• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Which deck? (Cities/Masters) Duskgar or Tangrowth Heal Tank

Duskgar or Tangrowth Heal Tank

• Total voters

Gengar_is_Pwnage

Happy 20th Sonic (Since '91)
Hi all,

I have two decks, ready to go, but I have no idea which one fits the bill better.

Here are the two decks and their lists:

Tangrowth Tank
3-3-1 Tangrowth X (Tangrowth SF, Tangela AR)
2-2 Sunflora HGSS
2-2 Cherrim SF (Cherubi UL)
1-1-1 Bellossom UD
1-1 Metapod HGSS

{G} x12
{C}{C} x3
{C} Warp x2
{C} Rescue x2

T/S/S
BTS x2
PONT x4
E-Belt x2
Bebes Search x2
Life Herb x4
Engineers Adjustments x2
Rare Candy x3

Simple heal tank deck. Sunflora gets all my grass pokes out, Metapod to keep me from getting {R} to death, Bellossom for extra heal power. Cherrim to pair with e-belts for 100 hp swings and 20 to two pokes on the bench (this is Tangrowth paired with one E belt and both Cherrim). This is a good deck, right?

So heres the other side of the fence

Duskgar

2-2-2-1 Dusky X (all other pokes from SF)
3-3-3-1 Gengar X (2/3 Gengar from AR the other SF, Haunter TR, AR both, Ghastly TR)
3 Spiritomb (2 AR 1 TR)
1 Uxie LA

{P} x11
{C} Cyclone x3

T/S/S
BTS x1
Pokemon Rescue x2
Good rod x2
Proffessor Elms Training Method x2
Fisherman x2
Lux Ball x1
Lucians Assignment x2
Pokemon Comm x2
PONT x2
Proffessor Oaks Visit x2
Bebes Search x4
Collector x2

Get my Spiritombs out early, evo to Dusky X and Gengar X, have all my gars inflicting damage left, right and center. Get Dusky X out mid-late game, Spam with Shadow command and have it knocked out, use it as a stadium to inflict damage every turn to get quick Prizes.

Now does anyone have suggestions to which deck I should use? Depending on which one you prefer can you give me any suggestions you have to make it better. Please help!

Also a quick question.

Does Rescue take ALL the Pokemon back to your hand? Or just the Highest evo stage?

RE: Which deck? (Cities)

Rescue Energy returns all the Pokemon cards on the Pokemon it is attached to back to the hand.

dmaster out.

RE: Which deck? (Cities/Masters)

Just a quick note, Dusknoir LV.X only becomes a Stadium if it's Active and is knocked out by Damage from an Opponent's attack, so spamming Shadow Command to knock yourself out does not help. I've done the same thing by accident and my friend just doubled up in laughter.

You have no search power in Tankgrowth so put in 3x Collector and 3x Bebe's. Engineer's Adjustment isn't consistent, POV may be a better choice. Aside from PONT, you don't have any draw power either. I advise Uxies, and an Azelf in case your Tangrowth LV.X gets prized (mine always does for some reason o_O)

Duskgar has way too many Pokemon Communications. They'll clog your hand lategame, and it's just cannon-fodder for Poltergeist and Vileplume variants. Again, you need more Collectors in Duskgar, in case you're stuck with a dead hand and only 1 Basic, or even 2.

You need Twins for both of these decks. 2x Twins in both, in case you're behind in prizes.

Sunshine Grace on Sunflora searches for grass types. I will add in a few bebes just to speed it up. Shadow command is only to help knock myself out. I made a mistake whilst I was typing. 1 collector added. However I`ve run the deck and it works smoothly with out them. I am as I type taking out 2 Comms.

You mean, by using Shadow Command you decrease your own HP. In doing so you entice your opponent to knock you out...right? @_@ You make it sound like you're using Shadow Command to KO yourself.

And Spiritomb AR can't evolve Pokemon to their LV.X counterparts. i.e. Spiritomb cannot Darkness Grace a Gengar into a Gengar LV.X,

This much I know, By then I would hope to have a bebes. And you are correct Shadow command would hopefully get me KO'ed byt their attacks faster to activate the stadium effect

Back