ORAS What New & Returning Features Do You Want in OR / AS?

RE: What New Features Do You Want in OR / AS?

I am hoping for:

- More Megas (Mega Mew PLEASEEEEE!!!)
- Secret Bases with the use of Streetpass like many before me have mentioned
- Walking with your Pokemon but I will settle for another Pokemon-amie type system since it created that "bond" just as well
- Use of Play Coins like in ACNL
- In-game screenshots like in ACNL so you don't need crappy cell phone pictures to show off your shiny 6IV impostor Japanese pokerus ditto (a little exaggerated I know)
- Customization/More female clothes options (including taking off your damn hat)
- Day/Night transitions
- Diving
- Poffins
- Friend Safari concept but closer to the old Safari Zone style with buildings, NPCs, items, etc.
- MOAR POST-GAME CONTENT

An actual post-game.
Please.
It's what I want for this above most. Also please bring contests back ;w;

RE: What New Features Do You Want in OR/AS?

Zigzagar said:
Customization,
Zigzagar said:
I personally would like to have the option of not wearing hats, shirts or shoes and an addition to more accessories. Brendan would be hot shirtless . All of this is just my opinion so you don't have to agree.
Secret Bases and Pokemon Contests

...Brendan is 10...

But at any rate, i really just want both evil teams to be evil like in emerald. A battle fronitier, streetpass secret base, but most importantly mega sceptile. This game could be god awful but if they bring mega sceptile i would buy 5 copies

In addition to my list before, I also wouldn't mind PC item storage.

List of new features I want added:
-Pokemon walking behind you
-customization (and optional hats)
-an actual, full post game
-post game, stronger Elite Four
-dive battles (can only use Pokemon that can learn dive)
-Edit: new post game area (like Sevii Islands)

List of features I want to return:
-secret basses (integrated with PPS)
-diving
-Battle Frontier

I want the return of Pokemon following you..bit in 3d with there size shown to some scale like a bog onix but goes back inside when in doors..

I hope you can travel back to Kalos and fight the gyms, and other gymleaders, what they did in BW2. :D

Actual flying scenes of the Pokémon that used fly, along with swimming, breaking rocks, cutting trees, and pushing boulders. Not the 2 second flash we see in X/Y of just the picture. A full on pixel just like our characters doing the work.

RE: What New Features Do You Want in OR/AS?

Reggie McGigas said:
My like button called in sick, so 'like'

A feature where every time you streetpass you get an item would be cool. Maybe every 10 items you'd get a good item, and every 50 you'd get a pokemon with a special attack or its hidden ability!

Example-
1-9 Streetpases = Pokeball or Super Potion
10th Streetpass = Ultra Ball
11-19 Streetpasses= Ultra Ball, Full Heal, Hyper Potion
20th Streetpass = Full Restore
and so on until
50 Streetpasses= Skarmory with Dragon Claw
100 Streetpasses= Golurk with Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunder Punch

Every 100 or 150 streetpasses will be a legendary

you get the idea

I would love this idea, since I would streetpass twice a day (Twin sister - play everyday...)

I also want strolling with Pokemon back. I loved it so much! (But I wished I could bring Arceus in a building... and no, it's not too big for me!)

* Underwater Battles exclusive to Water Type Pokemon similar to Sky Battles exclusive to Flying and Ghost Types in X/Y. This is assuming of course If Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire does take place in Hoenn and not a brand new region with mainly Hoenn Pokemon in it including the Starters you get in the beginning since the original teaser trailer says "Explore a Dramatic New World!" although according to Japanese CEO of Nintendo Satoru Iwata, he says that Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire are indeed 6 Gen remakes of the original Ruby/Sapphire games released for the Gameboy Advance in 2002-2003.

* Being able to catch Legendary Pokemon on Friend Safari If Game Freak decides to bring it back since getting multiple 31 IV's on Legendaries for competitive movesets are a pain in the butt as it is especially for trying to obtain their Hidden Abilities which are mostly Dream World exclusives from Gen 5. On the bright side it would give Legendaries a fighting chance against non-Legendary Pokemon with 5-6 31 IV's that are easily bred in the Daycare with Destiny Knot. Sure there's a reason why Legendaries have their own tier bracket in competitive battling but at the very least this would help diversify them onto other tier brackets namely OU and UU.

