XY What new smaller details would you like to see? Things! Environment! Random events! Etc.

RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

ElementFreak said:
I'd really like to see everyones (I think) favorite addition to
Pokemon that we only saw in 2nd gen and it's remixes.
Yes, and option for your Pokemon to follow you. To walk
besides you. Just like Silver and Gold.
I take it you never played the original Gold and Silver.

I want a decent story and the return of the HGSS menu system.

Cinesra said:
ElementFreak said:
I'd really like to see everyones (I think) favorite addition to
Pokemon that we only saw in 2nd gen and it's remixes.
Yes, and option for your Pokemon to follow you. To walk
besides you. Just like Silver and Gold.
I take it you never played the original Gold and Silver.

I want a decent story and the return of the HGSS menu system.

Of course I played it. :O Aldo it's been 6 years from my last time.
After that I only played HeartGold and SoulSilver.
Why would you say that? :O

Yes, the system menu was awesome. I didn't like
C-gear, unless I wanted to go wifi. :/

EDIT: My bad. FROM POKEMON YELLOW not gold and silver.

There's a ton of things I'd like to see in this game, but here's a few things for now:

-About 110-130 new Pokemon, with enough new evolutions to improve some Pokemon that need improving, but not so many that the new evolutions overshadow the new Pokemon like they did in 2nd and 4th gen (this pattern of "tons of new families, little to no new evolutions in odd gens, tons of new evolutions, fewer new families in even gens" needs to die, seriously)
-Large, diverse regional dex, with 250-300 Pokemon total and plenty of options for each type. And make sure those Pokemon are available at reasonable points in the game, not like BW2 where all of the good stuff was in East Unova after the 6th gym.
-Large region, with at least 20 cities and 30-40 routes, with plenty of exploration and multiple paths like in Hoenn and Sinnoh.
-Bring back the Vs. Seeker
-Dark type gym.
-Elite 4 comprised of unused or lesser used types (Normal, Grass, Fire, Electric, Rock, Ground, Flying, Bug, and Poison would all be acceptable types. Give Water, Ice, Fighting, Psychic, Ghost, Dark, and Dragon a rest).

That's all I can think of for now, I might add more later.

Also, no Dragon E4/Gyms. They've been done to death in BW/2 (Drayden/Iris in BW/2 as Gym Leaders and Iris as the Champ in B/W2). I really want more Champions like Cynthia; ones that are actually challenging.

Also, I hope they have Gym 1 as Normal, or something akin to the Striation Trio.

Here's some more:

-Inclusion of different vehicles which have different overworld uses (roller skates allow you to zip across crumbling floors, bike allows you to climb cliffs, skateboard allows you to jump off ramps).
-Pokedex similar to 3D (Pro), displaying movesets, abilities, evolutions, etc.
-Fly can allow you to explore the skies and catch Flying types.
-Dig is now used as an HM and can allow you to tunnel through loose dirt in walls and floors.
-Sidequests similar to the ones seen in Ranger, you can complete certain tasks for NPCs and will be rewarded with items, money, etc.
-A DLC expansion pack sometime later (like, several months later), which includes new areas roughly the size of the Sevii Islands or the Battle Zone, which includes completely new areas and environments, additional past gen Pokemon not seen elsewhere in the game, and maybe even a mini storyline.

The Yoshi said:
We just had Cheren as Normal type for the first Gym. Please not again.

Yeah, we've gotten too many early game Normal type gym leaders lately.

It was really tough for me to accept that we are moving onto 3D.
Dunno why, I just loved the style of the game and I loved the sprites!
However now I'm getting excited.

I just hope that the world won't be bland and empty.
Cuz it's 3D. If they make it to small, it will be too full of stuff,
but if it's to large it might end up looking empty. :p

• I want NO Water type GL/E4/Champion. At ALL.
  • Good new Ice Types.
  • An actual rival and not very boring childhood friends.
  • More original evo lines than prevos/evos of older Pokémon.
  • Johto Balls.
  • More than one new Poké ball introduced.
  • Better distribution of Pokémon.
  • A decent replacement for Contests. (Maybe bring the Medal Rally back?)
  • A device more like PokéGear, PokéNav or Pokétch.
  • Bag layout more like HGSS.
  • Bring back older Key Items, like Fame Checker, Vs. Seeker, TM Case, or Coin Case.
  • Bring back things like Poké Radar.
  • Have a choice to let Pokémon follow you.
  • Bring back the TMs that were replaced in BW.
  • Add on more TMs, like in DP.
  • Customization of main character.
  • Get rid of Rotation Battles.

Blob55 said:
Johto Balls.

The Apricorn Balls are somewhat redundant because they have similar effects to more modern ones. But I wouldn't mind seeing a few of them or new Pokeballs with similar effects.

Blob55 said:
A decent replacement for Contests. (Maybe bring the Medal Rally back?)

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the Medal Rally staying, but how does that serve as "a decent replacement for Contests"?

Blob55 said:
A device more like PokéGear, PokéNav or Pokétch.

I think this should happen, too, in fact I have a pretty good idea for one. I call it the Poketablet, it would be a tablet device (duh) that sits on the bottom screen when opened and has the following apps:

• Clock
  • Calendar
  • Map
  • C Gear
  • Dowsing Machine
  • Day Care Checker
  • Berry Checker
  • Pedometer
  • Vs. Recorder
  • Happiness Checker
  • Type Chart
  • Xtransceiver (except you can only register numbers of important characters, not random NPCs who call you to tell you that their Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas)
  • Video streaming. This would function much like TVs, you could check various channels for gameplay advice, weather to tell you what the weather is like in nearby areas, and news for plot related stuff, swarms, and clearance sales.

