Winners Of PokeBeach’s March TCG Cup Crowned: Deck Lists And Interviews!

Congrats! It is encouraging to see a deck so far off the Night March path take it (I love Darkrai BKP!). Enjoy the booster box!

Nice one @WastedSkyPirate. Good looking deck, I'll have to try it on the client what with the endless Trev & NM decks just waiting to be eaten by it.

I still can't believe I got a prize this month with not a win to my name :p Fairy toolbox was a brave experiment but ultimately a failed one.

@Yog you played what!? Wow man. How many packs do you score for that?

Since I started playing last year, I've love the idea of the old Fairy Toolbox, and then I saw a few new cards that might give it a standing chance again, Max Potion - Manaphy - FF Belt. And then when I was torn deciding how the meta would shake up now that Greninja, Garchomp and Trevenant all got added to the equation, I decided to cover ALL THE THINGS. Except it flopped horribly :D

It is a fine and fun deck for cruising up the Versus Ladder on the Client and after a lot of tweaking it seemed to be ready to go competitive. It was not. Like not at all lol. It has an answer for everything, but it just buckled once it met some properly competitive decks and I couldn't get what I needed at the right times. Lost every match I played, then got a free pass in the final round through a no-show. At least some of those were 2-1 at least and not just 2-0s all the way.

Final decklist is here if anyone's interested.

As for prize it's five packs or else a 'promo product'? I'm not sure. I will find out when it arrives and post pulls.
But hey, that's me in the prizes every month so far. Maybe seeing my success in failed experimentation will encourage people to think off the beaten path of going for gold and missing with a more Meta-deck, when they can still make gains with something off the cuff.

Last edited:
It's nice to hear my deck getting mentioned here. Funny enough, my reason for making the Toad/Huntail/Swampert deck was the same as WastedSkyPirate's reason for even making his Turbo Darkrai deck (worries over Trevenant BREAK decks). Didn't run into a single Trevenant, though, so...that was a thing.

Anyways, ggs, WastedSkyPirate & urwatueatandI8arceus. Nice to know I battled against both the eventual winner and a Top 4 player.

Back