisingly thoughtful, to the point that you wouldn't expect from a children's movie. Also LEGOs, everyone loves LEGOs.

So yeah. See it. It's a lot of fun and you'll really enjoy it unless you have no heart.

9/10

Rusty Sticks said:
oh boy here we go

The LEGO Movie
All I can say is...wow. I went in expecting a generic kids' "comedy" featuring toilet humor and sexual innuendos for adults. Instead it turned into one of the best movies of the year (yes I know it's just begun). It's colorful, it's fun, and the animation is spectacular. The voice acting is stellar and it's REALLY FREAKING FUNNY. Seriously. There were very few moments where everyone in the theater wasn't laughing. The story also shocked me, as there actually is one; and it makes sense! The story is deep and surprisingly thoughtful, to the point that you wouldn't expect from a children's movie. Also LEGOs, everyone loves LEGOs.

So yeah. See it. It's a lot of fun and you'll really enjoy it unless you have no heart.

9/10

I take it you haven't played the latest lego games, haven't you? they've been doing funny shit since... I don't know... seven? eight years? the voice acting takes away some of the charm, in my opinion... a great deal of LEGO comedy was the gestures and pulling off of limbs. Physical, mute comedy.

professorlight said:
I take it you haven't played the latest lego games, haven't you? they've been doing funny shit since... I don't know... seven? eight years? the voice acting takes away some of the charm, in my opinion... a great deal of LEGO comedy was the gestures and pulling off of limbs. Physical, mute comedy.

The games are more chuckle worthy than the "oh my god I'm going to pass out from laughing so much" type of funny this movie is.

Re: RE: Your Best Films of the Year?

Rusty Sticks said:
professorlight said:

The games are more chuckle worthy than the "oh my god I'm going to pass out from laughing so much" type of funny this movie is.

They made Lego Movie?? Wow.

I'll search when they will play it in my country. My brother is lego game's fanboy since his first VG. He will be excited about this.

Back