Discussion Winners of December's TCG Cup Crowned! Deck Lists and Interview!

• What is your PTCGO screen name? Elliot4me
  • What timezone do you live in? EST
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? Yes, no
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? Yes
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? Like always
  • Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date? Yes
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? No

• What is your PTCGO screen name? demitriusy1998
  • What timezone do you live in? Pacific (GMT/UTC-8)
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? No
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? No
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? Yes
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? Yes

What is your PTCGO screen name?
MRC3410
What timezone do you live in?
Eastern Time (GMT-4)
Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it?
Yes. No, I was not dropped from the tournament.
Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month?
Yes.
Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month?
Yes.
Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date?
Yes.
Are you a PokeBeach premium member?
No.

· What is your PTCGO screen name?

cal140

· What timezone do you live in?

GMT+9:30

· Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it?

No

· Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? (Such as replying to a news story, commenting on a forum discussion thread or etc…)

No

· Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month?

Yes

· Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date?

Yes

· Are you a PokeBeach premium member?

No

• What timezone do you live in? GMT-4 (EST)
  • What is your PTCGO screen name? itzyatzee
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? Yes and no
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, did you make at least two discussion posts in the last month? Yes and yes
  • Is this your first tournament, and if so, do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums over the next month? It is not my first tournement but I will still make the discussion posts!
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? Yes!

• What is your PTCGO screen name? freedom8901
  • What timezone do you live in? GMT+8
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? No
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? Yes
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? Yes
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? No

• What is your PTCGO screen name?
  • Seikene
  • What timezone do you live in?
  • EST
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it?
  • I did not participate in last month's tournament
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month?
  • I did not make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month.
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month?
  • I promise to make at least 2 discussion posts on the forums during this month.
  • Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date?
  • The e-mail address on my PokeBeach account is up-to-date.
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member?
  • I am not a PokeBeach premium member.

• What is your PTCGO screen name? Frosstoise
  • What timezone do you live in? GMT -4 (ADT)
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? Yes, and no.
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? Pretty sure yes
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? Pretty sure yes
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? Yes

Chi-town master has conceded the round to me.

Turn 1 of game 1 was played at 9:35pm Eastern, then he conceded the entire match.

For the ranks, do the top X ranks of the year get to play in a special tournament? :D :p
I cannot discuss that with anyone right now. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

Elbow said:
Follow up question, what about the last two months? Or is that going to be combined with this months for a Q2?

Yes, Q2 will be April through June. It takes a few hours to combine and sort the rankings, but if it is done, you will likely see it sometime in July. If I am feeling whimsical, I may even do an overall ranking. Although, I am really hoping that Challonge figures out a way to do it, at least among registered players. That is why it is important for people who care about their rankings to join Challonge.

Last edited:
  • What is your PTCGO screen name? Mewpoots
  • What timezone do you live in? EDT (GMT -4)
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? Yes and no
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? Nah
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? Maybe
  • Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date? Yep
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? Yep

I, Coolpilot, defeated Lanstar 2-1 after a series of unfortunate events followed by one hell of a set of matches.

NOTE for Ntanel: Before the proper matches started, we had 2 failed attempts at Game 1. The first (at 7:00 pm PDT) failed due to a weird bug where Lanstar got stuck on the coin flip where I was deciding to go 1st or 2nd, even though I had made that choice, mulliganed, saw their 3 mulligans, and placed my starting Pokemon, despite the fact that their 2nd & 3rd mulligans normally wouldn't happen until after confirming they saw mine, which was... odd. Anyways, we decided to ignore all but the coin flip. Lanstar re-logged, we restarted for try two (at 7:10 pm PDT), but Lanstar accidentally made me go first when I had decided to go second when I won the toss initially (and I had such a good starting hand that attempt q.q). We restarted once again, and the games after that (time-stamped below) are the actual games we played. Just for your records when/if you look at the match log.

Anyways, times!

L Game 1: 7:11 pm (DONK!)
W Game 2: 7:17 pm
W Game 3: 7:50 pm

NOW FOR RAMBLE TIME!

So, uh, yeah. Game 2 (and 3) took quite a while...

I will say, that was my favorite match of the tourney. A deck that I have a terrible match-up against, and I donk in Game 1 thanks to a terrible opening hand, starting Shaymin with nothing behind it but one Pokemon? And with a hand I can't whittle down to use Shaymin? Ouch. Still had less-than-stellar starts to the next two games, but man, where those games difficult, long, and fun! A mixture of bad RNG & prized cards, with unfortunate timings on both ends, decks almost running out, me trying to whittle my prizes down one at a time and stall out as much as possible while Lanstar desperately tries to keep me from doing so while also trying to take the big kills on my EXs to win quick as I keep shuffling them around, picking them up, and re-setting them... all the while, one wrong move could spell doom.

Like when I did the completely wrong thing in Game 3 by puzzling a DDE & something else, then having to use the DDE to retreat when I should've puzzled DDE & Switch. I lost my last DDE the next turn because of that. I only needed one more Prize at that point, with Lysandre as an option to get an easy KO on a weaker Pokemon. Left me with only one out - a Pokemon that could be pretty much insta-KO'd to weakness by Lanstar if I didn't hit for the 170 I needed in one, single attack... and I only had enough energy to do it with a Giovanni adding 20, thanks to my tools being in the discard. Then I draw a clutch Super Rod to shuffle 2 energy back in, Sycamore, attach ALL THE ENERGY just to be sure (didn't want to screw up my math!), and barely - barely - squeak out a win. Granted, Lanstar was close to decking out anyways, with 4 Prizes left, but there was still an opportunity if they had the energy to do it quick (not sure on that).

...I don't think I'm gonna have as intense a match as this one for some time, thanks to those last two games. Though you may have lost, Lanstar, a massive tip-o-the-hat to you. Hell of an effort, even when you were about to deck-out both games. Rarely saw a mistake from you in either of those games. You put up one hell of a fight!

Anyways, rambling aside, GGs to everyone, and good luck to all in future tourneys! :D

Last edited:
  • What is your PTCGO screen name? EspeonROX
  • What timezone do you live in? GMT -5
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? Yup, and nope!
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? You bet.
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? You bet.
  • Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date? You can definitely bet.
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? Don't put your money on it. Nope.

What is your PTCGO screen name? - Coolpilot
What timezone do you live in? - Pacific Daylight Time (UTC-7)
Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? - Yes, I participated. No, I was not dropped.
Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? - Yes, exactly two (not counting TCG Cup talk), funnily enough.
Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? - Yes, likely more now that I'm not horribly sick and thus super melancholy about talking with peeps.
Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date? - Yes.
Are you a PokeBeach premium member? - Yes.

No doubt those were crazy close matches... It felt like my head was pounding on a wall each turn of play. >.<

I'm probably going to take a break from these tournaments until July, and try to create a better deck list next time. Do have fun with the next tournament!

Timezone: EDT / -4 GMT
PTCGO username: fbueller
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it?
No
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month?
No
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month?
Yes
  • Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date?
Yes
I am not premium

Last edited:
  • What is your PTCGO screen name? lordyabol
  • What timezone do you live in? GMT + 2, but I don't mind staying up late etc.
  • Did you participate in last month’s tournament? If so, were you dropped from it? no
  • Did you make at least two discussion posts on the forums during last month? no
  • Do you promise to make at least two discussion posts on the forums during this month? yes
  • Is the e-mail address on your PokeBeach account up-to-date? yes
  • Are you a PokeBeach premium member? no

Back