With Team Flare making their big debut in the Anime could there be Flare sets?

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
So we had those Pokemon Tool F cards in Phantom Forces, anomalies considering their unique red borders and Flare insignia but now Team Flare are making a full appearance in the Anime, could there be a chance of getting a proper Flare set much like the Plasma sets with Pokemon, Trainer and Energy cards sporting the borders and logos?

I for one would very much welcome it.

Yes we have the Grunts, Xerosic and Lysandre but with Admins just as Common as Grunts they can serve the generic purpose and with the scientists and Malva still options, not to mention the possibility of ownership cards Lysandre's this or Xerosic's that. There are certainly easy ways to bring those characters back.

Also a Flare set would be a good opening for a new Looker card.

As cool as it would be, I don't see it happening only because of the Team Aqua and Team Magma set coming out only recently. Though TCP has done special sets shortly after one had already came out as well. I would honestly love to see Team Flare having it's own set like everything else. Team Plasma had three whole sets to itself before it changed out so I don't see why this couldn't happen at all.

I don't see it happening as a result of their appearance in the anime, but I totally could see team Flare sets happening after Z (or whatever the sequel will be called) comes out, and/or as next year's mini-set (since they seem to be doing at least one mini-set per year now).

I don't see it happening as a result of their appearance in the anime, but I totally could see team Flare sets happening after Z (or whatever the sequel will be called) comes out, and/or as next year's mini-set (since they seem to be doing at least one mini-set per year now).

Yeah the reason I mentioned the anime is not like as a direct influence but more Team Flare being showcased in other media would make a Flare set relevant if it were released concurrently with the Flare episodes airing.

I'm not sure if Plasma sets were released around the time of the Plasma arc so I can't say if there's precedent for such a thing.

But yeah with the return to Kalos for Zygarde's tenure, I feel it's not reaching too far and as I said before those Tool F cards I'm very fond of visually and would hate for them to be the only things in Flare's name.

I suppose at the end of the day only time will tell but a red bordered Pyroar-EX or Pyroar-BREAK could make for one fancy card.

Back