Help Why are there no Cups near me?

Dalton

Aspiring Trainer
So, within 50 miles of me, there are 8, active Leagues. Unfortunate only one of them hosts tournaments. Am I just really really unlucky, or is it normal that a city of 1,500,000 people only gets one cup? About 2 hours away there are so many cups that they have to happen on the same day as each other. Most of the leagues have had pre releases, but why don't they do cups, or even challenges? What do they have to do in order to run a cup? Or even just a league challenge?

You'll need an organizer first if you don't already have one or aren't one. There always has to be an organizer to host a sanctioned event. A league challenge is the most common tier 1 event with the least amount of championship points. A venue is allowed to do 12 a year, so about 1 a month. They can pretty much do them at will as long as they fall within certain parameters. A league cup has more championship points at stake. Unlike cups however you can only host these if you are invited to host one by your TCPi rep. They're pretty strict on this event and they draw quite a crowd. Had about 100 show up to one once which was not expected or planned for. Cups are limited to 1 per quarter or 4 per year.

To get a cup the program looks for consistency in players at the venue and on-time attendance reporting. Whatever criteria it is beyond I can't say because I don't really know. I'm sure there are other criteria they keep hush-hush about. As to why only one league near you is hosting tournaments? Take the information I've given you as a TO and let that get your noggin' joggin'.

Last edited:
Back