• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: Giratina EX / Hydreigon EX / Vileplume

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Retreat Cost reduction is not "stackable"; so only a total of CC Retreat Cost reduction could be applied regardless of the number of Hydreigon EXs were on your bench.

You sure about that? Anyone tested that one PTCGO? I'll make a post about it in the ask forum.

I believe Retreat Cost reduction is not "stackable"; so only a total of CC Retreat Cost reduction could be applied regardless of the number of Hydreigon EXs were on your bench.
I asked in the professor forum and the retreat bonus does stack.

Although this deck looks good now, it will fall short not dealing enough damage.

Aegislash in steel deck will cause you problems with your low basic energy count. Skyla will be in the future format, and could be a good card to add. You could run Silent Lab to give you another card to beat Aegislash. IMO Aegislash will be a popular pokemon in many decks as a shield stall, as it runs on any energy.

Most players will use a Hex Manic will be a staple until everyone understands the implications of vileplume. One turn is all it take many times with items and you are setup. I differ in opinion against Groudon I think the deck I use will tear you up with Wobbuffet. You need two hits to kill it and while I keep in in the active position I play all the items I want. I run two E Hammers and a Head Ringer and Xerosic that come out easy since I won't be evolving and Two energies and I get a flip. This will delay 2-4 turns, plenty of time for me to switch out and OHKO Giratina with 2 / 1 Strong Muscle Band with Massive Rend. Your only hope is lysandre a Groudon up early or taking away it with xerosic. At that point I can evolve and force a 3rd hit to kill and maybe I AZ it up. But you need 6 prizes and eventually I'll have Wobbuffet and deprive 3-5 energies, and possibility create a situation you can't even power up Giratina. Once, I am powered up I can replace 1 energy each turn. If I run short baby landy can help recycle energy as you need two hits.

Lysandre, could even stall your deck, as you have no viable way to retreat other than AZ. that could cost 1 energy in the process. that is another two turn at a min to power up Giratina. If you run Hydro it is a two prize card bait. so Unknown is a better option.

The weakness in your deck is the lack of retreat, low basic energy count and speed of setup as a potential of 3 - 4 turns to power up Giratina and a weak draw power and no recycling of supporters, as you rely on no items. I would add items in your deck with you running AZ. You can scoop up a vileplume, play items and then play down vileplume.

I like Groudon to become more popular with its versatility against all decks .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back