XY What Type might Sylveon be?

RE: What Type might Ninfia be???

Blob55 said:
Articuno144 said:
This, this, this!

I don't think it's a bad move, Eevee was always said to have unstable DNA. But what if it evolves during the one time that the DNA IS stable? Makes perfect sense to me that there has to be a form for Eevee that hasn't been altered by the elements.

What about evolving to have Ribbons means "Stable DNA" to you? Why would it evolve that way?

Perhaps how its just styled up instead of gaining powers.

Mitja said:
Eevee is not the Normal-type equivalent of eeveelutions, hence a Normal type eeveelution is just as valid. (an eeveelution has 525 total stats, with one stat even at a whooping 130)

I've already acknowledged that a normal type evolution is fair game for this very reason. My rhetoric here is that it would be a funny move. Because, as someone alluded to earlier, fans will not be impressed, and it's more than likely going right down to NU. And, i'm honestly kind of bummed, because the audino-ish colors and plain look of the design definitely hints at it possibly being Normal.

Mitja said:
As I've speculated since forever... what better way is there to slow down the neverending eeveelution-fan-demand than by making a single "cherry on top" Normal evolution?
Personally I don't want Eevee to get overdone with unfitting types for the sake of obliging silly fan wishes

What reason do they have for slowing down the demand for Eeveelutions? Why wouldn't they want to oblige to the obvious wishes of their prospectors? And why wouldn't they want extra hype surrounding the franchise as a result of giving eevee a new typing? Part of a good business is making your customers happy, so I'm not sure why they would purposefully oppose the very thing the fans want.

They brought the "neverending eeveelution fan-demand" upon themselves as soon as they decided to create leafeon and glaceon. It would be hard to believe that they didn't see that coming, and as a result have a desire to slow down the demand.

Mitja said:
Maybe they don't feel confident with the types that are left.

I understand what you are saying here but why would there be any less confidence in a poison or bug type for instance? It's no less viable than creating Leafeon.

Blob55 said:
I was hoping the normal type Eeveelution would be brown. But instead, we get this disaster. I want it to be Poison Type just for spite.
PLEASE don't let it be OU! I'm sick of my fav Eeveelutions being NU/RU. :(

Articuno144 said:
This, this, this!

I don't think it's a bad move, Eevee was always said to have unstable DNA. But what if it evolves during the one time that the DNA IS stable? Makes perfect sense to me that there has to be a form for Eevee that hasn't been altered by the elements.

What about evolving to have Ribbons means "Stable DNA" to you? Why would it evolve that way?

That seems pretty normal for a normal type.. don't you think..?

I'm starting to wonder if it's normal/flying now. I'd actually love that!

By the way, I absolutely hate Glaceon and Leafon. I thought creating them was the worst idea they could have come up with for reasons stated above, that they paved the way for more and more eeveelutions. If they realise they made a mistake by doing this then adding a normal type to close things may be a way to fix it!!
Despite there being eeveelution fans, there are an awful lot of people who don't want one of every type too.

Articuno144 said:
Blob55 said:
I was hoping the normal type Eeveelution would be brown. But instead, we get this disaster. I want it to be Poison Type just for spite.
PLEASE don't let it be OU! I'm sick of my fav Eeveelutions being NU/RU. :(

That seems pretty normal for a normal type.. don't you think..?

I'm starting to wonder if it's normal/flying now. I'd actually love that!

By the way, I absolutely hate Glaceon and Leafon. I thought creating them was the worst idea they could have come up with for reasons stated above, that they paved the way for more and more eeveelutions. If they realise they made a mistake by doing this then adding a normal type to close things may be a way to fix it!!
Despite there being eeveelution fans, there are an awful lot of people who don't want one of every type too.

How are Ribbons on a normal type considered normal? Ribbons are what you get in contests, not what your Pokémon have attached to them.

^Because normal types have a tradition of being pink and including a lot of cutesy fairy type stuff.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks Eevee is just horribly overdone and that an evolution of every type would be little more than pointless pandering.

Bogleech said:
^Because normal types have a tradition of being pink and including a lot of cutesy fairy type stuff.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks Eevee is just horribly overdone and that an evolution of every type would be little more than pointless pandering.

At first sight, I disliked it but seeing fanarts of it and comparing with other eeveelution traits, I really like it. I don't /love/ it but I do like it.

