• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Yanmega BREAK x Jolteon EX (PCL+ Format)

HitagiCrab

Aspiring Trainer
I know, I know, ANOTHER crappy Yanmega deck. I loved the HGSS Yanmega Prime, so I couldn't help myself.

Pokemon: 15
  • 4 Yanma SS
  • 4 Yanmega SS
  • 3 Yanmega BREAK
  • 2 Jolteon EX
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Energy: 6
  • 3 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Lightning Energy
Supporters/Items/Stadiums: 39
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 1 Judge
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Skyla
  • 1 Delinquent
  • 4 Acro Bike
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Bursting Balloon
  • 3 Revitalizer
  • 1 Town Map
  • 1 Level Ball
  • 4 Forest of Giant Plants
The goal here is obviously to get Yanmega BREAK up as fast as possible to start wrecking your opponent before they get a chance to set up. Regice is here as a supplemental attacker who can shut out EX-based decks and because I needed to play energy in case of Garbodor anyway. Birch is here because I wanted to see how effective it could be in place of Judge or N because unlike Yanmega Prime, this Yanmega doesn't absolutely need Judge to function. It's either 7 or 4, so it seems pretty legit to me but I haven't tested yet. I'm really iffy on 4 VS Seeker post rotation because of the lack of tech Supporters and Battle Compressor, but I figured I'd give it a spin first before cutting one. Revitalizer is a great 2-for-1 that lets me be reckless with my Sycamores/Ultra Balls/Acro Bikes, so I really like it. I was considering throwing in a 1-1-1 line of Vileplume, but I wanted to try this version of the deck first.

Please let me know what you think!

Recent changes:
  • -2 Regice AOR
  • -3 Water Energy
  • -1 Lysandre
  • -2 Evosoda
  • -1 Float Stone
  • -1 Assault Vest
  • +2 Jolteon EX
  • +3 Lightning Energy
  • +4 Bursting Balloon
  • +1 Level Ball
  • -3 Professor Birch's Observations
  • -1 Giovanni's Scheme
  • -1 Max Potion
  • +1 Professor Sycamore
  • +2 N
  • +1 Judge
  • +1 Delinquent

Last edited:
i would think that x4 judge is a must for yanmega break decks as it gives you the 4 cards needs, also x4 shuna as it gives you 5 cards and you should be able to dump one done to 4

Judge is a must-have in this deck. If you are using energy to attack with Yanmega, you are being inefficient. If Garbodor pops up, oh well. Too bad. It's impossible to win every single match so if you would lose one, you lose it. That's just what you have to accept in a Garbodor season.

i would think that x4 judge is a must for yanmega break decks as it gives you the 4 cards needs, also x4 shuna as it gives you 5 cards and you should be able to dump one done to 4
x4 is definitely not a must. It's very easy to have 4 cards without having to use a Supporter.
Yes Judge is great for this deck.
I agree, however I was trying to think outside of the box a bit when coming up with my Supporter lineup.
Judge is a must-have in this deck. If you are using energy to attack with Yanmega, you are being inefficient. If Garbodor pops up, oh well. Too bad. It's impossible to win every single match so if you would lose one, you lose it. That's just what you have to accept in a Garbodor season.
I don't attach to them unless there's absolutely nothing else to attach to. It's still good to have set up in case of a Hex Maniac.

Judge is definitely good in this deck, but I don't consider it a must have. I actually really like Birch because it's either 4 or 7. It's pretty uncommon in the deck to go up to 7 cards and not be able to put 3 of them down.

Also, deck updated!

-2 Regice AOR
-3 Water Energy
+2 Jolteon EX
+3 Lightning Energy
Jolteon over Regice is something I initially thought about, though only after playing against Volcanion a lot did I realize I needed to make the change.
-1 Lysandre
+1 Level Ball
This deck doesn't try to go for big Lysandre plays as far as I can tell in my playtesting. Level Ball will help with the overall goal of the deck more.
-2 Evosoda
-1 Float Stone
-1 Assault Vest
+4 Bursting Balloon
Evosoda worked sometimes, at other times it just felt kind of clunky and in general is not fast enough for me. Float Stone was there to give Regice some mobility while adjusting to my opponent's plays, so it is no longer needed. Assault Vest might make a return later but I'd like to see what people are playing come September. Bursting Balloon was the first Tool I thought of putting in here, but I had to order reverse foils and therefore didn't make it into the first list. It can turn my Yanmega 2HKOs into OHKOs if they are brave enough to set it off. I haven't played with them yet, but I have a feeling I will like them quite a bit.

On the topic of Judge, I've been testing decks using Yanmega as the pair to other strategies, And Hitagicrab is right; you don't need a playset of Judge. Since Yanmega isn't the heavy hitter it needs to be in order to theme a competitive deck around it, a Judge playset weighs down your deck too much. It's a nice-to-have because you can end your turn with it and disrupt your opponent's hand, but not a need-to-have because there are plenty of ways to manage your hand size when you want to attack with Yanmega instead of your primary attacker.

Guaranteeing some more control with Jolteon is a good strategy. Have you tried Glaceon as well?

On the topic of Judge, I've been testing decks using Yanmega as the pair to other strategies, And Hitagicrab is right; you don't need a playset of Judge. Since Yanmega isn't the heavy hitter it needs to be in order to theme a competitive deck around it, a Judge playset weighs down your deck too much. It's a nice-to-have because you can end your turn with it and disrupt your opponent's hand, but not a need-to-have because there are plenty of ways to manage your hand size when you want to attack with Yanmega instead of your primary attacker.

Guaranteeing some more control with Jolteon is a good strategy. Have you tried Glaceon as well?
I have not, however, I've been considering turning the deck into a toolbox with some amount of Rainbow Energy, DCE, and Ninja Boy. I'm not sure what I would play outside of Jolteon and Glaceon though, maybe Jirachi or Magearna.. I've also been thinking about adding Vespiquen and Unknown, so gonna try it out when those come in the mail.

Deck has been updated, changed the supporters around.

-3 Professor Birch's Observations
-1 Giovanni's Scheme
-1 Max Potion

+1 Professor Sycamore
+2 N
+1 Judge
+1 Delinquent

Back