Pokemon Why Do You Play Pokemon?

I was just having some friends playing it. I tried it out....I loved it. After,I heard about Sonic the Hedgehog.I totally forgot about Pokemon. But all of my friends liked Pokemon and as Sonic The Hedgehog had not many games,I returned back to Pokemon. I love Pokemon still!:D

It's all of the people that I've met. The Pokemon community are some of the nicest people I've ever met and when I quit, I couldn't stay away for more than 1 or 2 years before I dove back in headfirst.

A lot of it is because of the friends and incredible people I meet who love the game, the characters and the anime. And also the fact that it's just plain fun.
And for the artists, the writers, the musicians all associated with this fandom. Everything about it is just...yes. So much yes.
Pokemon will always have a special place in my heart, because it brought me to my two oldest and longest (and bestest) friends. That's why I was crushed when they both gave up Pokemon at the same time like it was nothing. But being the good friend I am, I never let that get in the way.
Pokemon forever.

I play because my younger son plays. I used to be just the "chauffeur" (taking him around to leagues and tournaments until one day, there were only 7 players for a tournament. I got a player ID, borrowed a deck, and started learning! It's fun, and I like how my younger son has learned how to strategize his card game.

Why do I like pokémon?

It all started when I was younger, possibly around five. I was at my grandparents house, digging around in a bin of old toys. I pulled out a bag of pokémon figures. There was a pikachu, a squirtle, Jessie, James, Ash, Misty and Meowth. I immediately fell in love with these toys. As I got older, I collected more figures. I had no idea about the games, until I saw Pokémon Platnum. I bought it, and beat it in the process of about two weeks, playing every night. I've been playing ever since.

Well, I don't think I have a definite answer. I mostly play it because it is fun. I play competitive because I wanted to get more out of the game(and stop losing on random matchup) other than mindlessly leveling up and not doing anything with those pokemon after I beat the story.I now have reason to raise more than 5-6 pokemon. I also love the sprites in the games and the artwork on the cards. I just love everything about pokemon and it is without a doubt my favorite game.

I play Pokémon because its fun, and it makes my imagination go to newer levels everytime i play it.The main reason i play though is to remind myself of all the times ive had with my friends backs when i was a kid, and pokémon was our favorite thing, but there are many reasons why i play, but mainly its because it reminds me of the times and old friends ive had, and lost

My first game was Pokemon Black. Yes I know. I got it for my birthday, and I really liked it. So now I have SoulSilver and Platinum and want Black 2. I kinda want to get Emerald and Firered (or any other variants) eventually too.

So basically I play it because it's fun. I really like the fanbase too, way better than the Sonic one, IMO

Why do I like Pokémon?
Well, it all started when I was younger. My Grandfather bought me Leaf Green and I completely loved the game :p Since Leaf Green, I've played all Pokémon Games that were released after it :D
Then a few years later, he also bought me a Pokémon deck. And that's when I started playing the TCG. I guess it's just so fun that I can't stop playing now xD So because of that I've been to Hawaii 2 times xD

I play the new games because I enjoy them, and the old games because they bring back nostalgic memories of my childhood (and I'm a sucker for nostalgia)

Ooh, I never posted here. Why do I play... First, the degree of my playing has to be made clear. Completely forgoing TCG since it's pretty much off limits where I live, I can't take competitive VG. It's just really, really boring. The mechanics of all the hidden values, that's cool. But strategy... bleh. So all my playing exists in an entirely singleplayer experience. And I really, really like that.

I eat, breathe, and live the world of Pokemon. I love the regions, I love the NPCs, I love the cities and towns and bad guys and everything. I even somewhat love the Pokemon themselves, what with their mythos and stuff. But what I don't love, or rather, what I don't have a great amount of interest in, is the battle system. And I believe it's Pokemon that's made me like this. As my first RPG, I got to see what I love now; the region. But with Pokemon's very easy difficulty if one grinds one Pokemon through the whole game, I did that and never stopped. Don't get me wrong, I love grinding my fire starter to death; it makes the hardest decision in battle "What move do I use so I get a super-effective hit and don't waste PP?" (indeed, XD is giving me a run for my money what with these "double battles"). But it's spoiled me on ever really, really wanting to learn the strategies in Pokemon or in any RPG.

So basically, I play for the world, and the region. No competitive urges, no desire to learn strategy in the battle system. Simply, the region.

Why do I play Pokemon? Well, first of all, when I was little, my cousin had some Pokemon cards, he showed them to me and I started collecting. Then, when he got the Video Game, we both fell in love with playing it, and it just, well, stuck, with me. My cousin still likes Pokemon, but mainly just plays VG. I play VG, love it, collect TCG, love it, and Battle my friends with TCG and crush them ( ' O ' ). I don't think I will really ever leave the world of Pokemon. Oh, and I watch the Anime and read the Manga.

I just like all the different elements of Pokemon, to sum it up.

Jay said:
Playing Pokemon is for nubs. I'm here for the ambiance.

Uh yeah we get the point...just because you dislike Pokemon doesn't mean you have to rub it in :/ but I don't know you much so maybe you're just saying that?

My reason for playing Pokemon has definitely change since I was little, now that I think about it. And well... that's to be expected. I now play Pokemon for the story since I am now able to actually understand that there is a plot in the games (or at least Black and White/the sequels. I bought SoulSilver a few months back and was somewhat disappointed with the lack of a story that was more in-depth. And to my dismay, I found out I needed an event Celebi. Nice.). Maybe it's just me, but Pokemon has matured since the release of BW.

So I now play for the stories and the characters. That and, come on! The battle system brings back memories and is super fun!

My very first game that i bought and got just for myself was Leaf Green. It was my first team and I have been transferring that team (and the ones I used for each game afterwards) into the latest game.

The reasons I play Pokémon... I really enjoy the battle system, storylines (despite the fact they're not the best), the style of graphics, the music, the regions... I've never played a single bad Pokémon game. Not one. They're games that guarantee some level of fun every time I play them.

The main reason I play Pokémon is, of course, the Pokémon themselves. Their designs are so appealing, and the details about their habits, backgrounds, etc. - especially the Legendary Pokémon - are always interesting.

These days, I play for the nostalgia. It's so rejuvenating to just sit down and play my childhood game. It also keeps my creative juices flowing; It's a great warm up for when I go into the studio to record, or even simply writing music.

Back