• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: UnBeelievable (Vespiquen / Eeveelutions)

Draaka

Aspiring Trainer
Having read the Bandit ring set review I thought I would start with an entertaining deck that is outlined in the article. The Vespiquen + Eeveelutions.

(All bandit ring cards mentioned in this topic can be found here if you are unsure as to what they do: http://www.pokebeach.com/2015/07/bandit-ring-draft)

Pokemon (24):
  • 4-4 Vespiquen BR
  • 4 Eevee FF (Energy Evolution)
  • 2 Flareon BR
  • 2 Jolteon BR
  • 2 Shaymin RS
  • 2 Aegislash EX PF
  • 4 Unknown BR
Trainers (24):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Shauna
  • 1 Ace Trainer
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 4 Giant Plant Forest
  • 2 Professor's Letter
Energy (12):
  • 4 Double Colourless Energy
  • 4 Fire Energy
  • 4 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

So basically you throw a ton of pokemon away with battle compressor and attack with vespiquen just like with a flareon or night march deck. The next strategy is to use Jolteon to remove vespiquen's weakness in conjunction with flash energy if you get stuck against a fire deck, and you can use all three of the eeveelutions to get vespiquen to hit for weakness against quite a few common decks Grass will be popular soon so flareon is useful, Jolteon makes Rayquazza decks a walk in the park. And Vaporeon is maybe the least useful as there isn't much fire in the meta at all now a days and that is unlikely to change with BR. You could drop the vaporeon I suppose for a flareon and loose the water energy for a second Lightning. Professors letter makes it very easy to get out the correct Eeveelution. The unknown are basically the perfect pokemon for Vespiquen, essentially they mean you have four less cards in your deck allowing you to get your other stuff out quicker. Except after that they sit there giving you a bonus, and you can if you want in a tough situation use them to turn a useless revive into a top deck opportunity.

Anyway let me know what you think, I beelieve this could become quite a competitive deck. Maybe the Eeveelutions are a bit gimmicky, but that is something we can discuss.

Combee – Grass – HP40
Basic Pokemon

[G] Bug Bite: 10 damage.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Vespiquen – Grass – HP90
Stage 1 Pokemon – Evolves from Combee

[C] Information Control: 10 damage. You may draw cards from your deck until there are 6 cards in your hand.

[C][C] Bee Revenge: 20+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each Pokemon card in your Discard Pile.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: 0

Flareon – Fire – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

Ability: Flare Effect
As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Stage 1 Pokemon are [R] as well as their original type.

[R][C][C] Heat Breath: 60+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)

Vaporeon – Water – HP90

Ability: Aqua Effect
As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Stage 1 Pokemon are [W] as well as their original type.

[W][C][C] Hydro Splash: 70 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Retreat: 2

Jolteon – Lightning – HP90

Ability: Electric Effect
As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Stage 1 Pokemon are [L] as well as their original type.

[L][C][C] Thunder Blast: 80 damage. Discard 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Metal (-20)
Retreat: 0

Unown – Psychic – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Last Will
Once during your turn, if this Pokemon is on your Bench, you may discard this Pokemon and all cards attached to it. (This doesn’t count as a Knocked Out Pokemon.) Then, draw a card.

[C] Hidden Power: 10 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)

Flash Energy – Special Energy

This card can only be attached to a [L] Pokemon. If this card is attached to anything other than a [L] Pokemon, discard it. While in play, this card provides 1 [L] Energy.

The [L] Pokemon this Energy is attached to has no Weakness.

Last edited:
I don't think you really need to care about vespiquen's weakness as it HP is very low already and I don't think it will have much of an impact. I would however put in 1 additional copy of the eeveelutions in case of them being prized. Also possibly adding prof letter so you can get the energy for eeveelutions quicker.

I would drop four of the basic energy and add four Level Balls. They can search out all types of eeveelutions plus Vespiquen.

- 2 Fire Energy
- 2 Lightning Energy
- 2 Water energy
Why would you even need them? It's not like you're going to ever attack with Eeveelutions, or anything.
- 1 Proffessor's letter
Since we're dropping the basic energy anyway.
- 3 Flash Energy
Trust me, weakness isn't going to be your greatest concern with this deck, since Vespiquen is so frail anyway.

+1 Flaeron
+1 Vaporeon
+1 Jolteon
Since you're going to need more than one each.
+1 Ace trainer
+2 Birch
You need more draw support than this.
+2 Feebas
+2 Milotic
To retrieve discarded DCE's, I found them being really useful in Fleareon kind of decks.

@Serpens The reason for the different Energy cards is to take advantage of Eevee's "Energy Evolution" Ability, which lets you search your deck for an Eeveelution of the same type as the Energy you just put on Eevee to evolve it immediately (even first-turn). It's actually pretty important to make sure you have the right one out in a hurry, so those Energy cards need to stay, as does Professor's Letter (especially considering we've got a limited number of Level Balls).

@Draaka Vaporeon's not really useful in the current meta, so dropping Water Energy and Vaporeon in favor of an additional Professor's Letter and a couple of tech cards is advisable. The people who have advised you to drop Flash Energy are also right for the time being, seeing as Fire is practically nonexistent in the meta right now (Camerupt decks are rare, and I haven't really seen a lot of Blaziken-EX around yet for some reason). I'd advise replacing them with standard Energy or Acro Bike cards (leaning toward the Acro Bike, since that gives you a little extra draw power and could potentially power up Bee Revenge some more by discarding a mon).

Hey guys thanks for all the advice, I suppose I hadn't really thought that weakness wouldn't be a issue as Vespiquen's HP is so low, annoyingly in my local meta there are two players who play charizard EX decks on a regular basis, and I do run a mean camerupt, but I guess those decks will probably phase out when the new meta hits. If not I can always put vaporeon back in. I guess it will depend on how many grass decks spring up in my local meta. I know quite a few people are planning them.

I hadn't considered how many ways you can shut down Unknown, but that is a good point.

I already have four level balls in the deck, so I can't put any more in dude.

To be honest I think trying to tech in mitotic will just make the deck even more clunky, if I was gonna try anything like that it would most likely be an arches ace, and a swampert. But I don't think that is appropriate here tbh.

I've updated the list to show the changes I agree with. Only problem now I see is maybe their aren't enough pokemon in the deck to be discarded to get those really big OHKO on EX pokemon. I will see how my local meta goes and the Unknown might end up making a come back depending on prevalence of ability shut down cards.

Last edited:
No Unown? I thought it would be good in this deck. If i was you, I would play -2 Lightning Energy, -2 Fire Energy and +4 Unown BR. It only gives you 1 card, but it also doesnt gives the opponent a prize and raise your damage. Also, it can be use with revive if needed. It seems a good ideia to me....

So you're planning on having what? 2 Vespiquen in play, probably Shaymin, possibly Aegislash, and an Eeveelution. That's 7 pokemon not in the duscard in a typical game. That means you're at most discarding 12 Pokemon (assuming non are prized) that means your damage cap is 160 with Muscle Band. You're so incredibly reliant on hitting for weakness that if the opponent can knock out the eeveelution your deck crumbles. Or even if you're just not hitting for weakness VS Fairy decks or Fighting decks.

You need to be able to discard 16 Pokemon and still be running IMO. Otherwise you're just not hitting numbers

Thanks Strictnein, I did think that it was likely to be a problem. Maybe a giratina Ex or second aegislash. And I will probably put the unknown back in.

Caique I did have them in originally but people made me second guess them, I might put them back in, I'm not sure.

Back