What's your rarest card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm not really sure. I have a 1st edition Charizard from Base Set in a glass case and I have a Shining Kabutops, as well as several ex Pokemon. Um, I have prerelease Aerodactyl, Misty's Seadra, Dark Gyarados, and some other hard to get promos (E3 Pikachu, etc). But I guess the hardest one supposedly to find out of the cards I have is the Prerelease Raichu from Base Set. People around me go nuts and offer a lot for it...

Alchemist_Almighty said:
But I guess the hardest one supposedly to find out of the cards I have is the Prerelease Raichu from Base Set. People around me go nuts and offer a lot for it...

Huh? No way! There are only 11 of those cards ever made. People have offered to wager their entire collection of cards just to battle some one with a Prerelease Raichu to get it if they win. Value is worth at least $5000.00. Do not sell it or give it away at any cost, unless you really need the money.

Is it possible to scan it? I know there are scans of it on the PokéGym, but can you scan it anyway? I'm having a hard time believing this. I think you would really impress everyone on this forum if you manage to upload a picture of it.

RE:  What's your rarest card?

Alchemist_Almighty said:
But I guess the hardest one supposedly to find out of the cards I have is the Prerelease Raichu from Base Set.  People around me go nuts and offer a lot for it...
*faints* *wakes up*, you have a what!?!, I'm (like docrobot) having a hard time believing that.
So many rare misprints here like the pikachu promo jungle. But the raichu beats it all.

Is this Raichu also a misprint?
Or is it just ultra rare because of the small amount of the card itself in the world? (only 11)

RE:   What's your rarest card?

DocRobot_K-176 said:
Alchemist_Almighty said:
But I guess the hardest one supposedly to find out of the cards I have is the Prerelease Raichu from Base Set.  People around me go nuts and offer a lot for it...

Huh?  No way!  There are only 11 of those cards ever made.  People have offered to wager their entire collection of cards just to battle some one with a Prerelease Raichu to get it if they win.  Value is worth at least $5000.00.  Do not sell it or give it away at any cost, unless you really need the money.

Is it possible to scan it?  I know there are scans of it on the PokéGym, but can you scan it anyway?  I'm having a hard time believing this.  I think you would really impress everyone on this forum if you manage to upload a picture of it.
^Same as above^

RE:  What's your rarest card?

MysteryE said:
Is this Raichu also a misprint?
Or is it just ultra rare because of the small amount of the card itself in the world? (only 11)
I taught that some raichu cards slipped inside the prerelease printer, nintendo took back some of them, but there are still around 10 left. docrobot, I think that there are more then 11, maybe in the old collection of cards that someone totally forgot that existed or someone who didn't know it was rare (maybe someone even ripped one, and is beating himself to dead when reading this)

You can pretty much quote Mew's PokéDex entry in Red and Blue, and it will describe Pre-Release Raichu:

"So rare that it is still said to be a mirage by many experts. Only a few people have seen it worldwide."

Seriously, though. This is the thread at the PokéGym that talks about Pre-Release Raichu, and makes up the bulk of the information that I talked about here:

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32583

The only card that might be higher in value is the No. 1 Trainer card, which you get by winning Worlds. But keep in mind that US $5000.00 is a low, conservative number.

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?p=401275#post401275

As you can see, there is good reason for everyone to be skeptical. But A_A, if you can send a scan of this card, I think it would be awesome. Oh, and a picture of yourself holding it as well would be even more awesome!

Still, I need proof that you actually own the card.

are these worth any....team rocket Dark raichu-83/82,  that raichu thats worth like $5000 in Japense(does it have any value)and a shining Magikarp and suicune*

i dunno mine....since i started like HL set.
maybe my meganium ex cause i heard there was a shortage of UF cards or something.
(oh, i had a registeel* too.)

I guess Dark Raichu was made much more rare in Japan than here in the US. I believe that Dark Raichu here has the rarity (probability of pulling) as that of a normal holo. I have one that is 1st ed. Over at the PokéGym, they say the range is US $5.00 - US $15.00. That is just for one that ist 1st ed, though.

I've always wondered why they discontinued printing 1st ed cards here in the U.S. I mean, they do it in Japan. So why did they stop here?

