XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

Already posted my Y team. For X, I'm thinking:

Delphox (Fire/Psychic) - I still love it, especially now the wand is back. Switching to Greninja for my first game was just because of team synergy.

Blastoise (Water) - My second favorite Kanto starter. Mega Launcher sounds pretty cool.

Tyrantrum (Rock/Dragon) - He's undeniably amazing. Excited to use him.

Hawlucha (Fighting/Flying) - He's so weird and awesome. I hope he's actually decent despite being a basic stage.

Helioisk (Electric/Normal) - I really like his design, and his stats seems solid.

Treveant (Grass/Ghost) - Awesome design, and also seems to have some impressive stats. And I love a new type combo.

RE: What Pokemon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Ever Changing List Here!

[Alright since I'm getting both games like a total professional (not to nitpick at anyone else), these are gonna be my teams:
Take note, I hate to stick with the same Pokemon.. so I'll be more than likely switching them up a lot xDD
X -
1. Fennekin, Torchic, Charmander.
(Well let's see, my most favorite design from the start, and Delphox is kinda growing on me. Also it's gonna be a wicked Special Sweeper, I bet. As for the others, Torchic because SPEED BOOST, and that Mega Charizard X is gonna rock the house.)

2. Gogoat
(Let's face it; SKIDDO. IS. THE. MOST. KAWAII. and carefree little. bleater I have ever seen in my life, and Gogoat is gonna be another Sawsbuck.. hopefully, regarding Speed, Attack, and Special Defense, that is.. and maybe it'll have some decent HP to boot, but hey Rock Slide is just.. yesssssss! )

3. Clauncher, Lapras, Lanturn, Starmie, Kingdra, Sharpedo, Cloyster Floatzel, Basculin or Gyarados.
(While I'm highly disappointed Clauncher's evolution didn't take the dual type route like Skrelp did, its evo still looks tolerable, to say the least.. and if it gets Dragon Dance like Corphish can, ohoho I'm gonna have a blast with it. If not, then eh I'll just stick to using DD'Dos. On the other hand, Kingdra also gets Dragon Dance, Lanturn's a solid tank, Lapras is just pure awesome.. because along with my Breloom and Yanmega in SoulSilver, I cleared the Battle Frontier. As for Starmie, hehe.. well let's just say some Water types live up to the reputation of epic and plentiful. Floatzel, it's fur-covered, a weasel, and a pretty fast physical attacker. Sharpedo, well.. its Dream World ability is a BLAST to abuse. As for Cloyster, I'm really digging its Shell Smash combo.. even though it's kinda annoying to face, competitively. Also I loved Basculin more than I did Feebas and Magikarp.. so who cares if it doesn't evolve yet..)

4. Flygon, Garchomp, Tyrantrum, Ferrothorn, Magneton, Metagross, Tyranitar, Nidoking, Krookodile, Hydriegon, Dragonite, Druddigon, Zygarde.
(Like before, I've grown very fond of these, ESPECIALLY Tyrantrum and Ferrothorn. But.. at the same time, poor Steel types got a big ol' nerf.. then again, that's what happens when new types come about, I guess.. with Fairy on the horizon and whatnot, and Serene Jirachi having been in 5th Gen OU for so long.. but eh, oh well.. Electivire is gonna make me rage so much this Gen though.. haha. Still, Flygon and Garchomp are good bets for it, due to obvious type advantages. Tyranitar.. it's a dinosaur thing, so why not? Metagross, Bullet Punch baby!! Nidoking.. ohoho, I have one on my Black 2 Ground type team, and with Life Orb + Sheer Force, it's a real powerhouse! Krookodile.. haha well along with Houndoom, it's one of my favorite Dark types.. As for Magneton, well it's pretty bulky and cool to use with Eviolite, y'know? Hydriegon, Dragonite, Druddigon, and Zygarde are all wicked awesome in both design and concept.. although Zygarde's still kinda new to me, but HEY it's the perfect.. well almost perfect, balance to Xerneas and Yveltal, although its STAB is negated by both of their types.. which makes me feel sad for the big guy.)

