• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Xerneas BREAK/Tina Life Meets the Underworld

chacks13

Aspiring Trainer
Hello Pokebeach. This is a deck based on several gathered information and strategies. It has given me a good Win-Lose ratio, but as anything in life it still can get better.
So any help will be of great support both for the remaining days of format and the upcoming rotation.

Pokemon - (12)

Xerneas (Geomancy) - 4

Xerneas BREAK - 3

Giratina EX - 2

Shaymin EX - 2

Jirachi (Stardust) - 1

Supporters - (10)

Lysandre - 2

Hex Maniac - 1

Ninja Boy - 1

N - 3

Professor Sycamore - 3

Items - (20)

Vs Seeker - 4

Max Elixir - 4

Exp. Share - 3

Super Rod - 1

Special Energy Retrieval - 1

Escape Rope - 1

Stadium - (3)

Fairy Garden - 3

Energy - (15)

Fariy Energy - 11

Double Dragon Energy - 4

- 1 N
+ 1 Professor Sycamore
- 1 Fairy Enery (Just so you can have 2 Startling Megaphone)
- 1 Hex Maniac
+ 2 Startling Megaphone (Better counter to Garbodor)
(Do you mean Superior Energy Retrieval not Special Energy Retrieval?)
Having 4 Sycamore would be discarding a lot of resources wouldnt it?
Why hex? It has proven to save from Alakazam, Yanmega, Ampharos, some cases of trevenant and vileplume
Megaphone is rotating why add it? Garbodor is not much of a threat unless it is a mega deck

- 1 double dragon energy
- 1 escape rope
- 1 energy retrieval

+ 1 Pokemon Ranger
+ 1 Special Charge
+ 1 Professor Sycamore

Do you think you could find space for Trainers' Mail?

Having 4 Sycamore would be discarding a lot of resources wouldnt it?
Why hex? It has proven to save from Alakazam, Yanmega, Ampharos, some cases of trevenant and vileplume
Megaphone is rotating why add it? Garbodor is not much of a threat unless it is a mega deck

If you only run 3 Sycamore then I would probably add Trainers' Mail for consistent draw support

- 1 double dragon energy
- 1 escape rope
- 1 energy retrieval

+ 1 Pokemon Ranger
+ 1 Special Charge
+ 1 Professor Sycamore

Do you think you could find space for Trainers' Mail?
Dragon energy are essential to hit fast high numbers why take it away?
Escape rope i can take it away but why?
i do not run energy retrieval i run the special charge
why pokemon ranger?

I would say that maybe finding room for another giratina would be good, as having one prized in the mega mewtwo or mega rayquaza matchup could lead to a very dissatisfying loss. Also nice call with the EXP. Shares, I forgot that card existed

Hi chacks13,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Fairy energy (A total of 14 is sufficient)
- 1 Special Charge (You have a sufficient supply already)
- 1 Jirachi (Became less efficient with Pokémon Ranger around)

+ 1 Klefki (Another Basic Pokémon or a tool attachable to Xerneas Break)
+ 2 Repeat Ball (Helps to fill the bench faster with Xerneas)

Hi chacks13,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Fairy energy (A total of 14 is sufficient)
- 1 Special Charge (You have a sufficient supply already)
- 1 Jirachi (Became less efficient with Pokémon Ranger around)

+ 1 Klefki (Another Basic Pokémon or a tool attachable to Xerneas Break)
+ 2 Repeat Ball (Helps to fill the bench faster with Xerneas)
Im ok with taking out 1 fairy
special charge why? how can i return any discarded DDE if I sycamore first turn with no Giratinas
Jirachi im 50/50, with no special energy remover in the upcoming format i think jirachi can help stall the game and probably the oponnent will have 1 ranger or 1 special charge, which will make a hard game to him
klefki only works for 1 turn, it would be ocassional wouldnt it? Giratina has the same effect just that it can be countered with a hex. How strong do you support klefki?
Repeat ball, it seems like a nice idea but i would be having too many ultras and repeats

Dragon energy are essential to hit fast high numbers why take it away?
Escape rope i can take it away but why?
i do not run energy retrieval i run the special charge
why pokemon ranger?

- DDE clunks up your hand if you don't have Giratina Ex down and can't be searched with Max Elixier
- You run Fairy Garden so no need for switching cards
- Sorry, it say 'Special Energy Retrieval'
- Could for locks like Jolt/Glaceon, Seismatoad Ex, Giratina Ex

Im ok with taking out 1 fairy
special charge why? how can i return any discarded DDE if I sycamore first turn with no Giratinas
Jirachi im 50/50, with no special energy remover in the upcoming format i think jirachi can help stall the game and probably the oponnent will have 1 ranger or 1 special charge, which will make a hard game to him
klefki only works for 1 turn, it would be ocassional wouldnt it? Giratina has the same effect just that it can be countered with a hex. How strong do you support klefki?
Repeat ball, it seems like a nice idea but i would be having too many ultras and repeats

Klefki can be used on Xerneas BREAK which enables the deck to steam roll some Mega decks that can be decent in the new format. Not entire sure on Giratina Ex. it is nice in an environment with little to no fairies but I assumed that Xerneas BREAK and Rainbow Force Xerneas will be more common that Mega Rayquaza and Mega Mewtwo. If so Giratina becomes a lot worse can could be replaced with either Xerneas Ex or Sylveon Ex.

I do not think that you need to retrieve Double Dragon but you want to have two benched Basic Pokémon turn one to use Geomancy. Repeat Ball helps to achieve this aim. I would even go as far as running twelve basic Fairy Energy and either two Double Dragon Energy or Double Colorless Energy in case you replace Girantia Ex with either Xerneas Ex or Sylveon Ex. That would also be a nice twist if either Xerneas Dragon variants or Darkrai Dragon variants are common in your local metagame.

If you can spawn a suffcient amount of energies on the battlefield and maintain it there with Exp share there should be no need to remove special energies. In addition you could still run Enhanced Hammer to do so if you feel the need to discard energies. It was reprinted as an ultra rare in Primal Clash. However, there was never a need to discard special energies in my variant of Xerneas BREAK.

i actually like it how it is atm, for the most part. my only change would be droping 1 exp share for a latios ex, as its an extra basic that can be used with DDE and can possibly get a turn 1 KO if your going first

i actually like it how it is atm, for the most part. my only change would be droping 1 exp share for a latios ex, as its an extra basic that can be used with DDE and can possibly get a turn 1 KO if your going first
This appears to be a deck built for after the rotation, which means we can't assume Latios-EX can get any first-turn KOs because there's currently nothing with 40 HP or less that's good enough to be playable once Night March and Battle Compressor leave Standard. Its second attack isn't really worth much, since those DDEs would be better spent on Giratina-EX to set up a lock, so there's not really a reason to use Latios-EX post-rotation.

Back