• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On Miltank / Crobat

festizzio

Desu
This is XY-ON

Pokemon : 17

• 4 Zubat
  • 4 Golbat
  • 3 Crobat
  • 4 Miltank FUF
  • 2 Shaymin EX
Items/Supporters/Stadiums : 37
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 Shauna
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Pokemon Fan Club
  • 1 AZ
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Rare Candy
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 3 Repeat Ball
  • 4 Ultra Ball
Energy : 6
  • 1 Water Energy
  • 1 Lightning Energy
  • 1 Dark Energy
  • 1 Fire Energy
  • 1 Grass Energy
  • 1 Metal Energy
Strategy:

Strategy is to get out Crobat and start hitting with Miltank for 80-100 for one energy. I typically rare candy the first Crobat, then evolve the rest into Golbat -> Crobat. I like this route a bit better than Greninja since I can run less energy, and less pure late game cards like Energy Retrieval. I also would have trouble getting energy consistently without Superior Energy Retrieval, and this mitigates that. Under item lock, you can still get some damage by going to Golbat first. Free retreat also helps if I only have up one Miltank and need to search another after being KO'd. 6 different energy because why not?

If anyone has any clever ideas for a name, I'm all ears. :)

Issues I've found so far: if they knockout all my Miltanks, I sometimes have trouble getting them back. Are there any supporters that can get Pokemon back, or anything other than an item that wouldn't be too clunky? So no Milotic, etc. Maybe Bunnelby? Also, I was thinking of running fighting energy as my main energy and using something like Hawlucha or Lucario-EX as a tech against Manetric. Fighting decks I'm not too worried about, since Crobat can do some good damage there.

Last edited:
RE: Skim Milk (Greninja XY / Kingdra PF / Miltank FF)

The main thing you have to worry about is clunkiness. While Kingdra can do some impressive damage late game, your Rare Candies will be taxed on bringing out as many Greninja as possible to get the most use of Water Shuriken.

Trading the Kingdra line for Superior Energy Retrievals would let you spam Shurikens. Combined with Miltank, this would let you do impressive damage without needing to bring out a different Stage 2 to keep the energy flowing. Exeggcute makes the discard much easier to bear.

Keeping the Kingdras as well means to reuse your energy after using Greninja a few times and a few Miltanks being KO'd, you need to quickly bring out another Stage 2 (Kingdra) in quick succession. Without Tropical Beach and Level Ball in format, it would be painful for you to set both up. Fan Club hasn't really seen much testing so whether it taking up the Supporter for the turn is worth it or not remains to be seen, but it's likely your best call regardless.

But, above all, having so many Juniper in here is tough. Stage 2 decks generally have too many cards that they can't afford to discard. You could cut it down to 2 or less, and get a few N here in it's place.

If you're planning to use this competitively, I suggest you test it with proxies if you haven't got the cards together yet. That way, you can see if the deck sets up quickly enough as it stands before you make any final decisions.

You picked a good deck, though. Miltank indeed does have lots of potential going into the future.

Thanks so much for your detailed advice! I'm glad to hear the deck I picked is at least viable, I'd hate to think it's not worth it. I completely agree with what you're saying about Kingdra, it makes a lot of sense. I knew about energy retrievals, but it never clicked to use them in here like that. As for N, isn't he rotating soon? I do think you're right about Juniper however, but I'm not sure what to replace it with since I think N is gone. If not, then that is definitely a good idea. For now I will put him in there as a placeholder, although I'm also thinking Shauna is a decent replacement.

I've edited the main post to reflect some of these changes, and I'm definitely going to proxy the deck. :) Thanks again!

N is not rotating, he's reprinted as promo BW100. :)

The first thing I can think of is that the Pokemon Fan Club count seems awfully high. I can't imagine you using more than one, maybe two per game. Remember that you will draw into a couple Pokemon you need every now and then. I would also cut down on Colress somewhat. Sure, once you set up, it'll be great, but you will be drawing into it way too often during the start of the game, when you may need another supporter. You would also benefit from some Skylas (Mainly to find a Rare Candy early game), but I'm not sure what to cut for that...

Since Garbodor is going to give this deck some trouble (Not too much, but you will potentially be losing up to 120 damage per turn), you might want to add a Startling Megaphone.

I would also consider adding some Silver Bangles. With a Muscle Band attached, Miltank will hit for 100 damage. Add two Water Shurikens to that, and you hit 160, 10 short of a knockout on all those 170 HP EXes. I notice you're running a couple Hypnotoxic Lasers, which would take care of that, but I would've personally preferred to consistently hit for 170, and add the 10 damage with Lasers if you need to hit for 180, instead. I do not think you will have too much trouble with stage 2 decks that run Training Center to reach 170 HP, either.

Thanks for the input simsands! I was only looking at PB's front page and didn't see a spot for the promos, but that's very good to know. :) Also good to know that I can add another full art to my deck. :p

I guess I'm used to the days of Pokemon Collector where you would run 3-4 for maximum consistency. Should I be running both Muscle Band and Silver Bangles? Or just Silver Bangles? I will definitely add a Startling Megaphone and some Skylas, they were some cards that I wanted to add originally but couldn't really find room for. I think removing some of the Pokemon Fan Club will allow for that room.

I'll update the post a little later, but thanks so much for the advice! :) I'm also thinking I should add some Mountain Rings from the upcoming set to protect my benched Greninjas, but not entirely sure how popular spread is.

Edit: Updated!

The list is much, much better now. The only thing I would think you could potentially add is Bicycles for additional draw support, but it may not be needed. Not much space to work with at this point anyways. :p

As for the Silver Bangle question, you may as well just run Bangles as Miltank generally will just run over any non-EX in format.