Mine:
OLD PROMO'S:
#0 Ancient Mew Movie Promo
#1 Pikachu (Pokemon League: 1998)
#2 Electabuzz Movie Promo
#3 Mewtwo Movie Promo
#4 Pikachu Movie Promo
#5 Dragonite Movie Promo
#6 Arcanine
#7 Jigglypuff
#8 Mew
#9 Mew (holo)
#10 GB Meowth
#11 Eevee (holo)
#14 Mewtwo
#15 Cool Porygon
#17 Dark Persian
#18 TR's Meowth
#19 Sabrina's Abra
#20 Psyduck
#21 Moltres
#22 Articuno
#23 Zapdos
#24 ______'s Pikachu (Birthday Pikachu)
#25 Flying Pikachu
#26 Pikachu (3-D art)
#28 Surfing Pikachu
#29 Marill (NOT PIKABLU)
#30 Togepi
#31 Cleffa
#32 Smeargle
#33 Scizor
#34 Entai
#35 Pichu
#36 Igglybuff
#37 Hitmontop
#38 Unown J
#39 Misdreavus
#42 Pokemon Tower
#43 Machamp
#44 Magmar
#45 Scyther
#46 Electabuzz
#47 Lilypad Mew
#48 Articuno
#49 Snorlax
#50 Celebi (e-reader)
WINNER STAMP:
Dark Ivysaur
Dark Venusaur
NEW PROMO'S:
#003 Treeko
#004 Grovyle (Winner Stamp)
#005 Mudkip
#006 Torchic
#009 Combusken (Winner Stamp)
#016 Treeko
#017 Torchic
#018 Mudkip
#019 Whismur
#029 Celebi (the same as #50 of the older promo's...but not an e-reader)
#030 Suicune
CC's & RC's:
Charmander (dragon)
Loudred (Em)
PRE-RELEASE:
Dark Gyarados (TR #1)
Misty's Seadra (Gym2)
Team Aqua's Cacnea (TA/TM)
Swalot (HL)
Dark Houndoom (TRR x2)
Wartortle (FR/LG)
Manectric (DX)
Grumpig (Em)
Bayleaf (UFO)
Tentacruel (Lm)
Shining's & "Star's":
Shining Raichu
Shining Tyranitar
Shining Gyarados
Shining Latias
Shining Latios
Shining Raikou
Shining Groudon
Shining Registeel
EX's:
Kyogre ex (promo...001)
Groudon ex (promo...002)
Armaldo ex (POP1: 16/17)
Tyranny ex (POP1: 17/17)
Hitmonchan ex
Chansey ex
Lapras ex
Scyther ex
Sneasel ex
Typhosion ex (Sandstorm)
Golem ex
Kingdra ex
Latias ex
Rayquaza ex (Dragon)
Regice ex
Clefable ex
TR's Articuno ex
TR's Hitmonchan ex
TR's Mewtwo ex (most likely to be traded off)
TR's Moltres ex
TR's Scyther ex
TR's Zapdos ex
Regirock ex (Em)
Registeel ex (Em thanx to Kaito for the trade)
Politoed ex
Typhosion ex (UFO)
TR's Persian ex (x2..UFO)
Celebi ex (UFO)
Jolteon ex (DS)
Vaporeon ex (DS)
Banette ex (on it's way to: Jade)
Other Promo's:
PokeTour 1999: Pikachu (Australia only card)
Dark Charmeleon "W" Stamp
Misty's Psyduck (Lv. 15) "W" Stamp
Brock's Vulpix (Lv. 16) "W" Stamp
Latias/Latios/Minun/Plusle (Trainer Kits)
Deoxys (japanese)
HOLO ENERGYS: (these are NOT from Emerald!!!)
Fighting
Grass
Fire
Recycle
Rainbow
POPS:
(POP1)
#1 Blaziken
#2 Metagross
#3 Rayquaza
#4 Sceptile
#6 Beautifly
#7 Masquerain
#8 Murkrow
#9 Pupitar
#10 Torkoal
#11 Larvitar
#12 Minun
#13 Plusle
#14 Surskit
#15 Swellow
#16 Armaldo ex
#17 Tyranny ex
(POP2:)
#1 Entai
#3 Raikou
#4 Suicune
#5 Tauros
#7 Ivysaur
#8 Mr. Briney's Compassion
#9 Multi TM 01
#11 T.V. Reporter
#12 Bulbasaur
#13 Cacnea
#14 Luvdisc
#15 Phanpy
#16 Pikachu (same from base set)
(POP3):
#8 Donphan
#10 High Pressure System
#11 Low Pressure System
#12 Ditto (as Mr. Mime)
#13 Eevee
#15 Marshtomp
#16 Pichu Bros.
That's all I've got!

>_< I don't have a scanner.

I'm not kidding though.  Is there seriously only like 11 of those out there?

*takes Charizard out of protector and sticks Raichu in*

I had no idea it was that rare...well, in about 3 years or so, when I'm about to pay off my student loans, I guess I have a trump card ;).

EDIT: Uh, yeah, I'm definitely trying to get a pic up somehow though. I sort of stepped into a really deep bucket claiming to have one of those cards and now, since my ego (and reputation) is on the line, I have a LOT more to gain than lose by getting a pic of me holding this thing up. That way the speculation will cease.

If it means anything though, I had a close family member working with Wizards at the time (is how I got introduced into the card game) and I received it from him. He DID say it was the best card out there, guess this is what he meant. I just figured it was the first Prerelease card for the first set, nothing more.

That's a pretty good explanantion for how you got the card. I seriously don't know how to get it otherwise.

Yeah, take a picture of it, and then put the card in one of those card protectors with the screws, and then in the most heavily armored safe that you can find (fireproof, of course), and put the safe in the most difficult to access place that you can find. Not sure how much its value will increase over the years, even if the TCG eventually ends. It's your call what to do with it.

Wow, lots of people with rare cards, from 1st ed Pikachu Promo misprints, KS signed 1st ed Charizards, to the elusive Prerelease Raichu misprint. Here are some other rare cards that I know of:

-Reverse Holo TV Reporter
-Dark Dragonite (original Team Rocket) misprint (supposed to be holo, but not. numbered as though it is holo)
-Championship Arena
-Tropical Tidal Wave
-Tropical Wind
-Base Set Ninetales w/o damage

Does anyone have any of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back