• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Working on an Expanded ZoroBees for my local League

Vulpixy

Just your friendly neighborhood Vulpix
Hey all, I've been tinkering with a deck list for Zoroark GX and Vespiquen for a little while now. Sadly most of the online decks I can find are fairly old so I've had to adjust for the GX. I'm wanting to run the list by some people and see if I can get some help with the fine-tuning:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 27

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 1 Zoroark BKT 91
* 1 Zoroark PR-BLW BW09
* 3 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 2 Klefki STS 80
* 4 Combee AOR 9
* 2 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 4 Vespiquen AOR 10
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 N DEX 96
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Mallow GRI 127

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The idea of the deck is to have Zoroark GX in more of the supporting role discarding useless Pokemon and powering through my deck. He can be a decent secondary attacker with the baby Zoroarks, or I can keep a decently filled bench between building up 2 bees, more Zoroarks, and possibly saving an unown if need be.

Atm I'm not sure which baby Zoroark I like more. Against my testing partner the Foul Play one is the way to go however I can totally see the use for the Mind Jack one. In addition, I can't decide if I like the Teammates more or the Mallow - both have been very helpful at different times.

I'm wanting to try and find room for possibly a float stone or two or maybe a 3rd Guzma. Also would a single counter energy be right in this deck to give me one more energy I can attack with? The only card I can see cutting would be the Enhanced hammer. Any suggestions are great appreciated. Thanks!

Hey all, I've been tinkering with a deck list for Zoroark GX and Vespiquen for a little while now. Sadly most of the online decks I can find are fairly old so I've had to adjust for the GX. I'm wanting to run the list by some people and see if I can get some help with the fine-tuning:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 27

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 4 Zorua PR-SM SM83
* 1 Zoroark BKT 91
* 1 Zoroark PR-BLW BW09
* 3 Zoroark-GX PR-SM SM84
* 2 Klefki STS 80
* 4 Combee AOR 9
* 2 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 4 Vespiquen AOR 10
* 4 Unown AOR 30

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Puzzle of Time BKP 109
* 1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 1 Enhanced Hammer GRI 124
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 1 Teammates PRC 141
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 N DEX 96
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Mallow GRI 127

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

The idea of the deck is to have Zoroark GX in more of the supporting role discarding useless Pokemon and powering through my deck. He can be a decent secondary attacker with the baby Zoroarks, or I can keep a decently filled bench between building up 2 bees, more Zoroarks, and possibly saving an unown if need be.

Atm I'm not sure which baby Zoroark I like more. Against my testing partner the Foul Play one is the way to go however I can totally see the use for the Mind Jack one. In addition, I can't decide if I like the Teammates more or the Mallow - both have been very helpful at different times.

I'm wanting to try and find room for possibly a float stone or two or maybe a 3rd Guzma. Also would a single counter energy be right in this deck to give me one more energy I can attack with? The only card I can see cutting would be the Enhanced hammer. Any suggestions are great appreciated. Thanks!

I really enjoy playing this deck and I'm glad to hear that you do as well @Vulpixy! I believe that Zoroark GX/Vespiquen is really well positioned right now as it is the only Zoroark GX variant that can beat Wailord EX decks while still having the power of Zoroark GX. Here is a link to a discussion about the same deck that has helped me a lot when I built the deck, hopefully it will help you as well (let me know if you would prefer for me to remove the link and I would be happy to do so)! Hope this helps!

Should this not be in deck garage? Looks good, but I might drop a kelifiki for another zoroark GX
Oops! you're completely right haha. First time in a long while since I've been over towards this side of the forums. Is there any way to have this moved where it belongs?

~Moved thread from the Pokemon Trading Card Game forum to the Deck Garage because the user is asking for feedback on their list.

