Discussion what to play at league cup

cykotik414

Aspiring Trainer
hello all,

i’m going quite a drive to a league cup, so i do not know what players would be playing at that card shop. just needed some tips on what deck should i run. i can basically make any of the meta decks.

any zoroark gx decks
buzzwole, lycanroc, golisopod

garb variants
greninja break
gardevoir gx

it just sucks i’m building last minute. but i can easily test decks online. my last league cup I bubbled, so i just wanna earn a top 8 at least, just keep getting better and better.

ps. i feel confident with any deck i go forth with, it’s just hard to decide what to play since i play with so many decks online.

thanks all in advance

I would go with Grady, as I just won a standard league cup today with it. Christopher shemanske's list is something that a lot of people feel comfortable with so you should probably run that

A deck that I think is a good play for league cups is Raichu, since it does fairly well against a lot of the meta, It's easy to pick up, and It's a consistent deck that nobody's expecting. Note that I'm saying this for league cups, not regionals, since it can have problems against certain decks in a best 2/3 scenario, where some of the surprise is gone. You don't need any of the extra Mag or Electrode garbage, so all you need that isn't already staples are the 4-4 Raichu GX line, 2 Raikou and a Xurkitree GX. If you can't get all 4 Raichu AND a Xurkitree, don't bother. If you think this is too risky or an absurd idea, just play a deck that you're comfortable with that can go 50-50 to Brokenvoir

A deck that I think is a good play for league cups is Raichu, since it does fairly well against a lot of the meta, It's easy to pick up, and It's a consistent deck that nobody's expecting. Note that I'm saying this for league cups, not regionals, since it can have problems against certain decks in a best 2/3 scenario, where some of the surprise is gone. You don't need any of the extra Mag or Electrode garbage, so all you need that isn't already staples are the 4-4 Raichu GX line, 2 Raikou and a Xurkitree GX. If you can't get all 4 Raichu AND a Xurkitree, don't bother. If you think this is too risky or an absurd idea, just play a deck that you're comfortable with that can go 50-50 to Brokenvoir
Actually that is smart. Today, Raichu/Electrode was on top 4 for masters when I had to leave. There were 4 pod/zoroarks, including pramawat, who lost in T8 in the mirror. Top 8 was 4 pod/zoroark(one was Michael Pramawat) , 1 Metagross, 1 Raichu/Electrode, 1 Lycanroc/Zoroark, and 1 Volcanion. Top 4 was two pod/zoroarks (Guaranteed because there were two mirrors), Raichu beat Volcanion, and Lycanroc/Zoroark beat the metagross. I had to leave after that but the T4 matches were pod/Zoroark against Lycanroc/Zoroark and pod/Zoroark against Raichu but past that idk what happened.

i think i will go with some type of anti zoroark gx deck. think buzzwole sniping with espeon ex would be okay deck, along with garbotoxin

thanks for all the insights. i really like the raichu gx deck, but never really played lightning too often

yes, i do have a gardevoir gx deck

i think that i’m trying to stay away from stage 2 evolutions. just basic attackers like buzzwole can attack while warming up for golisopod or espeon to finish em off

seeing a lot of turbo buzzwole w/ lycanroc at league cup.

so far i played vs all my weakness... buzzwole sand volcanion, only won against rainbow road. o well. next league cup next saturday, will try again

Back