BW/BW2 Why do people hate the 5th Gen so much?

Wich Gen had the best Pokemon?

• Gen 1

Votes: 26 13.6%
  • Gen 2

Votes: 39 20.4%
  • Gen 3

Votes: 47 24.6%
  • Gen 4

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Gen 5 (By Pokemon revealed so far)

Votes: 51 26.7%

• Total voters

TheOtterBoy

Open Sesame Tofu!
I've always wondered...Why to many people hate this gen?IT IS GETTING REALLY ANNOYING.(And before you say anything,yes I know people have opinions.:p )I personally think it is great,and all the Pokemon are great! (Except Gear >_> )
I think they are too much obsessionated with the first gen and second gen,that like the frist Gen the must because Pokemon were "original",but...
A Pokeball Pokemon
A fliped Pokeball Pokemon
A pink chewed bubblegum with face
Two piles of sludge with hands and faces...? REALLY? >_>
Two round Pokemon with faces and...things that let smoke out?
A black ball with face and purple mist surrounding it...SERIOUSLY?!
Two horses with fire? <_<
A blue bulb with feet and face with grass on its head
Pink eggs with faces
A Palm tree with legs and coconuts with faces...R-E-A-L-L-Y?!
A rock with face and arms
A lava slug?
Faces with slightly different desings and eyes

I know I said this too much times,but its true.So what do you think about this and the people hating this Gen?

RE: Why do people hate so much the 5th Gen?

What was the one with grass on it's head and yeah hater usually hate on the designs saying that they aren't original i don't know why because they are original. I love the new designs.

People accuse things before they have ever tried it.It's pointless to rant on something that is and has yet to be played or even tried.They whine over small things like omg this pokemon is horrible or I dont like the location.It's just silly.Try it first and then rant about it later.See what you say then.

Playerking95 said:
What was the one with grass on it's head and yeah hater usually hate on the designs saying that they aren't original i don't know why because they are original. I love the new designs.

That was Oddish

Why did you post this twice? :F

Anyway, people are always going to dislike each new Generation for their personal reasons. Their attitudes have changed from when they see new Pokemon and then they compare it to older ones and the dislike sets in.

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Why did you post this twice? :F

Anyway, people are always going to dislike each new Generation for their personal reasons. Their attitudes have changed from when they see new Pokemon and then they compare it to older ones and the dislike sets in.

dmaster out.

Exactly what I say.

As you've stated, it's just their opinion. And also, it's quite hard to adapt to change of any kind. Some people do it naturally, some don't. It's just human. It's also just human to complain complain complain, rant rant rant, hate hate hate.

Also, just because someone says that he/she doesn't like the 5th Gen Pokemon design, it doesn't mean that they hate on the 5th Gen entirely. All it means is that they don't like that specific Pokemon's design. I don't like some of the 5th Gen designs, but it's not like I don't like the 5th Gen overall (not yet anyway, lol). In fact, I'm looking forward to what all the other Pokemon look like (especially Mr.Broccoli's Evolution o_O if it ever has one)

And all the previous Pokemon that you've stated
(A Pokeball Pokemon
blablabla...etc etc etc)
are all original. I mean, who would come up with "A Palm tree with legs and coconuts with faces"?
Ans: [ppl who r clearly on some kind of medication, illegal or not obviously]

In order:
2nd (Ho-oh is beast)
5th (Munna and Gear really didn't do it for me)
1st (Geodude. Just. Geodude)
4th (Glameow and Finneon family)
3rd (A lot o' them)

I kinda wondered what they were on when coming up with the big 151. The 3rd didn't really appeal to me, and 4th was... kinda lacking pre-national

I think it's because inside they've grown out of pokemon and refuse to love it unconditionally like they did when they were little.

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/2627/1d8b5b4143559dce592eb19.png
*cough*
*Leaves discussion so everyone can hate*

I absolutely HATED the 4th gen, it offered me NOTHING pre-national dex, so I didn't even buy it. However, the 5th gen is so awesome, I planned on pre-ordering the games after just seeing Meguroko and Gear alone, and Desukan just made it an insta-buy for me.

So I personally don't get all the 5th gen hate, at least they are coming up with more new and original designs this time, instead of just making nothing but a bunch of dumpy cute mammalian petting zoo rejects, and already overabundant generic plants and fish, and calling it a day.

I don't hate every new gen, I DO love gen 1 the best, but that's mainly because of Hypno and some others. I loved gen 2 and 3 instantly, so many favorites in gen 3 especially! That's why gen 4 dissapointed and disgusted me beyond belief, but gen 5 is making up for it in so many ways!

My favorite gen's would be in this order:

1. Gen 1
2. Gen 3, currently, but 5 could easily replace it.
3. Gen 5 for now, but it could easily shift into 2nd place once new monsters are revealed.
4. Gen 2 (too many worthless single stage normals, but has my favorite starter ever, Feraligator <3)
5. There's another gen? Oh yeah, gen 4, w/e.

