WPM should create custom skins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flygon222

Aspiring Trainer
For the site and forums. Use those pictures at the top on the site for some of them, and have different varieties of colors, and the old design of the forums with the blue cracked background.

You do realize WPM is very busy with college right? It takes a lot of time to make a good theme.

This would only be carried out if we designed them ready-to-go, surely.

That, and skins like these take a long time to make. You know how long they put off this current skin? In excess of one year. Because everyone was so busy.

Other skins may or may not be a prospect for the future...but the staff have lives. It's not something too high on the to-do list.

If you know much about web design, you'd know that skins tend to be more of a luxury thing to create rather than working on the general layout. They are a pain to design and get down correctly, not to mention you'd still have to get the CSS formatting done (which, for a parson more concerned about others things, feels like a task that takes forever).

Fixed the title of this thread for you.

Wouldn't it be cool if we had our own custom skins?

WPM is busy enough with grad school and running this site. Just be happy he wasn't serious about shutting it down.

I think the real question is "why should he"? There is clearly not that big of a demand for custom skins. The one we have right now is just fine...

Do we have any moderators or staff members with this type of talent and time? We on the other hand have never had a variety of skins to choose from. It would be a good idea when WPM has the time. However I loved the Arceus theme that we had around April fools a couple of years ago. I gotta say this now but that theme was epic XD.:)

Talent and Time? Answer to that is google search and about 3 hours at most. If you are asking for the ability for members to make custom skins, that would require a simple addition to MyBB. No real need for this as there is no outcry for it... once again...

Maybe in the future this will happen. There is a yellow skin but is a horrible bright yellow. I switched to it just to see and it is not that great XD.:)

Probably won't have time to start making a new skin until after grad school (June 2014). But I might have a job then, so it'll probably be never. :D You guys do know this skin took me like 2 years to make, right? (Because of busyness.)

Yeah we knew that. Do we have any mods with talent to do this? You could make a thread for members with time and talent to help with the skins. Is it possible we can do that? Just make an application thread for members to apply and see if that works.:)

Only supermoderators and admins have the ability to add / edit/ or delete skins since its in the Admin CP. I don't see any problems with this theme.

While I understand the reason for wanting new skins, we just don't have the time or means to do so at the current time. We're more worried about things like bringing more content and a better user experience to members.

xxashxx said:
Yeah we knew that. Do we have any mods with talent to do this? You could make a thread for members with time and talent to help with the skins. Is it possible we can do that? Just make an application thread for members to apply and see if that works.:)
Rather than constantly suggesting the same thing that everyone else is suggesting, why don't you spend effort into either making one that's better than this or finding someone with enough time and skills to do it?

No, you can't do that? Well, I wonder why the staff here can't handle your less-than-considerable request.

I would rather have content over style.

And with that, this subject is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back