Will D&P cards be usable next year?

Do you mean ALL Diamond and Pearl sets, or just the first one? If you mean the first set, then no, it probably won't be usable after September 1st next year. But there will probably be some Diamond and Pearl sets after the rotation.

well...sets are slated to rotate after worlds each year...whether or not there will be a set rotation after next year's worlds has yet to be determined...current speculation states that it will be a format of PL-on...some believe that with HGSS coming out and changing game mechanics, that it will be a HGSS-on format after worlds next year...this is all speculation and heresay however

cool kid master555 said:
If PUSA did that, then the format would be to small.
Woah... too small? I thought they keep every spring set of the previous year? If that is the case, then we should have RR-next years summer set at the beginning of the 10-11 season.

cool kid master555 said:
No smaller than last years DP-on really, its just that the card pool we have right now is "huge" compared to previous years

cool kid master555 said:
Soul Seeker said:
Isn't the format for next year Platinum-on ?

You have:
Platinum
Rising Rivals
Supreme Victors
Platinum:Arceus
HGSS Set
Summer Set right before worlds.
At the beginning of the 10-11 rotation, plus a winter set, a spring set, and another summer set.
Thats 5 at the beginning of the season, 8 at the end. Not that small...

Gliscor said:
Woah... too small? I thought they keep every spring set of the previous year? If that is the case, then we should have RR-next years summer set at the beginning of the 10-11 season.
I think that the reasonable cut-off would be be LA or SF. If we have RR on, than at the begenning of the season then we have:RR SV AoA Legend HGSS 2 and HGSS 3 that is 6 sets, so yea you're right. (Though 8 sets could happen)

ragingphantom said:

You have:
Platinum
Rising Rivals
Supreme Victors
Platinum:Arceus
HGSS Set
Summer Set right before worlds.
At the beginning of the 10-11 rotation, plus a winter set, a spring set, and another summer set.
Thats 5 at the beginning of the season, 8 at the end. Not that small...
[/quote]
Vut you have to remember that at least two of those sets have pretty much useless cards. Nothing too big out of some of them.

Most likely be SF-on or PL-on,you dont want SF to have only 2 years while DP had 4 do you?

Well some people like myself have only started playing about a month ago ._. and I (probably like most people, I don't know) have LA, MT, DP cards. I'm a correct to assume the prices for these cards will drop if they are cut off?

There's no telling what next years format will be. This year is setting precedent. There is no "for sure", although there never really has been. We'll know for sure when we know.

Most likely, however, some DP sets will rotate. I imagine we'll follow suit with the Japanese and rotate to Platinum on.

Back