5. Salamence, Aerodactyl, Yanmega, Hawlucha, Sigilyph, Talonflame, Staraptor, Reuniclus, Linoone, Crobat.
(This is a bit more simple. Salamence, Dragon Dance. Heracross, Guts. Reuniclus, why not? Sigilyph, Flame Orb + Wonder Guard. Aerodactyl, 'cuz with its DW ability and good nature + EVs & IVs, you can nickname it Old Spice! :DD Also Persim Berry hold item included. Hawlucha, FIRST FIGHTING/FLYING, yeah baby! Talonflame.. o_o Do I even need to explain? Great design, concept, name.. and moves, just dear god. Fletchling is also super adorable! Staraptor.. let's just say this, one of the best Flying types of Sinnoh. Also for Linoone, Zigzagoon is just.. adorable as well.. Yanmega is another great Flying type of Sinnoh, with my third favorite being Togekiss.. Honchkrow is a bit.. fat, in my opinion, but then again it is.. a 'boss' sorta Pokemon, so whatever I guess. As for Crobat, because a speedy Pokemon is my kind of Pokemon, especially if it has thankfully good stats all around.)

6. Gengar, Chandelure, Mamoswine, Crygonal, Weavile, Durant, Skarmory, Noivern, Noctowl, Gliscor, Scizor or Scyther (can't decide.), Altaria, Xerneas.

(Can't really come up with reasons for these.. but if you know me, you'll kinda get why I like this particular selection to choose from, ahaha.)

Y-

1. Chespin, Torchic, Bulbasaur
(Mostly the same as above.. although I'm not really digging Chesnaught.. it seems off.. cool design, but not so much in typing.. well then again, Grass is just realllllly vunerable, y'know?)

2. Dugtrio, Golurk, Gigalith, Golem, Aggron, Scizor, Escavalier
(Dugtrio for the obvious high Speed, and I've never really.. used Golem before.. as for the others, can't come up with reasons other than No Guard Golurk, and Bullet Punch Scizor, ahaha.)

3. Gourgeist, Trevenant, Ariados, Yveltal, Electrode, Accelgor, Drifblim, Heracross, Mienshao.
(Like above, can't really.. list much, but Accelgor and Electrode are pretty blazing fast, Heracross is one of my favorite Bug types.. and Yveltal, I know, will be later on.. but eh who cares, all three major legends this gen have awesome designs!)

And that's all I can think of for now.. plus I'm not really fond of the Y exclusives.. especially not Skrelp.. because that red eye it is.. just.. terrifying to look at, and poor Clauncher stays a pure Water type even when evolving.. Oh well, these games are gonna be great, I can just feel it! ]​

Vivillion, just because of all these "mysterious" wing patterns. I love the mystery and it makes it very interesting and makes me want it on my team :p
Plus, isn't it #666? Interesting...

(I read the first post again but it didn't say outright whether we had to edit our first post or go ahead and make a new one when editing our teams..)

Okay, so after poking around and gathering more information I've come to somewhat amend my previous list.

Fennekin>>Delphox Male, Nickname: still undecided.. I loved Delphox from the start but seeing him wield his stick/wand made me even more excited for my beautiful foxy-mage. <3

Bulbasaur>>Venusaur Male, Nickname: still undecided.. While I'd still rather use as many 6th gen pokemon as I can I just can't leave my little bulbababy in a box. Plus, he may come in handy for keeping those pesky fairies away from my dragons.

Eevee>Sylveon Male, Nickname: possibly Juli/Julian/Julius (I also have a few female names picked out so I'm still undecided here) As Ka$h Money said: "You aren't doing this gen correctly if you don't have a fairy type." lol, personally I have to agree.

Ideally I'd still like to find a Goomy (all aboard the goom train! ) and a Noibat up for trade ASAP since I found out they're pretty late game and as I mentioned before I prefer to have my team together fairly early. I'm guessing Goomy is going to be a hot commodity for a couple days though.. At the very least I'd like to get my little Noibat but on top of it all I'll need females so I can breed my own as I don't use traded pokemon on my teams.. I'm making this harder on myself than it needs to be. orz

I still haven't decided on a water type.. I thought about Skrelp even though Dragalge will lose his water type thus making him the third dragon on my team.. And then going back to the problem above as I will be playing X.

