• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

X-taria (Haxorus/Altaria)

4te

Aspiring Trainer
2 Emolga (Dragon Blade/Blast)
3-3 Altaria
4-2-4 Haxorus (Dragon Selection)

2 Super rod
4 Catcher
3 Ultraball
3 Rare Candy
1 Sky Arrow Bridge
2 EXP Share
3 Pokemon Comunication
2 Tool Scrapper
2 N
3 Juniper
2 Cheren

4 fighting
2 metal
3 Double Colorless
4 Blend Energy {W}{L}{F}{M}

18 Pokemon
26 trainer/supporters
13 energies

2 cards pending

This deck was purposly made to be the Garchomp/Altaria alternante using Haxorus instead. If you any ideas to improve this without removing Haxorus, fire away.

16-haxorus.jpg

Haxorus – Dragon – HP140
Stage 2 – Evolves from Fraxure

[C][C] Axe Wallop: 60+ damage. If the Defending Pokemon is Colorless, this attack does 60 more damage.
[F][M][C][C] Dragon Pulse: 100 damage. Discard the top card from your deck.

Weakness: Dragon (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

I like the idea. Friggin' DCE mows down Tornadus EX, and since you already run fighting, it's great in fighting decks, I think definitely give this a shot, and I can see it working well. You also have another attacking option that is also sort of anti-meta, dragon counters dragons.

Go 9 Fighting 4 Metal. It'll do wonders with some fighting Pokemon in there.

Wooper said:
i'd say max on candies. and mayb throw in one raquaza ex for good measure

I don't see how rayquaza EX could work here if it needs fire energies. Maybe the normal rayquaza and use the first attack.

Milky said:
Go 9 Fighting 4 Metal. It'll do wonders with some fighting Pokemon in there.

Then he will use 21 energies and that is a lot. 4 fighting 2 metal for using just 12.

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
I don't see how rayquaza EX could work here if it needs fire energies. Maybe the normal rayquaza and use the first attack.

Then he will use 17 energies and that is a lot. 4 fighting 2 metal for using just 12.

Did you go to school? 9+4=13. 13 Energy. Dunno how you got the extra four.

I would maybe bump up the dce to 3 becuz it will help a lot in powering up your haxorus getting the t3 100 attack or the t2 600 atack if you just attatch the dce

i meant to include that the extra energy space would be devoted to like 6 fire energy so you could attach one blend for the electric cost and then just camp fire energies

Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto said:
9+4+2+4 is 21
You forgot the blend and the dce.

You misunderstood my statement. When I said go 9-4, I meant it as an energy line in itself. I didn't say add 9+4 or anything.

And wow. 9+4+2+4=19.

People, lo and behold the original quote:

(Yesterday 11:30 PM)Sinnoh_Champion_Ernesto Wrote:  

Then he will use 17 energies and that is a lot. 4 fighting 2 metal for using just 12.

Now look at his edit, and laugh.

Please stop with the math leason, I've only been outta school for 2weeks!

Don't listen to him. It's a terrible card, three retreat and a very poor attack. You might as well tech in a friggin' garchomp, 1 for 60 is far better. Plus you discard some blend/DCE they have attached.

If you want to hit for 40, use Mewtwo and DCE. The typing of RayRay doesn't matter crap when only Deino and Gible, which can be played from previous sets with a different typing, have the dragon weakness.

Why does everyone hype the regular Rayquaza also? It's worse than slaking.

I was talking about the EX...

And even if you put the regular in here, he has Altaria, meaning Rayquaza does 60 damage, OHKOing Dieno NV.>_>

And you assume that after you set up Altaria and Rayquaza, the opponent would still have Deinos on the field?

Once you set up Altaria, it's favorable to have Haxorus out by then. Why would you use an inconsistent attacker like RayRay EX in place of that.

edited

I'll go back when you go back to preschool and learn some manners and how to read, sir!

If you look at my last post it clearly says: "And even if you put the regular in here," meaning the non-EX.

And if you go first, you can get Altaria and Rayquaza (REGULAR) both set up while Dieno is on field.

Emopanda133 said:
I'll go back when you go back to preschool and learn some manners and how to read, sir!

If you look at my last post it clearly says: "And even if you put the regular in here," meaning the non-EX.

And if you go first, you can get Altaria and Rayquaza (REGULAR) both set up while Dieno is on field.

The difference is negligible. While it is a mistake on my part, your argument is still incorrect. Deino will bench camp while Darkrai does what it does best, apply pressure. Also, the new format is much, much faster. Expect T2 Hydreigon and Garchomp.

Why is Darkrai EX being brought into this? The arguement was whether the regular Rayquaza could OHKO a Dieno, and I have proved it can, as for it being a bench camper, that's why we have Catcher. And like I said, if you go first, your opponent will still have Dieno. My arguement was not incorrect.

Milky said:
The difference is negligible. While it is a mistake on my part, your argument is still incorrect. Deino will bench camp while Darkrai does what it does best, apply pressure. Also, the new format is much, much faster. Expect T2 Hydreigon and Garchomp.

LOL, the new format will be faster? Absolutely not, we have no Smeargle, no Junk Arm, much less draw, and less consistent draw. The new format of BW-on slows the game to a much better pace.

Ursus said:
LOL, the new format will be faster? Absolutely not, we have no Smeargle, no Junk Arm, much less draw, and less consistent draw. The new format of BW-on slows the game to a much better pace.

And yet we will still have more EXs and new dragons that hit for lots of damage t2-t3 for very little energy.
BW on will be a very fast paced format.

edit:
I like the list, but would add a 3rd Ultra Ball to get your pokemon out faster. And maybe some more basic energy.

Back