Help What to Include in a Lurantis-GX Deck?

GT Grex

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys since I had my first tcg tournament last weekend my gf wants to play the tcg as well. When I asked what she would like to play she answered (the new) Lurantis-GX.

My question is like: what would you guys MUST and DON'T put in this deck (please don't say fomantis only)? Would you guys think it is a support card for something else or which support would you gave it?
Vileplume/lurantis? Garbador/lurantis? Jolteon-ex/glacion-ex/lurantis? Giratina/lurantis?
If you guys would like to come up with a decklist to state your thoughts would be appreciated!

Moved from the Deck Garage to the TCG Help as the Deck Garage is for posting your full 60-card decklists for feedback. ~bbninjas

It will take plenty of trial and error, and playing against different kinds of decks before there is a combo with Lurantis that is obvious. I am going to test it using Vaporeon and Jolteon AOR first, since lurantis is a stage 1.
My original idea:
3-3 Lurantis and Lurantis GX
4 Fomantis
2 Eevee
1 or 2 of each vaporeon and jolteon (probably to be somewhere along the lines of 2 vaporeon and 1 jolteon, since vaporeon is more helpful due to lurantis' weakness)
Don't forget to throw some Shaymin in there!
I've heard of people wanting to use Plume, but i feel it would be too inconsistent. I would like to see a way to get energy to the discard like Volcanion-EX's steam up so Lurantis GX's first attack would have more utility from the get-go. Lurantis could be a part of the upcoming meta, if someone can think of a way to make it faster.

I've been testing a vileplume build recently, it's very consistent. Just put in a 1-1 shiinotic line and you can find every grass Pokemon you need under item lock. The deck does play three shaymin, so it's a little more pricey than you might want.

Crescent

Back