I really only want a water type so I can have surf handy without using up a move space for some other random mon who happens to be able to learn it. It was handy on my Bouffalant but not very effective in battle..

For a little while I kind of thought of ditching the water type and going with Amaura>Aurorus but I still don't know how I feel about that..

Only 24 more hours and I'll be playing.. I need to get this figured out! lol

I have finally chosen my team, with some rotations included :D

Delphox - My favourite starter from the generation from the start, and the fact it uses a wand makes it even better. I also really like the typing!
Furfrou - I wanted something gimmicky, and I think his ability is great
Gourgeist - For some reason, I just really like this pokemon's design and really wanted to use it on my team
Pangoro - Panda with a capething? Yes please! Nice typing too
Sylveon - If a new type is going to be introduced, you got to at least try it out :D
Dragalge - I don't normally use poison types, and I needed something that could learn a few water moves. A big plus is his cool design

I have two extra pokemon that I will be rotating in:
Jolteon - I need something speedy, and I love Jolteon anyway
Talonflame - I thought his design was awesome, and I want to be able to take part in skybattles!

I would love to use
Mega PINSIR < He's so badass
Greninja
Aegislash < Blade forme
Tyrantrum
Dragalge < Poison and dragon makes an epic combo
Charizard

I think I'll use this team for Pokemon X:

Fennekin - Braxien - Delphox: I'm really happy about Delphox being Fire/Psychic and I actually really like the design.
Bulbasaur - Ivysaur - Venusaur: At first, I was only going to use Gen 6 Pokemon but I wanted a Mega Pokemon on my team and Bulbasaur is my favourite Kanto starter. Hopefully, Venusaur can be my fairy-slayer.
Goomy - Sliggoo - Goodra: I'm a bit disappointed Goodra didn't get a second typing but I love her anyway <3
Tyrunt - Tyrantrum: As soon as I saw Tyrunt I knew he had to be on my team.

For the last two slots, I'm undecided. I'm thinking about maybe Heliolisk for the 5th slot or a Flying type Pokemon so I can take part in sky-battles. I was considering Noivern but it looks like it's really late in the game and it would be the third dragon type on my team. I also want to use a Fairy type Pokemon but I don't really like any we have so far. Maybe Gardevoir?

Ok this is my final team for X. Can't wait to play. (Sadly I preordered at GameStop so I have to wait till tomorrow).

Chesnaught - I always pick the grass starter and I fell in love with Chespin from the moment I saw it. Chesnaught threw me off a bit and I wasn't too happy about the Grass/Fighting typing but the beast grew on me with time. I'm hoping for a high attack and decent physical move pool (possibly with Bulk Up).

Charizard - I originally was going to choose Blastoise and use Blaziken as my fire type, but Chesnaught's typing and Mega Charizard X veered me off that path quickly. Charizard also knocks out my need for the obligatory flyer and it's X mega form is awesome. I was never really into Charizard (Venusaur FTW) but it just made the most sense, of all the Kanto starters, to add to my team

Ampharos - Ampharos is one of my favorite pokemon (as seen in my signature) and that's probably the main reason it'll be on my team. The other more obvious thing is that it Mega Evolves! It gains the mane and the dragon type. What's not to love about it? I'm really glad they gave it this boost. Now all I need is Mega Ludicolo and I can die happy lol.

Aurorus - I'm partial to the less popular things in pokemon (choosing the less popular version, starter, fossil etc.) and this is no exception. As soon as I saw the fossils I knew which one would be going against the crowd and I didn't mind it at all. I actually like this pokemon a lot and it's ability, Refrigerate, will make for an interesting move set. I can't wait to use it.

Gengar - My all time favorite pokemon is Gastly so when I heard Gengar was getting a Mega Evolution I flipped! I'm not into it's design but the original ghost getting a boost is more than I could have ever hoped for. Thank you GF for giving my main man Gengar a mega.

Flygon - I need a ground type for coverage of poison and electric (I'm ok with not having a steel or poison for fairy) and what better than another one of my favorite pokemon? I'll probably stick with Diggersby until I can catch a Trapinch though.

