Will celebi prime and garchomp c lvx go good together

I don't really understand what the point is... it sounds like you're just using Celebi to switch GCX back to the bench and up again, which I don't really understand, seeing as most 'Chomp decks have a way to get it back and forth. For that matter, why Celebi? I don't know of any SP decks that run grass energy, and it sounds like you'll never use its attack...

You don't need his attack, you are just using celebi to attach the energies to gcx so he can attack each turn

OR OR OR, you could have 2 Garchomp' C's out 1 benched 1 active, use Dragon rush, poke turn the active chomp send up the benched chomp, level it up drop a DCE and Dragon Rush again. That way you won't have to sac a Celebi to use Dragon rush every other turn, bad side is that this eats through your DCE if you keep do thing too much, but 2 consecutive dragon rushes would hurt alot more than attacking every other turn.

but if you send up celebi with an unown q, then he has free retreat, or u can warp point or switch or super scoop up, because you would be running 4 of each

I think its too much going on at once. How are you going to switch the energy from Celebi to Garchomp?

I agree with Empoleon. Celebi is just too frail to even stand up, and switching the Garchomps back and forth will allow for a lot more Dragon Rush opportunities to be had, without risk of making your opponent take a lot of prizes.

60 HP on Celebi Prime? That's virtually nothing - it's way too easy to kill.

Thx for the input guys, I am not going to run it, I just saw an idea, so I decided to take it further and see how it went

This is why good ideas die early. Not a single person giving advice even read Celebi Prime. If they did, they would realize Forest Breath allows you to attach a Grass Energy from your hand to ANY Pokemon. With Poke Turn, Warp Energy, and Warp Point you can pull off consecutive Dragon Rushes for many turns with minimal resources. Trust me, this IS a good idea. I wrote an article on it for http://google.com/.com titled "Arceus/Celebi/Garchomp C Deck Analysis." It might give you some more insight and the discussion there is more stimulating.

If you have any questions post here or send me a PM

We did read Celebi Prime (with the exception of venusour x). You'll notice the argument is that Celebi is a weak little Pokémon with 60 HP that really doesn't do a whole lot, not that you can't attach the energy to Garchomp. Chomp decks already can pull off consecutive Dragon Rushes with a little magic called "Energy Gain" and "Double Colorless Energy." It does take some DCE, but it takes a lot less space and time than having Celebi that can easily be sniped, brought active then OHKO'd, etc. AND the grass energy in the deck for Celebi's 'Power.

It doesn't matter that Celebi only has 60 HP, it's never left active. Anything can be Bright Looked and KO'd. Ever heard of Azelf, Uxie, Crobat G, etc? Great, so instead of killing your main attacker, they kill a support Pokemon that you should have 4 of. DCE is unsearchable except by Energy Exchanger, which also happens to be an unsearchable Trainer. With Celebi, you should be devoting the space to Grass Energy anyway. Luxray isn't in there. By your first post, it's obvious you didn't understand the strategy.

Oh, so I assume you have a strategy that allows you to effectively retreat twice per turn then? You have to admit, this basically means you have to use a Warp Point or Warp Energy every turn to bring Celebi out of the Active spot. That, my friend, is what is impractical.

Celebi can't use the Power while benched (if it could, I admit it would be much more feasible), and Poke Turning the Garchomps over and over only works if you have a 2-2 Garchomp CX line, both of which are are in play. Even then, you still have to retreat Celebi, making Unown Q a necessity.

If you could link the article I'm sure we would have more insight into your line of thought, because so far, I can't see where you're going to make Celebi Prime effective.

Here's the link http://www.http://google.com/.com/deck-analysis/arceuscelebigarchomp-deck-analysis/

Nothing is impractical about bringing up Celebi Prime with a Q attached after your active has been KO'd, using its power, then retreating. Otherwise, use Poke Turn (why do I need 2-2 Garchomp C X when I pick up my active LV. X?), Warp Point, or Warp Energy.

I agree it's a very good idea on paper, but realistically, SPs don't really need all that much else outside of their sphere to contribute to deck consistency. You could retreat the Garchomp CX for a damaged SP, Poke Turn that, and then bring up the Garchomp CX to Dragon Rush again with another DCE. Sure, it will burn up DCE very fast, but realistically, not very many decks can last for long against constant Dragon Rush barraging. (Or, you could retreat, attach a Warp Energy to bring up Garchomp again, and then use Bronzong G to move some energies up.)

Or, you don't have to Dragon Rush every turn; you could just switch to Flash Impact or Jet Shoot even. Yes, Celebi Prime can go very well with other cards (such as the Sky Spear Arceus you just mentioned), but Forest Breath can only attach Grass Energy - and there are not a lot of popular SPs that use Grass Energy. (I've yet to see one, and in my area, SPs are everywhere.)

In summation, yes, you could use Celebi Prime with Garchomp CX, but it would involve a lot of switching and burning otherwise precious cards, as well as devoting a few spaces (6 in your list, but I don't think it would need more than 5) to Grass Energy that could instead be used for other SP techs (like Promocroak).

I mean, in a tourney situation, if someone actually did that, and it worked well, I'd love to see it. But until then, I'm still a bit skeptical.

The problem is you only have 4 DCE, but need to take 6 prizes. Missing 1 turn of getting a KO could lose you the game in this fast format. I'm not discounting DCE, that's why there are 4 in the deck. However, they're not always readily available, while Grass Energy is with Cyrus's Conspiracy. Right now, no SP decks use Grass Energy, but this is a new SP deck that relies solely on Grass Energy as its basic energy. I'm not modifying LuxChomp or anything, I'm making a new deck. Other SP techs are pretty insignificant in this when you have the option of hitting anything for 80 damage.

Yeah, in my first post, I didn't understand it, because it seemed (and still seems) impractical. Now I understand what you mean, but I still think it would be better just to use that space for something else for consistency as opposed to the Celebi, grass energy, and Unown Q, and have to put them in an SP engine.

Woops. I know what Celebi Prime did, I just had a brain cramp. This idea looks good on paper, but there really is too much going on. You will have to have specific cards to make this all work, and not enough draw power to get them in you hand. I have a feeling that this deck won't stand up to most of todays metagame, because of the low HP of Celebi, and the fact that space will be used up to retreat or bench Celebi Prime while it takes away most of your consistency. Plus a decent LuxChomp build will destroy you.

Plus a decent LuxChomp build will destroy you.

It doesn't matter that Celebi only has 60 HP, it's never left active. Anything can be Bright Looked and KO'd. Ever heard of Azelf, Uxie, Crobat G, etc? Great, so instead of killing your main attacker, they kill a support Pokemon that you should have 4 of.

@venasour x: Granted, we need to prepare for the inevitable, but a decent Luxchomp build can destroy a lot of things, not just this.

Definitely a good idea. You definitely have a strong deck that can stand up to the format. I say build the deck. I personally have one built.

Back