Presumably people feel nostalgic about their first Pokemon games and say the other games pokemon aren't good because they aren't in the same style. I prefer Gen II's designs the most, but Gen V's designs are my second favourite. If anything, I'm biased for a new gen's pokemon.

The classic argument is:

"The new designs aren't original"

"Seel."

I simply but strongly dislike the design of the new Pokemon. That Electric zebra, IMHO, was drawn and designed and approved of by a third-grade-Japanese student. It's original, but horrible. Mamanbo, or Luvdisc's evolution, (supposedly), is just bleh. Luvdisc was simple and effective, but then TPIC decides to slap on a pair of wings and throw on a darker pink. Heck no.

its hard to understand the japanese legends since its not widespread like greek/roman/egyptian myths. also people are always gonna say the 1st gen was the best back in the good old days even though 2012 marks r/s/es 10th bday making them classics.
also people dont like change even though its unavoidable and the reasons behind the design. the basic pokemon look cute because they are pretty much babies who havent grown into their adult cooler final evos.

From what has been revealed so far, gen V is my favorite. I love so many of the new pokemon.

to me i judge the gen. throigh pokemon i like and the gameplay. i loved third gen because it was my first game i remember playing and it had pokemon like salamence flygon and the starters. the original 2nd gen was better in gameplay to me but i didnt like as much pokemon. so for this gen ill have to play the game and see which pokemon i like first.

I,personally loved all the gens (that's right , 1-5) As each Generation came out I just got used to the pokemon.

Right now though, i'm loving some of the pokemon but I would personally like to see a few more flying types, maybe an Ostrich pokemon, and I would love to see a jynx evolution cause in gen 1 magmar, electabuzz and jynx were like a trio, in gen 2 they made pre-evos for them and in gen 4 they made evos for magmar and electabuzz but not jynx so i would love an ice princess!

But overall I don't get why people are hating gen 5

P.S. I hated gen 5 at first but i got used to them ^_^

Gleafeon said:
A Pokeball Pokemon
A fliped Pokeball Pokemon
A pink chewed bubblegum with face
A black ball with face and purple mist surrounding it...SERIOUSLY?!
Two horses with fire? <_<
A blue bulb with feet and face with grass on its head
Pink eggs with faces
A Palm tree with legs and coconuts with faces...R-E-A-L-L-Y?!
A rock with face and arms
A lava slug?
Faces with slightly different desings and eyes
If you compare instead of just listing the old ones, then they sound at least as bad as the newbies.

From my perspective, the thing that made the first generation so good was not the choice of spieces but the simplistic designs. They seem much more natural than the new ones. Don't get me wrong, I'm hella excited for Black and White, but we all have our preferences.

This is my order for the Pokémon designs:

1) Gen 1
2) Gen 2
3) Gen 3
4) Gen 5
5) Gen 4

The first two generations focused on more simple designs, which is what I prefer. For me, the 3rd was a mixture between the 2nd and the 4th. Some were simple while others were, as some would say it, very "Digimon-ish". Not that I agree, but I can see what they mean. They continued that detailed style in 4th gen, and to me, it seems like they're trying a bit to go back to the simple designs while still maintaining that "DP feel". I prefer it much more over the 4th for what I've seen so far.

If we talk the games in general, then this is how I'd list them:

1) Gen 5
2) Gen 4
3) Gen 2
4) Gen 3
5) Gen 1

They obviously get better every time with new features and mechanics. However, I felt that generation 3 was a step back compared to 2 with the exclusion of day and night, two regions and whatnot. Generation 4 made up for it with Wi-Fi, and the 5th just takes it to a whole other level with Global Link and Dream World.

Well, that's just my opinion, you can argue if you want.

I'm going to say Gen 3 was my favourite generation for pokemon but it looks possible that Gen 5 might topple that when I see all the pokemon. I've been liking most of the designs so far.

My least favourite gen for Pokemon would have to be the 4th gen. I loved the games because of all the new wifi features and I do love some 4th gen pokemon but there wasn't as many pokemon that stood out for me (I don't hate these pokemon I just don't really feel anything for them) or at least I found 4th gen Pokemon took the longest time to grow on me (yeah I think that's the best way to put it)

My list based on Pokemon designs from favourite to least favourite:

1. 3rd Gen
2. 5th Gen (based on what we've seen so far)
3. 2nd Gen
4. 1st Gen
5. 4th Gen

It's hard to list them this way though because each gen does have pokemon I feel passionately about. Just some more than others. Feature wise I'd say Gen 4 would win hands down. That's one reason why I'm so excited about this new gen cause it feels to me like what made the Gen 3 and Gen 4 great and they're strong points are coming together now. (That's just in my opinion though)

Yeah, Gen 3 was my favorite, too. I don't think there's a single Pokémon in that generation I actually dislike. Gen IV was pretty awful. I only had a tolerance for a handful of Pokémon in that generation--just. . .bad.

Gen V is second only to Gen 3 IMO.

Back