I can't believe so many of my favorites are in this game, it just makes me more excited to play it. I'm counting the seconds until I have my X in hand.

EDIT: I don't know if Aurorus can learn surf, if not I'm probably willing to give up Ampharos' spot for a surfer (or maybe a steel/poison for fairy if it seems to matter).

Here it is ladies and gentlemen, it's THE FINAL TEAM.
Carefully examined by only the best scientists, this new and FINAL edition of my team comes in not one, not two, BUT SIX POKEMON.
With COLOR!

HONORARY FIRST SPOT:
FENNEKIN.

Fennekin, the one of the starters that YOU choose at the beginning of the game.
At the beginning of this year, I was a strong member of #TeamFroakie.
But now, after Fennekin has fully unleashed his glory as a mage, I have moved over to #TeamFennekin, to join forces.
With fuzzy ears and a love for twigs, Fennekin will be my starter!

Her name shall be Princess Pyr!

THE SECOND BROTHER:
SKIDDO.

This little goat shall be a part of my team for various reasons.
You can ride on it, it can leap over ledges!
It's horns can feel you, and it grows to be a best worthy of riding into battle.

After much data and analyzing, I have decided to name him Leafhorn.

THE THIRD ADDITION:
SKRELP.

Only exclusive to Y version, this toxic seahorse can camouflage itself to be one of nature....dead nature.
It snatches unwary prey, and poisons it's enemies. It is the ultimate Fairy Slayer.
It also turns into a monstrous dragon, capable of taking down ships that dare crawl into its territory.

I name him Florish!

THE FOURTH FAIRY:
SWIRLIX.

Swirlix is a dog that eats sweets.
It's grown a pink coating to protect it from attack, and it does not let his friends sleep in the rage of battle.
He lives in the X dimension, so I would humbly request a Swirlix from one of you.

If you could, can you name him Shoogs?

FIVE FOR MEGA:
PINSIR

A bug that also lives in the X dimension, he is gifted with a Mega Evolution in X and Y!
He turns into a monstrous flying bug, with horns that have horns themselves.
Quite a sight to see, he will make a fine addition for my team.

If anyone is willing to trade a Pinsir, would you name him El Cid?

FINAL FIGHT SIX:
HAWLUCHA

This wrestling bird shall compete in the various sky battles around the region!
Not only that, he will also help us get around the place!
Did I also mention that he gets a duel type move?

His name shall be...Olympico!

So there it is ladies and gentlemen, my team for X and Y!
Are you ready to enter Kalos?

I think I have my team figured out...

-Malamar: I absolutely LOVE her design, easily one of my top favorites of Gen 6, and I love her dark/psychic combination...that's always one I've wanted to see!

-Tyrantrum: I love dinosaurs, and I'm glad they finally made a new, menacing carnivore! He's absolutely fantastic, another of my top favorite designs!

-Gourgeist: Her design isn't quite as good as I hoped when I saw "pumpkin themed ghost" but Halloween is one of my great loves, so I absolutely MUST have her on my team! Pumpkaboo is so adorable though!

-Klefki: I want a fairy type on my team, and Klefki is really the only one that stands out to me and I love it's design. I do like Florges as well, but it'll be too much of a common choice, so I'll go with Klefki even though it's also steel type :/

-Dragalge: I need a water type, and the only ones I like are him, Barbaracle, and Mega Gyarados. Barbaracle is rock, which is the worst type in the game, and I already have Tyrantrum, and Mega Gyarados can't be obtained until after the elite 4.

-Mega Charizard Y: I've loved Charizard since R/B, and I really love his Y form. I'm also getting Y, so this works out. Mega Houndoom is the only other Mega form I'm in love with, but he's not obtainable until after elite 4...plus I'd have to trade for a Houndour from X.

No starters on my team, but I've only liked and used the starters for the first 3 gens anyways (Charizard, Feraligatr, and Sceptile)

X master race

Tarazuma said:
-Dragalge: I need a water type, and the only ones I like are him, Barbaracle, and Mega Gyarados. Barbaracle is rock, which is the worst type in the game, and I already have Tyrantrum, and Mega Gyarados can't be obtained until after the elite 4.
Dragalge is Dragon/Poison.

