Discussion Why Ultra Necrozma-GX over Necrozma-GX?

Wouldn't 2 Lele take up much needed bench space for Malamar's and such? That's, tbh, why I run 1 Lele in my variants.
Just because you run two Lele doesn't mean you play both every game. Having a second one means you have access to one when needed and don't have to worry about prizing your only Lele

I've always felt like that Metal energy is a bit finicky, since if it's discarded or prized, since it can be hard or even impossible to reclaim if discarded (e.g. Team Flare Grunt). Regular Necrozma can just vacuum up Psychic energies all day without a care as long as you have enough Malamars around. One could run Metagross to cover this problem, but running a Stage 2 in a metagame where Buzzwole exists for a niche situation just seems clunky.

I've always felt like that Metal energy is a bit finicky, since if it's discarded or prized, since it can be hard or even impossible to reclaim if discarded (e.g. Team Flare Grunt). Regular Necrozma can just vacuum up Psychic energies all day without a care as long as you have enough Malamars around. One could run Metagross to cover this problem, but running a Stage 2 in a metagame where Buzzwole exists for a niche situation just seems clunky.

Seems like a weird thought, but I see Ultra Necrozma GX as LeBron James.

LeBron needs to be the guy doing everything in order to fulfill his roll, he cant be with other massive superstars like Curry KD, Harden etc.

Ultra Necrozma GX being one in the same, it needs to be the thing, or "Center" of the deck, not a sideline attacker among another powerhouse like Metagross.

Seems odd, but that's my opinion.

Back