XY5 'Gaia Volcano' and 'Tidal Storm' Leaking! [12/10]

Theyve done it, you see that image at the top? That includes a groudon spirit link. The power creep just got WAY more real. There is literally almost nothing that can stop a donphan that goes into a primal groudon that has weakness policy on it, then u rush in and retreat with a keldeo and repeat. #VirGen might be gone right after i bought 4 virizion.

I'm starting to think that these ancient trait cards are in the place of normal holos. Some of these ancient trait cards are a star rarity (from the ones I could see) so I'm not sure if it's like that for all. It's possible though. Just waiting on when the full set scans and translations will be up :)

memory shrine, DID SOMEONE SAY FLYGON DECK!
the dream is alive!
OH and more metal support hehehehehehehe

OH NO, hope that fresh water doesn't become popular, it singlehandedly ruins flygon if they play everytime I attack, that 4 free turns after the pain it is to set up if they run 4 of them.

This set gets better and better.

Memory Shrine is just perfect. I was hoping we'd get something like this before Celebi EX rotates. As a stadium, it's even better because it doesn't get shut off by $%@# Garbodor.

Scorching earth: Finally a draw stadium that's not tropical beach! It's limited to fire and fighting decks, but I'll take it!

Wonder and Shield Energy are cool, but are too vulnerable to enhanced hammer (at least Strong Energy gives you the advantage on your turn). Also, I wonder if there's a typo with Shield Energy because a 10 damage buffer seems kinda weak when Strong Energy ADDS 20.

Are repeat ball and dive ball repeats? I remember hearing about these cards before. I like them. More search cards like this please.

EXP SHARE IS BACK!! YES!!!

This set is just what we needed honestly.

I can see a lot of possible decks coming out of all of these and I love it.

So that was what that brown/gold squiggly line was. Well at least I can dig up my EXP Share stash :p

Okay, who's bright idea was it to print Dive Ball when FREAKING SEISMITOAD IS RUNNING AROUND??? Other than that, I'm really loving every card of the set, and especially the new secret rare items. Oh wait, there is that one thing that irked me earlier.... another Trump Card. Why.

Wait... How exactly do Archie's Trump Card and Maxie's Hidden Trick work? I know it's possible you just left out it only working on Basics or something, maybe it puts Evolutions on their base form even (not with that wording, but eh), but... Wow, if you can just pick up anything and plop it directly onto your bench... Holy crap. I know they're situational as hell, but there's a lot of possibilities. Also, if you can just pick anything and put it onto your bench with no requirements, it makes Water and Fighting Megas a little better. Nothing BECAME that, say, M Lucario-EX, so your turn theoretically shouldn't end. And, of course, it works wonders with evolutions, too. I wonder if they truely are this powerful, or if it's just an inaccurate/incomplete translation.

Me too I'm waiting on that because if that's the correct wording witch I doubt empoeon is back and better than ever and dive ball man that was my fav deck and now is back I'm so happy even if it says basics putting pip lumps that were KO bank into my bench yes dive ball empoleon skyla for can boom back in buisness plus just a
Doing five cards to your hand is massive also can I failed the pokemon search and just draw if that's the case every deck can run at least 1

Remember, you need no hand to use Trump Card/Hidden Trick. Which makes it completely and utterly pointless to use it in a deck that can't retrieve anything with it, as, among other things, Shauna, Sycamore/Juniper and Bianca do the same thing or better.

I did say they were powerful, but they're also hard to use. Though if someone can figure out how to reliably use them (I can see getting stuck with, say, another Supporter in hand being quite possible and annoying), they could be pretty nice.

Hmm I'm liking the scans so far. What do you all think of that Electross?

Edit: hopefully it gets an ancient trait version, like Kingdra, Azumarill and the starters do, since there is an Elektrik with AT.

It's interesting, but not good enough to be worth using. Which is the case for every Eelektross card that's been made so far, funnily enough. Dark Explorers' was neat, but its attacks cost too much. Noble Victories' was pretty generic, but if it did a little more damage it could have been viable given Eelektrik. Plasma Blast's is somewhere in the middle. Its first attack doesn't do enough damage, and its second attack costs too much. If this Eelektross was either not a Stage 2 (and thus something other than Eelektross), or had an attack that was worth using, it could be cool. But sadly, it's another Eelektross not worth using. Which is a shame, it's one of my favourite Gen 5 Pokemon.

Looks like my theory of the "half arts" (or whatever) being the holo rare cards got busted xD oh well. This set sure has a lot of fancy-looking cards!

I think they did the "half arts" because the Ancient Traits would otherwise cut too much into the card art, and they would have needed to alter the layout a bit to accommodate this anyway. (Probably otherwise by removing the information bar below the card art and moving the art down a bit.)

Does anyone have an idea how Multi-Strike will work. Do you have to declare the two attacks at the same time or can you attack once and then retreat to someone else?

Do you need the necessary energy for both attacks beforehand.

sainsaw said:
Does anyone have an idea how Multi-Strike will work. Do you have to declare the two attacks at the same time or can you attack once and then retreat to someone else?

Do you need the necessary energy for both attacks beforehand.

it treats it as an attack phase it just happens twice, so yes if you are attacking you obviously can't retreat and you need the energy required for whatever moves you are using. I would assume the effect of 1 attack wouldnt take effect until you have declared both.

As for the new scans I am overjoyed that the half art dont replace rares as showcased by our Glorious Master Bidoof, and furthermore the combinations for interesting play styles are through the roof, this is awesome!

QUICK THOUGHT, if it is indeed true that we have these new half arts that can be any rarity along with the usual random chance at the reverse and rares, than the reason they may be doing this other than to look cool may be to make it really hard to weigh packs and "cheat the system" considering that extra weight that would usually indicate a rare card could just be some chump common with a half art, or even multiple of them. speculation of course.

Love the FAs and half-art cards. The regular EX artwork seems to be kind of meh for most Pokémon, but oh well, the other cards make up for. I hope pull rates have also increased a bit, otherwise it'll be hard to collect all of those URs/SRs, but I'll try my best, at least for the ones I really like. :p

Ugh. Why, Pokemon? I am so, so sick of bad Medicham cards getting high rarity. Medicham has never had a particularly good card, most of them are terrible, and yet this is the FIFTH time that we'll get a Rare Medicham outside Japan. Not a single one has deserved it. This one is particularly bad, too, and it's only the second holo one. (Why does it have 2 retreat...) Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Medicham (I'm pretty indifferent to it), I'm just wondering why it consistently gets high-rarity, but bad, cards.

These latest cards are pretty forgettable. I don't have high hopes for anything else that might show up. I will say Nosepass and Shroomish have good art, though.

So much awesome artwork in this new set. Best set we've had in a long time.

That FA Aggron EX... I must have it!

Back