Pokemon Yahoo Article about Pokemon Scandals

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Ray

The Stuff of Legends
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/a-decade-of-pokemon-scandals/a-decade-of-pokemon-scandals/1299469

I dont know if any of you had seen this, but I really dont like how the authors tried to spin it around like Pokemon was getting into all kinds of trouble. If you notice it, all of these Scandals happened as soon as Pokemon was getting really popular and making tons of money....I dont think any of these scandals have come after the GSC generation. Such a bad spin on Pokemon from the media, yet again.

-Black Rayquaza

It was a weird article. I don't even think that a couple of those were scandals. Heck, a few of them were religious. But, yes, they are old, and I don't think that they said anything recent. >.>

Pokemon isn't gambling, and you are guarenteed at least one card of value per pack, noot to mention that any card could be of value, such as a common someone needs to complete their deck.

Bah. It's just more rubbish that some people put on without looking at the other side. I would just ignore it.

Wow. A decade of scandals? Most of those happened before the GSC games. Plus, wouldn't it be the parents fault for letting the 13 month year old place the pokeball over thier face? I mean, it can happen with anything. Why was that only cause it was a pokemon toy?

I wish I could comment on that article. A lot of Yahoo's articles are stupid. And how does some guy ripping off the card game and putting biblical figures on the cards count as a scandal?

And also, the guy with the biblical thing was completely unrelated to pokemon. It was a private action, no assosiation with official pokemonactions, making it completely irelivent. And as for the banning, any of us who play yu-gi-oh, or other games know that getting valuable cards in pokemon is easy compared to the others.

LOL gambling with pokémon cards. Did the people not realise that you can Gamble with anything: money personal possesions etc

Also it's not Pokemon's fault that people have been given Epilepsy problems, it's 4Kids productions. = S

Man the press bites sometimes...

I didn't know about half of these, It is interesting though, Pokemon has kind of been given a raw deal places but hey what are you gonna do?

Just wait until Arcues is formally released, then Pokemon will have a class action from all of the religions :p

Thats just what people are like.

"How very religious of you, belive what I do or ill hurt you".

Dark Marc said:
Also it's not Pokemon's fault that people have been given Epilepsy problems, it's 4Kids productions. = S

Man the press bites sometimes...

Uh, no, it wasn't 4kids fault. :s 4kids ain't in Japan, and that's where all the epileptic seizures were.

It really is a shame to see people trash Pokemon as if they weren't obsessed with it during their childhood.

Sadly though, all of these scandals only inhibit our ability to enjoy the Pokemon franchise. Even though we still manage to enjoy Pokemon, there are still some things that we are missing out on. For example, because of the Uri Gellar/Kadabra controversy, collectors and players of the Trading Card Game have been unable to collect or use a Kadabra card since Skyridge. Look at Mysterious Treasures, they had to find a way to get around Kadabra through one of Abra's moves. If you ask me, somebody should start a petition or something to get Kadabra back.

Does anybody here read GamePolitics.com? I think this sounds like something they'd cover...

I've seen people trying to convince others that pokemon is demonic. Literally, demonic. As in "Pokemon is the spawn of the devil".

There are a couple of web articles floating around somewhere about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back