@Articuno144: lol, imo Leafeon was obligatory. Glaceon was not totally necessary I guess, but Leafeon is different. Since gen 1 people wondered about a Grass-type eeveelution, and Leafeon turned out just fine. And even Glaceon was decent... I also don't think there must be an eeveelution for each type, but all eeveelutions until now were based on special elements, so I think Leafeon and Glaceon were good additions.
This new one is a freakin' disaster... Its design sucks, it doesn't really look that much like an eeveelution, and it's stupid as a normal-type eeveelution (it will most likely be normal-type). It just doesn't make sense, If eevee was to evolve into a normal-type, the evolution should look more like eevee and be brown colored, not think pink overdose with ribbons... Also, coming now with a normal-type evolution for eevee is kinda late, if they wanted to do it, they should have done it right in gen 1...

I suppose they probably would have hinted at it in the scans, but it would be pretty cool if Ninfia were a Ghost type. Like maybe at night its ribbons would get all tattered-looking and it would get a purplish color palette.

That's probably not gonna happen, but it'd be cool. u_u

Otherwise out of all the types...

Normal - Sadly this is the most likely. I mean it doesn't look like they're introducing any other eeveelutions this gen, so the type would have to be pretty "special". The design is plainish and the bows are pretty Normal-looking. Maybe it will be gender exclusive??? Maybe there will be a counterpart who knows.

Flying - Also likely, though less so. I think everyone else has already pointed out that the ribbons look like they could be used for sort of aerodynamic purposes. The main problems here are that it doesn't have any other Flying type features like wings or cloud motifs, and the only way it could really fly would be by using the ribbons as like helicopter things and honestly that's ridiculous. But maybe the ribbons and bows can expand and let it glide??? Maybe it can like turn into wind or something???? Who knows.

Dragon - Honestly this is just kind of wishful thinking. Altaria's a Dragon type because the creature it was based on was part dragon so stop using it as an argument for "oh but Dragon types don't have to be scary!!!". Unlikely? Yes. Hilarious if true? Also yes.

Bug - No. Bug types look like insects. That is why they are called Bug types. The only exception might be the Pineco line (honestly besides Pineco being a pinecone I really don't know much about what they're based on). But those are only two Pokemon amid the insect swarm! If Ninfia were to be a Bug type it would need to look way more...buggy. An extra pair of pointy insect limbs and maybe a butterfly design, not "its bows look like butterflies so it must be Bug".

Fighting - Eh...if the ribbons could be used to punch things then maybe? It looks far too gentle and cute though, in my opinion. It would be an interesting surprise, however.

Ghost - See above first paragraph or so.

Every Other Possibility - No.

NEW TYPE WHOA - This has a .00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance of happening. It's interesting to speculate though, considering that so far it's getting people really confused when we look at the existing types. And also it sparkles on the Pikachu short poster I am really not sure how to explain that besides that it might be because Ninfia is ~*~new and shiny~*~

There was also this interesting theory that it might be a Normal type, but it could mimic the types of the other Eeveelutions? Take a look at this, it seems pretty plausible. http://adventuresofanawesomeguy.tumblr.com/post/42957764497/ninfia-nympheon

And honestly I don't think they'll stop with the Eeveelutions. Eevee is literally like one of the most popular Pokemon in the entire franchise! Whether one likes it or not they'll probably continue to make them, even if Ninfia is a Normal type and a supposed "cherry on top". Heck maybe they'll just create the rest of the types and then have one of those Eeveelutions be the cherry on top for them.

Also I kind of think it would be unfair to not make every type. After all that kind of seems like the entire point of Eevee (at least now it does)??? Making more wouldn't be as pandering as making another Cute Electric Rodent in my opinion, because at least there's a reason to do so (filling out all type options) instead of "oh this generation needs a cute mascot!!!".

My bet is on Normal, but as a female-only evolution with a male counterpart that hasn't been revealed yet. ("Ninfia" is obviously referring to Nymphs, who are female deities.) Maybe the stars at the end of the movie logo imply that the other evolution will show up at the end of the mini-movie? It's all very ~mysterious.

Mitja said:
My point was that
None of them are "Flying"-specialized enough to be primary Flying.
Hence Ninfia is even less qualified than all of those.

Apparently, you totally missed mine. Most of the Pokemon that aren't Flying that look like they could be aren't simply because they'd need a third type to do so. That doesn't make them any less "Flying specialized". And in what way is Ninfia less qualified than stuff like Gyarados and Mantine that aren't even airborne Pokemon?

PMJ said:
Could you imagine if Ninfia was dual-typed? Oh god, the butthurt from fans would be off the charts.

Now that's just trolling. No, I don't think they'll make dual type Eeveelutions because then people will want one for each type combination. And that'd be absolutely ridiculous because then there'd be 200some different Eeveelutions, you'd have enough to make an entire regional dex out of them (please don't get any ideas on that, people).

Blob55 said:
I was hoping the normal type Eeveelution would be brown.

Pretty much this, you'd expect a Normal type Eeveelution to resemble Eevee more than the others.

