XY5 'Gaia Volcano' and 'Tidal Storm' Leaking! [12/10]

"The card probably sucks anyway. :p"
waiting to see if it makes you eat those words and we'll have an actual playable Bibarel

Not gonna lie, with all these coin flip cards there's probably gonna be a lot of ridiculous trick coin/victini decks going around.

Yuka Morii is back <333
Also, I will admit I thought the Archie/Maxie cards were broken and then I saw the clause and I was like
"ok"

Special Fairy is Slurpuff in Energy form too, thank god that's happened.

Do we have any notable card design like the ectoplasm in PhF or the confetti in FuF?

@WPM The Tangela scan actually has the image of Weedle.

bbninjas said:
Do we have any notable card design like the ectoplasm in PhF or the confetti in FuF?

@WPM The Tangela scan actually has the image of Weedle.

Hard refresh the page to load the right images.

RiverShock said:
SotS said:
THE NUMBER OF OOHS AND AHS OVER DAT ART
THEY'RE UNCOUNTABLE

Am I wrong in seeing a good 40% of this set('s fully evolved/EX's/Rares) as playable? I mean I haven't played in years, but unless things have completely changed I'm seeing so many good cards. Basics and Stage 1 are still kind of a stepping stone that won't see play, but so many Stage 2's and basically all of the EX's look like you could do something with them. Out of all of them, Gardevoir EX looks mad fun.

I see Primal Groudon (barely), Acro Bike, Teammates, Shield Energy (barely), Ancient Trait Swampert, Ancient Trait Kingdra (barely), Dive Ball, Repeat Ball (maybe), Birch's Observation (kind of), and most of the Stadiums as the only cards likely to be even somewhat competitively viable. A few others, like Ancient Trait Sceptile, M/Gardevoir EX, M/Aggron EX, Archie's Trump Card, Maxie's Hidden Trick, Primal Kyogre, Wonder Energy, Bouffalant, and Fresh Water Set, might make for fun, and not totally bad, side decks, but I don't see them doing a whole lot.

Most of the EX's are actually pretty bad in my opinion. Mega Gardevoir is a lot like Mega Gengar. It seems really good on paper, but is likely a bit too limited in what it can do. The Primals are OK, but nothing special, which is bad for a Mega. Groudon kind of gets away with it due to its Ancient Trait and the ability to one-shot things, but Kyogre's inability to one-shot EX's (admittedly, it somewhat makes up for this with the bench-hitting, but still), combined with other good water attackers like Keldeo EX and the new Swampert existing, makes it hard to see it being viable. But people will try. Sharpedo would be worth considering if Yveltal-EX and Darkrai-EX didn't exist, but they do, and are much better attackers. The energy denial isn't that useful since you need to keep attaching to do so, and it's not optional. Wailord, Trevenant, Camerupt, and, while fun, Mega Aggron, have no real value to any serious deck.

I actually think Wailord EX/Donphan will be very viable. And Trevenant EX will be a better counter to Donphan in VirGen, because with Genesect EX, although it snipes, needs Deoxys EX and Muscle Band. And the retreat lock is meh in general.

Azumarill is so disappointing. Ever since the release of Collection X/Y, pretty much every one I knew couldn't wait to see what a Fairy Type Azumarill card would play like. Then, 4 sets later, we finally get an Azumarill card, and...

...it's pretty awful.

The Ancient Trait is helpful for it, but the attacks are so bad that it becomes pointless.

bbninjas said:
Do Azumarill have a history of being somewhat viable?

Point taken. :(

To be fair, the one from Sandstorm is at least 'okay'. A good pair with Swampert from RubySapphire, if you will.

HA559 said:
Bibarel has Bunnelby scan on the main page instead of the actual Bibarel card.

You need to hard refresh (refresh multiple times in a row, really quick (like clickclickclick))

GadgetJax said:
Azumarill is so disappointing. Ever since the release of Collection X/Y, pretty much every one I knew couldn't wait to see what a Fairy Type Azumarill card would play like. Then, 4 sets later, we finally get an Azumarill card, and...

...it's pretty awful.

The Ancient Trait is helpful for it, but the attacks are so bad that it becomes pointless.

I actually think the trait is pretty useless on such a low HP Pokemon. It might help in some situations, but once they get a halfway decent attack going, it's gone. The only one I could see it helping against would be Seismatoad... which would shut down any items that could heal it...

It just doesn't work for me, but thanks anyway everyone. I'll just look for the card somewhere else in the meantime.

This is very minor, but it seems like a missed opportunity to not include Lunatone in the Tidal Storm set. Solrock is in the Gaia Volcano set, and the sun gives life to the earth, whereas the moon controls the rise and fall of the tides. They could have made it a Psychic type since there aren't any Fighting cards in Tidal Storm.

Back