Blob55 said:
Bag layout more like HGSS.

With a display for only 8 items at a time? No thank you, that's a pain in the ass to scroll through.

Blob55 said:
Bring back older Key Items, like Fame Checker, Vs. Seeker, TM Case, or Coin Case.

Vs. Seeker is pretty much a must. Fame Checker is pretty useless (I wouldn't mind a similar key items that helps newbies figure out where they're supposed to go, though). TM Case is less convenient than just having a separate pocket in the bag for TMs. Same with the Berry Pouch. Coin Case would be nice, but not necessary. I do hope they bring back Voltorb Flip, that was fun.

Blob55 said:
Have a choice to let Pokémon follow you.

Yes, please.

Blob55 said:
Bring back the TMs that were replaced in BW.

They better, some of their replacements were pretty useless. I mean, stuff like Incinerate and Struggle Bug? Do we really need this garbage?

Blob55 said:
Add on more TMs, like in DP.

They're pretty much going to have to, the TM list we have now (aside from some of the ones that were added in 5th gen) is pretty solid, the only way to improve it would be to add more slots. I'm thinking about 120-150 would be appropriate.

With a display for only 8 items at a time? No thank you, that's a pain in the ass to scroll through.

I meant I want separate pockets for Poké balls and Mail, instead of everything being crammed together.

Blob55 said:
I meant I want separate pockets for Poké balls and Mail, instead of everything being crammed together.

Okay. Yeah, that needs to happen, or at least for Poke Balls.

Mail is kinda useless anyway.

Bolt the Cat said:
Blob55 said:

Okay. Yeah, that needs to happen, or at least for Poke Balls.

Mail is kinda useless anyway.

It was really more of an example...

I think there should be a way to check which Nature a wild Pokémon has. That way you don't have to waste Poké balls on something that ends up being useless.

Re: RE: Your hopes for 6th generation?

Bolt the Cat said:
Blob55 said:
Johto Balls.

The Apricorn Balls are somewhat redundant because they have similar effects to more modern ones. But I wouldn't mind seeing a few of them or new Pokeballs with similar effects.

Blob55 said:
A decent replacement for Contests. (Maybe bring the Medal Rally back?)

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the Medal Rally staying, but how does that serve as "a decent replacement for Contests"?

Blob55 said:
A device more like PokéGear, PokéNav or Pokétch.

I think this should happen, too, in fact I have a pretty good idea for one. I call it the Poketablet, it would be a tablet device (duh) that sits on the bottom screen when opened and has the following apps:

• Clock
  • Calendar
  • Map
  • C Gear
  • Dowsing Machine
  • Day Care Checker
  • Berry Checker
  • Pedometer
  • Vs. Recorder
  • Happiness Checker
  • Type Chart
  • Xtransceiver (except you can only register numbers of important characters, not random NPCs who call you to tell you that their Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas)
  • Video streaming. This would function much like TVs, you could check various channels for gameplay advice, weather to tell you what the weather is like in nearby areas, and news for plot related stuff, swarms, and clearance sales.

Blob55 said:
Bag layout more like HGSS.

Blob55 said:
Bring back older Key Items, like Fame Checker, Vs. Seeker, TM Case, or Coin Case.

Vs. Seeker is pretty much a must. Fame Checker is pretty useless (I wouldn't mind a similar key items that helps newbies figure out where they're supposed to go, though). TM Case is less convenient than just having a separate pocket in the bag for TMs. Same with the Berry Pouch. Coin Case would be nice, but not necessary. I do hope they bring back Voltorb Flip, that was fun.

Blob55 said:
Have a choice to let Pokémon follow you.

Yes, please.

Blob55 said:
Bring back the TMs that were replaced in BW.

They better, some of their replacements were pretty useless. I mean, stuff like Incinerate and Struggle Bug? Do we really need this garbage?

Blob55 said:
Add on more TMs, like in DP.

They're pretty much going to have to, the TM list we have now (aside from some of the ones that were added in 5th gen) is pretty solid, the only way to improve it would be to add more slots. I'm thinking about 120-150 would be appropriate.

Someone forgot the P*DA.

Best device ever.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PellOfTheTundra said:
Someone forgot the P*DA.

Best device ever.

Doesn't really have any noteworthy features for the main games, it's more tailor made for Colosseum/XD.

Bolt the Cat said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
Someone forgot the P*DA.

Best device ever.

Doesn't really have any noteworthy features for the main games, it's more tailor made for Colosseum/XD.

It has mail and a pseudo-pokedex... and other stuff.

PellOfTheTundra said:

We don't need mail if we have phone, and we don't need a pseudo-Pokedex if we have a real Pokedex.

P*DA offers nothing useful that the main games don't already have.

Bolt the Cat said:
PellOfTheTundra said:

We don't need mail if we have phone, and we don't need a pseudo-Pokedex if we have a real Pokedex.

P*DA offers nothing useful that the main games don't already have.

Mail is much more useful, because if new players need to know where to go... they can look at their MAIL!

As for the PokeDex, it could be just a chip implanted into something similar to the P*DA.

Blob55 said:
  • A decent replacement for Contests. (Maybe bring the Medal Rally back?)

Better yet, Pokeathlon; the only fun minigame Pokemon ever had.

I'd also like the return of Voltorb Flip, but with the option to buy coins.

Back