Bogleech said:

Okay, I'm sick of statements like these where they justify stupid patterns like these with the nonsense of "tradition". Fact of the matter is, not all pink Pokemon are Normal types, that's not a good enough reason to say that this thing is.

dee said:
Maybe the stars at the end of the movie logo imply that the other evolution will show up at the end of the mini-movie? It's all very ~mysterious.

The purple symbol with the stars around it is supposed to represent Espeon, actually.

I believe it will be normal type like Eevee as I believe this evolution of Eevee is actually Eevee's 2nd evo :D Like Pikachu to riachu for example :D

Bolt the Cat said:
The purple symbol with the stars around it is supposed to represent Espeon, actually.

Yes for the purple, but the stars as well? No other symbol has an "accessory" aside from Eevee's tail and Ninfia's bow. I'm not sure why the starts were associated with Espeon (it's not shiny in the movie, it doesn't even evolve at night).

I think the stars might actually be more of Ninfia, since we see it using Swift in the scan. Maybe it's friends with Espeon in the short?

Xerneas said:
I believe it will be normal type like Eevee as I believe this evolution of Eevee is actually Eevee's 2nd evo :D Like Pikachu to riachu for example :D

What?

Bolt the Cat said:
No, I don't think they'll make dual type Eeveelutions because then people will want one for each type combination. And that'd be absolutely ridiculous because then there'd be 200some different Eeveelutions, you'd have enough to make an entire regional dex out of them (please don't get any ideas on that, people).

Haha 'Eevee: The Game'

however on a completely unrelated note eevee would be a cool starter pokemon.

Back on track:
Normal type evo seems pretty useless, and i know, yeah, for the stat boosts, but normal types arent that great. You may argue that normal types learn a variety of types of moves by tm, but most, if not all, normal types learn the same of those moves (thunderbolt, ice beam, etc)
I would prefer this to be something other than normal, ANYTHING other than normal. Its just not needed, but its likely. oh well, its not like we have to use it at all.

Watch Ninfia actually be a ghost type and at night it turns into some ghostly thing?

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:
My point was that
None of them are "Flying"-specialized enough to be primary Flying.
Hence Ninfia is even less qualified than all of those.

Apparently, you totally missed mine. Most of the Pokemon that aren't Flying that look like they could be aren't simply because they'd need a third type to do so. That doesn't make them any less "Flying specialized". And in what way is Ninfia less qualified than stuff like Gyarados and Mantine that aren't even airborne Pokemon?

I said
"Not even any of the birds that are actually airborne was "Flying" enough for them to justify a primary Flying type."

you responded
"And yet stuff like Gyarados, Mantine, and Jumpluff are."

They are not. They are merely secondary Flying.

EDIT:
Whoa, names revealed
English: Sylveon
French: Nymphali
German: Feelinara

we see it using Swift...A normal move no eeveelution learns
and Trump Card...a normal move that only unevolved Eevee learns.

I bet one of the other is Last Resort..although it looks more like Focus Blast or something.

I have a hunch they will add Swift to Eevees learnset and make it evolve after learning it...this would serve as a fake level up evolution of Eevee which sounds very fitting if it turns out to be Normal.
Why Swift? cause its been depicted with stars too much lol.

The names..
sylph, nymph, fee.
FEE in german means fairy, which fits the other two words.

Mitja said:
Bolt the Cat said:
I said
"Not even any of the birds that are actually airborne was "Flying" enough for them to justify a primary Flying type."

you responded
"And yet stuff like Gyarados, Mantine, and Jumpluff are."

They are not. They are merely secondary Flying.

EDIT:
Whoa, names revealed
English: Sylveon
French: Nymphali
German: Feelinara

we see it using Swift...A normal move no eeveelution learns
and Trump Card...a normal move that only unevolved Eevee learns.

I bet one of the other is Last Resort..although it looks more like Focus Blast or something.

I have a hunch they will add Swift to Eevees learnset and make it evolve after learning it...this would serve as a fake level up evolution of Eevee which sounds very fitting if it turns out to be Normal.
Why Swift? cause its been depicted with stars too much lol.

The names..
sylph, nymph, fee.
FEE in german means fairy, which fits the other two words.

Every Flying type in existence is a secondary Flying type except Tornadus, so there's really no way to define a primary Flying type at this point anyway. It could easily have a wind theme and still pass off as pure Flying.

This is from the main site even though the info was posted already. The video isn't half bad.

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us/

Why is it SylVeon if it's supposed to be based on a SylPH? I couldn't even tell with the Syl that it's supposed to be Sylph (Thought it was Sylvester...).

Sylveon = Sylph = air spirit elemental = Flying-type.

Confirmed on the Pokemon XY website that it'll be a new type. Clue in the name. Come on people it's quite obvious!!

Back