Yanmega.... how to counter?

What deck are you trying to have a tech for Yanmega in? You don't really need a tech in most of tier 1, as they already run some sort of way to OHKO it

Yeah, if your talking about teching some random rogue against it then fine, but its not really that hard to play around

But then you are required to play switch, and it takes the speed out of the deck if you start with it. It will also be the only thing with over 1 retreat so if it is played down then it will be reversed up all game.

I think that Zekrom w/ DCE would fill requirements. It can ko mega easy as long as it has 40 damage on it.

Deoxxy said:
With a fire pokemon...
Fire pokemon when it has electric weakness? :p I slightly smell a troll here or videogame player got lost into wrong section.

This is not a thread about reshiplosion, so i belive that YOU are in the wrong section.

Anyways, how are you going to get the 40 damage on the zekrom?

The only thing that screams out to me is Yanmega itself. If you can get the jump on an opponent's Yanma, you snipe 40 with Linear Attack and then you can knock it out with Sonicboom next turn. Electric attackers are ok with Magnezone being the best, but Zekrom is just so frail that it will end up being revenge KO'ed the next turn anyway.

dmaster out.

Ty W said:
This is not a thread about reshiplosion, so i belive that YOU are in the wrong section.

Anyways, how are you going to get the 40 damage on the zekrom?

He's not talking about TyRam yet. Don't be too quick lol.

One of the main reasons Yanmega Prime is such a good card right now is because there is no clear counter. If you're unfortunate enough to lose the coin flip at the start of the game, then you're facing a T2 Yanmega before you can even think about evolving.
Not to mention a Stage 1 with free retreat, a decent weakness (Zekrom already OHKOs), high HP (110 for a Stage 1 is definitely high), a 40 snipe attack for 0 energy, a solid 70 damage attack for 0 energy... it's going to be difficult to counter.

Yanmega was seen in about half of the top 128 decks at Nationals. There's not going to be a way to counter it, unless you want to fold to most other decks atm (aka playing ZPS).

Agreed. The key to countering it is to just plain win the yanmega fight. If people are going for your support instead of your yanmegas while you're getting rid of yanmas, then you will have a significant advantage in the late game.

Back