Worlds Thread

Bob The Magical Penguin said:
2014 World Championships in Washington D.C.!

I need to get an invite to this. My parents said if we ever went up to DC we would stopp by Monticello. Time to get back into the playing world. :D
Good luck!
:D

I probably have no chance of going unfortunately. xD

Well folks, we have some firsts.
First deck winning two years in a row: Darkrai
First 3-time world champ: Klacyznski
Well, gee. That was interesting.

I'm happy with the news that Worlds is in DC next year. That's a good sign that Nationals is going to be moving. I'd honestly be surprised if Nationals isn't moved to the westside of the country. If Nationals doesn't move however; I for one will be upset. The westside of the US is already at a complete disadvantage to the eastside, simply because of the larger state size. Much harder to travel when every State Championships is a 6 + hour drive. If the eastern US gets Nats and Worlds on top of that, it is going to be completely ridiculous.

Tl;dr, good Worlds location if they move US Nationals.

I'm so excited that Worlds is in Washington D.C. and can't wait to go (because I live only a few hours away). I didn't get to watch the full stream, so what deck did Jason Klacyznski run?

Momaster12 said:
I'm so excited that Worlds is in Washington D.C. and can't wait to go (because I live only a few hours away). I didn't get to watch the full stream, so what deck did Jason Klacyznski run?

Jason ran Darkrai without Absol.

Also 1200 post!

Momaster12 said:

Darkrai-EX without Absol.
Edit: Ninja'd, by MountainDrew. XD

blargh257 said:
First 3-time world champ: Klacyznski

2445vu0.jpg

Pick your words better next time pal. :p

I don't think Jason deserved to win. He's a really good player, but after what happened in t8.....meh. Anyways, I lost in t32, Jeremy/iis lost in t16, and Glace lost in t8. All with the same rogue deck, terrakion EX/garbodor/enhanced hammer. Ironically, unfortunately, you were right Salamence, I did make t32 lol at 32 seed, grantm being 33rd hehehe.

RogueChomp said:
I don't think Jason deserved to win. He's a really good player, but after what happened in t8.....meh. Anyways, I lost in t32, Jeremy/iis lost in t16, and Glace lost in t8. All with the same rogue deck, terrakion EX/garbodor/enhanced hammer. Ironically, unfortunately, you were right Salamence, I did make t32 lol at 32 seed, grantm being 33rd hehehe.

Oh my god, I completely forgot that XD You did very well though, even if you lost to our senior champ, don't dwell on the past as you say, but look at the future.

RogueChomp said:

What happened in t8 with Jason? And Congrats.

MMAmonchan said:
RogueChomp said:

What happened in t8 with Jason? And Congrats.
Heres the incident.

Jason played a Random Receiver and got a N. He showed N to his opponent, and his opponent thought he was PLAYING N, so he shuffled his hand in his deck before realizing his mistake.

RogueChomp said:
I don't think Jason deserved to win. He's a really good player, but after what happened in t8.....meh.

What? Playing Random Receiver, getting N off it and his opponent just shuffling his hand into his deck? Jason didn't do anything wrong.

What they should have done was let Jason use any other cards in his hand then made him play the N because Jason made it seem like he was playing the N.

But Jason didn't want to use the N. He was using Beach that turn. You can't make him use a card he didn't want to.

I was there, it was blatantly obvious he wasn't going to beach. It's his fault for rushing and misleading his opponent on what he was doing.

No, it's kind of confusing. Jason, intentionally or unintentionally, confused his opponent by leaning over the table when shuffling the RRd cards back in the deck. Jon couldn't see his hand, so he assumed N.

Via FB:

"Josh, please don't jump to conclusions. I absolutely did not need to play the N I revealed from Random Receiver. I have only one remaining Catcher and my opponent has a dead hand. Why N and give him three cards, risking him drawing the game-winning energy that he didn't have last turn? Because a Tropical Beach is in play, I could draw from Beach, hoping to hit Catcher. If I survived the turn, I either hit Catcher, or then play N (he would use Tropical Beach if he did not have the game-winning energy.)

If I do play N, it would only be after thinning the dead cards out of my hand, improving my odds of hitting the game-winning Catcher.

I took a game loss penalty for a broken game state earlier. It's unfortunate this happened in Sudden Death of Top 8, but the rules don't suddenly change depending on what's on the line."

Jason isn't a shady person like that. He knew he was going to beach.

Back