My planned future teams:
Y team: Greninja, Dragalge, Blaziken, Hawlucha, Heliolisk, Florges

X team: Chesnaught, Charizard, Clawitzer, Tyrantrum, Snorlax, Aegislash. Snorlax and Aegislash are subject to change.
Spartansn1p3r said:
Lets Start this off, I need help choosing 1 more pokemon for my team.
Try a Grass or a Ground type. 2 of your Pokemon are weak to Electric and none resist it. Or you could just get X and mega evolve Charizard and have the last slot for a HM slave.

Well I'm going to pick both X & Y

Y Team

Greninja: Water starter fan. Plus a frog and a ninja. \o/

Aegislash: Steel type is one of my favorite and I was intrigued from the start with the Steel/Ghost Honedge. And finally his ability, when I read about Beetallion I was excited until I know that it is fake. So when it came true this ability I was excited all over again

Malamar: Another pokemon that I was intrigued from the start

Dragalgae: Participation of the last minute. I was waiting and still waiting for a Dragon/Fairy or Fairy/Dragon. For sometime I was to those who waiting for the last stage of Goomy to be Dragon/Fairy But finally, I was no lucky. So the revelation of the combination types of Dragalgae gave him a chance to prove his worth

Μega Charizard X: Τhe words are unnecessary I think for all

Μega Lucario: One of my favorite pokemon. And a Mega Evolution. Ι want to try it

X Team

Greninja: See above

Tyrantrum: T-Rex Enough has been said

Trevenant: Another pokemon that I was intrigued from the start

Yveltal: Ι want to try it

Mega Mawile: Steel/Fairy. As I already mentioned Steel is one of my favorite types and the new Fairy type on it looks interesting. Plus a Mega Evo

Mega Houndoom: Just want to try it

You guys are playing through this so fast lol.

Hours: 12.5
Badges: 1
Current Team: Frogadier (Lv 26), Fetchinder (Lv 26), Ivysaur (Lv 26), Floette (Lv 24), Pancham (Lv 23), Amaura (Lv 20)

delphox, blastoise (mega), aerodactly(mega), goodra, xerneas, pangoro/aegislash can't decide between the last two, anyone got a recommendation on which to pick ?

After literally hours of searching, I've finally found a male Litleo.

All right, here goes mine!

Cloyster (Treasure):
- shell smash
- toxic spikes
- surf
- iciclr spear

Depending on the situation, i lay down spikes or try to swipe

Aegislash ( Claygore):
- kings shield
- shadow claw
- to ic
- swords dance

I mainly wall with it, bu a sword danced shadow clas can cause some serious damage

Machamp ( Buttercup) not finished, dream moves:
- dynamic punch
- ice punch
- earthquake
- wide guard

Pure power

Pyroar female ( Isis)
- flamethrower
- hyper voice
- hyper beam
- attract

Rivalry is amazing! 25> bonus on females, attract bonus against males.

Venusaur Mega (Tanktup)
- venoshock
- leech seed
- sleep powder
- Petal dance

Cloysters to. Spikes and slash's to ic will set up nicely for a mega venoshock.
Sleep powder and seeds are nice to wall down heavy opponents.

Crobat (nibbles)
- acrobatics
- cross poison
- u-turn
- haze

Because why not :)

I hope you like my composition

Just beat the 6th gym.

Snorlax, Blaziken, Chesnaught, Blastoise, Lucario, and Talonflame. I like to mix the new and the old to make my teams, which is pretty much why I hated Black and White.

Greninja
Xerneas
Vivillon
Pyroar (female ofc)
Tyrunt

Currently, my team is:

Chesnaught (starter and super-strong grass type)
Butterfree (I've always wanted to use a Butterfree, plus it helps with catching Pokemon because of Sleep Powder)
Charizard (I just had to once I saw Mega Charizard X, and it's really useful too)
Absol (Super-strong. Seriously, 130-something base attack before you even reach the second gym?)
Heliolisk (Makes a good electric type, and it learns Surf too!)
Sliggoo (It's adorable, has decent attacking power, and will probably get better when it evolves.)

Back