Klefki is pretty bad. It was used in standard because there were no Compressor, so you should be playing a 4th copy of that, and different Pokemon. The thing about Whales is that Bunnelby exists, and Zoroark benches Pokemon do damage, so... yeah...
Enhanced Hammer isn't something you would want to play because this deck wants to be aggressive and set up to take KOs rather than slow your own setup to hinder your opponent's. I don't know if this was intentional or not, but there's no VS Seeker, which is REALLY important for aggressive decks so they can afford to play low supporter counts in favor of cards that let you set up faster. Another amazing card is Pokemon Ranger, and Hex Maniac. Ranger gets past item lock, Jirachi(not really played but still exists), and Giratina's Chaos Wheel. A bonus to this point is Turtonator's Shell Trap.
Hex Maniac is the 1 tech all decks like Bees and Darkrai want, because Hexing at the same time you take a KO can limit your opponents options and and opens up chances to get further ahead. Although you don't necessarily need it, Choice Band is also awesome because you can be short by 3 Pokemon in the discard and still take a KO. It also let's your Zoroark GX hit for 210 against other Zoroark decks. Good luck.

-snip for space-

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. I'm testing out the Klefki's as my partner uses a Despair Ray M Garde so I could use the breathing room it gives me. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about with Whales unless you mean the matchup against the stall deck. Thankfully no one's running stall down at my league (which is where I'd be playing this) so no threat there :)

As for the other suggestions, I'll look into the Hex Maniac as I agree it can be rather useful and possibly get a Choice Band or 2 in there if I can make room.

Oh, and not sure how you missed the 4 Vs Seekers in my list - They're the 2nd listed trainer, right below the Ultra Balls.

Hi there, thanks for the feedback. I'm testing out the Klefki's as my partner uses a Despair Ray M Garde so I could use the breathing room it gives me. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about with Whales unless you mean the matchup against the stall deck. Thankfully no one's running stall down at my league (which is where I'd be playing this) so no threat there :)

As for the other suggestions, I'll look into the Hex Maniac as I agree it can be rather useful and possibly get a Choice Band or 2 in there if I can make room.

Oh, and not sure how you missed the 4 Vs Seekers in my list - They're the 2nd listed trainer, right below the Ultra Balls.
Oh. Wow. So they are. I usually never miss that stuff. Well, that's actually really good, now it's easier to optimize the list. Oh and don't even bother teaching against Despair Ray, you win that matchup easy. Zoroark is what you use so they can't Karen to win, and they NEVER OHKO Zoroark. Zoroark resists Despair Ray. And Hex kills their whole deck. Despair Ray is sadly a terrible Zoroark. Zoroark(the deck I mean) does everything M Gardy does, but far better and more efficient. I tried Despair Ray, but it's just bad as a whole. Oh, ad against that matchup, if you poke Gardy with Shaymin and they play Sky Field, then Zoroark GX with 7 bench and a Choice Band knocks it out. And Foul Play can copy Despair Ray to get rid of Shaymin and other stuff to make Vespiquen stronger. I know its just your local meta, but there are better card choices than Klefki.

I'm actually wanting to shy away from Sky Fields for a little while. For the past year or so all I ran was Sky Fields decks so I'm looking for a change. This is more of a Vespiquen Deck with Zoroark running a supporting role.

Btw the Mega Gardevoir is resistant to Zoroark as well, so it would take having a full 8 on the bench and a choice band and the poke from the Shaymin EX in your scenario to get the knockout on M Gardevoir EX.

As for the Klefki, what would you suggest in it's place?

I'm actually wanting to shy away from Sky Fields for a little while. For the past year or so all I ran was Sky Fields decks so I'm looking for a change. This is more of a Vespiquen Deck with Zoroark running a supporting role.

Btw the Mega Gardevoir is resistant to Zoroark as well, so it would take having a full 8 on the bench and a choice band and the poke from the Shaymin EX in your scenario to get the knockout on M Gardevoir EX.

As for the Klefki, what would you suggest in it's place?
I think you misread what I meant. I said if they play Sky Field. You probably read that as "then". See, I knew Mega Gardy was resistant to Zoroark, but I messed my math up by 10 somehow. I'm just being a giant scrub today aren't I?
As for the Klefki, because you would want Pokemon to fill it's place, I'd suggest 1 Lele and 1 tech/3rd Shaymin. Lele is still really good in this deck as a supporting role, as it always is, and in some turns are better than Shaymin.
I know that Zoroark is a supporting role, but don't forget how powerful it is as an attacker, plus it can tank hits. Even though I messed up my math, you still want to lead Zoroark against Despair Ray.

Back