When was the last Rare Trainer card printed?

ashtavakra

Overlord
Is the new Ghetsis supporter card the only trainer card that is a * rarity in the current format, that ISN'T an ace spec?
I haven't been in the game for a while, and haven't payed attention to, but when was the last non special * rarity trainer card?

e/ ALSO, what do you all think the pull rate on ghetsis will be? considering it's rarity.

catchers are a hard pull, as well as skyla and other trainers that were only uncommons.
curious to the speculations of others.

RE: Ghetsis

The last regular rare Trainer (i.e., not an Ace Spec or Secret Rare like Time-Space Distortion, Charon's Choice and Here Comes Team Rocket!) was Apricorn Forest in Aquapolis during WOTC's run, but TPCi made some rare Energy cards (like delta Rainbow, Dark Metal, regular Darkness and Metal during Gen III, etc.)

As for rarity I'm sure Ghetsis will be the same rarity as any other non-holo Rare, but because people have a vested interest in pulling one, everyone will claim that it's short-printed etc like every other staple card...

lol, I just read on an article that japanese players are not even using Ghetsis because it turns out it is not that good... Yet, TPCi made it a rare probably because of the hype granting them more profit...

Re: Ghetsis

Idk how rare it will be, but I want my playset. :mad: I swear if I buy a box and there's only 1 or 2, I am gonna be mad.

Um I can almost guarantee you wont get more than one or two. Its a rare. You shouldnt be pulling 3-4 of the same non holo rare out of a box

Re: RE: Ghetsis

exdarkrai01 said:
Um I can almost guarantee you wont get more than one or two. Its a rare. You shouldnt be pulling 3-4 of the same non holo rare out of a box

Really? Then I should return every box I have ever bought. Most recently I pulled 6 (yes, six) Jumpluff from one box of DRX.

No joke. Six Jumpluffs. Granted, I love Jumpluff (12th favorite pokemon) but 6.

Please let me get 6 Ghetsis, TPCi. I would love you.

Metalizard said:
lol, I just read on an article that japanese players are not even using Ghetsis because it turns out it is not that good... Yet, TPCi made it a rare probably because of the hype granting them more profit...

the japanese game is much much different than here.
tcpi doesn't get profit per single card. I'm sure that isn't a worry.
They already know what they are getting. They sell the cards to retailers at a standard rate.

@Pell: You had one messed up box. lol Dragons Exalted had some extremely screwy pull rates. Realistically, you shouldn't pull more than 1 or 2 of a non-holo rare.

Metalizard said:

Which is wrong, because it was heavily played during Carnivals in the Amoonguss Control deck. No trolling here. Esa Juntuunen is a good blogger but he often screws up, if you read it in the DeckOut

Back