General Why Do You Think Your Pets Are Smarter Than They Let On?

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
I'm sure we've all had that moment where our pet(s) have done something that seems to equate to... Human intelligence. So I've made this thread to discuss those phenomena!

I'll start: My Nanday Conure, Chatot, knows when my brother is in physical pain. And she thinks it's funny. We were in the same room as her but jokingly hitting each other, and she kept laughing every time he got hit. However, when I was hit, no reaction at all... In general she only laughs when someone else is laughing, so she must some how recognize this as "funny". :p

If they're were smarter than they let on humans wouldn't exist, to be completely honest.

We don't let society know that animals are as smart as they are because scientists don't want an anthropomorphic dog to tell us about"science" while driving around in a prius once they realize we're on to them. But I know... Old Scotty always knows...

I think, to some degree, they might be somewhat smarter than what humans believe.

That being said, the concept of measuring the intelligence of animals is nebulous at best. At least, measuring their intelligence the same way we measure human intelligence.

I don't. My cat is dumb as a brick and sometimes can't even eat his food properly without dorking. Still love him, though. <3

I don't. My cat is dumb as a brick and sometimes can't even eat his food properly without dorking. Still love him, though. <3

We took down a photo, and one of my cats just.. stared for a solid three days. Whenever she was near that spot she'd be staring at the blank bit of wall.

-snip- cats. <333

We took down a photo, and one of my cats just.. stared for a solid three days. Whenever she was near that spot she'd be staring at the blank bit of wall.

-snip- cats. <333

Ohman, that's great. :U

I caught my cat doing something similar once. When he saw that I was watching him, he visibly flinched a bit, like he was startled that I noticed him, then went back to staring at the same spot again.

Ohman, that's great. :U

I caught my cat doing something similar once. When he saw that I was watching him, he visibly flinched a bit, like he was startled that I noticed him, then went back to staring at the same spot again.
Have either you or @peer considered the likelihood that, y'know, your homes are haunted?

Have either you or @peer considered the likelihood that, y'know, your homes are haunted?

I've talked about this before in this forum, though it's been a while. My parents are actually active ghost-hunters; they have business cards and everything. I've used a lot of the machinery, I'm familiar with the signs, etc. and so forth. Although I'm personally a skeptic, I can't deny that I've seen, heard, and felt some weird shit.

With that in mind, there's nothing in my house that indicates a haunting, benign or malevolent.

Unless, of course, you count the weirdo cat.

I've talked about this before in this forum, though it's been a while. My parents are actually active ghost-hunters; they have business cards and everything. I've used a lot of the machinery, I'm familiar with the signs, etc. and so forth. Although I'm personally a skeptic, I can't deny that I've seen, heard, and felt some weird shit.

With that in mind, there's nothing in my house that indicates a haunting, benign or malevolent.

Unless, of course, you count the weirdo cat.

I was half-joking, because cats are weird, but dang, that's super cool o:

Back