As for Mountain Ring, it's hard to say as Plasma Kyurem, the main culprit of spread is terrible against Pyroar which is another big player next format, so it may potentially see less play. Flygon/Dusknoir is another but without Level Ball and Beach it may be too inconsistent to bring both Stage 2's on board, so the deck could be a write-off.

The only other significant spreader is Landorus-EX, who Miltank would struggle with but Greninja would deal with quite well, a OHKO actually with a Bangle and just one prior Shuriken.

I also thought that Greninja would be a good counter against Landorus-EX, until I played against it and realized that Greninja's attack ignores weakness xD

I feel that there's not too much that could be used to counter those fighting decks that will be swarming the new rotation in this deck. Your best bet is keeping a steady line of Miltanks ready to continuously knock them out.

I would use kyurem ex with outrage. If landorus EX atacks it then it will be able to do alot of damage back.

Awesome list and I love the title :)
I wouldn't get rid of those 2 Pokemon fan club; if you draw it early on it's too good at setting up your bench to not have in the deck, and if you set up already and draw into it later in the game, it's an easy discard for superior energy retrieval or ultra ball.

While fighting decks are going to be huge with furious fists I wouldn't avoid playing a deck you like because of them. They will still require a very precise set-up to run at maximum efficiency (strong energy/training center/muscle band/fighting stadium) :)

Don't get me wrong, they'll be a force to be reckoned with and there are already good lists up here for fighting decks, but you've got a consistent deck here hitting hard for cheap energy cost.

-2 Pokemon Fan Club
-1 Superior Energy Retrieval/Sacred Ash/Professor's Letters

+3 Juniper

You need draw. Every deck should play Juniper. I think every deck should play four Juniper, but I try to leave room for preference.

Thanks so much for all your advice everyone! :)

@Perfect_Shot: I think you're right, I will definitely use Silver Bangle over Muscle Band now. For Landorus EX, I also thought Greninja would be a great counter, until as simsands pointed out, his attack doesn't factor in weakness. :(

@simsands: Hmm, for the fighting decks, I was hoping that Legendary Treasures would be legal for the next format so I could splash 1-2 Mew EX. Is that right?

@Ironman131: I think Kyurem might be too slow, I think I would rather use something like Suicune (with Safeguard). It's slow to set-up, but invulnerable against Lando-EX.

@Ocho: Thanks! :D The deck name is my favorite part of the deck. :p I was also thinking the Fan Clubs could just be discard fodder later on, but I'm not sure now, seems like there's a lot of conflicting opinions. I think this is something I'll have to test in my local area to see what works best. I still think Mew-EX would be a viable option (but I'm not sure how the Legendary Treasures full arts work, are they still legal or what? o_O).

Edit: @Mora: Just saw your post, initially I had Juniper in the deck but it seems like there's not a big consensus here about using her in stage-2 decks. I will try 2 for now, since I don't think that's too much. Thanks for your advice! :)

No problem! I think 2 Juniper, 2 Fan Club, and 2 Shauna play very nicely together. Fan club is great when you need it and easy to discard for ultra ball or retrieval. Juniper is a great card but there will be situations where you don't want to/can't play it. I've never worried about a Fan Club being in my hand though, you either play it or you'll know you don't need to and it's the easiest discard ever haha :)

Kyurem Ex with outrage is a solid attacker in my opinion and for only 2 energy. I have it in my miltank greninja deck and it has won many games for me. I personally dont think mew ex would be a good addition. And suicune would be good but it takes longer to set up than kyurem ex. If garbador comes out then you will have a tough time discardin the tool because you only play 1 megaphone.

Nice, yeah it's great to have stuff you don't mind discarding late game! :) What do you think about Suicune from Plasma Blast to counter Landorus EX? With a Bangle, his attack OHKOs Lando, but it takes a while to set-up.

I like suicune but it does take a while to power up. Personally i think Kyurem EX is a good counter to landorus ex but you could also use greninja EX has the potential to do 100 damage for one energy and a muscle band.

Thanks for the advice! I like the idea of Greninja EX, I think I'm going to add one of him for now and see how he works against Lando. If I get him out with a Bangle, that's 120 + 30 from a shuriken, then next turn another shuriken and I KO Landorus with only one attack. I actually don't think that'll be too difficult to do.

Edit: Just realized Silver Bangle doesn't work on EXs, duh lol. Anyway it's still a solid idea I think.

You wouldnt be able to get the damage boost from the silver bangle, they dont work when attached to a pokemon EX.

Yeah I noticed right after I posted it lol. Maybe Muscle Band would help? That would let me 2HKO him. I can't think of any other easily splashable water-type Pokemon that attack for 1 energy.

festizzio said:
Edit: @Mora: Just saw your post, initially I had Juniper in the deck but it seems like there's not a big consensus here about using her in stage-2 decks. I will try 2 for now, since I don't think that's too much. Thanks for your advice! :)

I think playing a Stage 2 deck makes running Professor Juniper that much more important. Stage 2's are more difficult to set up, especially in a format with all of these big Basics. I personally think the argument against it (being afraid to discard resources) is rather silly. I've heard people say that they are afraid that they will be forced to discard their Stage 2's and Rare Candies with Juniper and then won't be able to get them back. However, you should already be running Sacred Ash, and most people tend to play one to two of the Stage 1's and maybe Dowsing Machine over Computer Search in case they do loose a Rare Candy, so very rarely is it actually a problem. Basically the speed that Juniper lends outweighs the risk of having to ditch your Stage 2's or other resources. Only once have I ever had a hand where I was forced to ditch a majority of my Stage 2's. Interestingly, that's the same number of times I've prized all 4 Catchers: only once.

I recommend you try it out without any Juniper and then with 4 Juniper. You'll see what I mean about the speed thing. And maybe the resource thing as well. As always, I hope this has been helpful!

Back