* Backwards compatibility with the X/Y titles which makes sense considering these new games are still a part of Gen 6, If Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver were compatible in terms of Wi-Fi Trades/Battles then it shouldn't be a problem with X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. Although it would require 2 3DS/2DS's to trade/battle back and forth it makes it less of a hassle without Pokemon Bank/Pokemon Transporter, not that it's a bad thing but I think you get what I'm saying.

* Bring back Auto Lv. 100 6 on 6 Wi-Fi Battles from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver with time limit options, I doubt Game Freak would try to bring it back considering that Auto Lv. 50 Flat has been a popular format since Black/White and Black 2/White 2, however it's for people who want to get the best out of competitive Wi-Fi Battling without having short matches even though it's most likely against VGC regulations when back in the day it wasn't.

* Better Voice Chat on GTS and Wi-Fi since it'd be easier to communicate with players online instead of just getting text messages on GTS trades for example. It would also make it easier to settle online trades and battles since instead of posting messages you'd be able to call people like you would to your friends on a phone. I'm not sure If the 3DS/2DS is capable of that but it's something that Nintendo/Game Freak can look into for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and other future Pokemon titles as well.

* Store multiple Wi-Fi Battle videos on Vs. Recorder, it doesn't make sense why the games only take one battle video at a time only to get replaced by another when you save it onto your game's save file. That's kind of like a PokeTuber posting a video of an amazing Wi-Fi Battle that they're forced to replace the last upload with by repeating the process over and over again. Ironically there's less and less people nowadays uploading Pokemon Wi-Fi Battles on YouTube because they'd rather upload Simulator Battles instead due to being less tedious.

I'll be a happy man if the Pokémon Contest makes a return. I always thought that the Pokémon Contest was a neat feature and it was sad that they threw away it after HG/SS. Needless to say I think they should return it and hopefully expand it, especially reward wise, that department was rather lacking in the third generation.

I hope for the return of the ability to decorate your Pokémon, but I doubt it will happen as the 3ds is already struggling with some of the Pokémon models as they currently are.

It would also be nice to see a return of the Ball Capsules. They could easily make it suitable for the 3rd dimension, but I doubt they will be able to pull if of fluently. It will most likely cause frame rate issues, as does every little thing in the X and Y. They better polish that up first. Anyways, they could just remove the letters to keep the game save for the children and add bunch of special effects, like colored steam and sparkly stuff.

Of course Secret Bases should return as well, they will ruin the remakes if they leave those out... besides that, they could really show of their generosity with this feature... Sadly this is modern-day Pokémon, so I suspect we will be left with half the furniture we had in the originals

There is much more that should return, like the Battle Frontier, with something like the PWT, large post-game areas, and the HG/SS safari zone, but I don't want to make this post any longer.

There is nothing to support us not getting a moderate to large postgame. I will be surprised if Mega Lati@s, The Regis, Rayquazza, possibly Groudon and Kyogre, Battle Frontier/Subway/Mason, Secret Bases, (Friend) Safari Zone, etc. don't end up in the post game (Groudon, Kyogre, and the Regis might make appearances during the storyline)

I'd also like to see Friend Safari return, but you can choose which Pokémon you have. You can pick from a list of certain Pokémon (so your safari can't be Arceus, Genesect, and Mega Charizard X) and you can change it once a week. Also, you have the opportunity to randomize which Pokémon you choose.

Reggie McGigas said:
There is nothing to support us not getting a moderate to large postgame. I will be surprised if Mega Lati@s, The Regis, Rayquazza, possibly Groudon and Kyogre, Battle Frontier/Subway/Mason, Secret Bases, (Friend) Safari Zone, etc. don't end up in the post game (Groudon, Kyogre, and the Regis might make appearances during the storyline)

Considering that in the originals a lot of these things were in the postgame, it makes sense that they'll be in the postgame here.
Groudon/Kyogre (and their mega/new formes) will almost definitely be in the main game, but iirc the Regis were postgame (never actually did the Regi quest so I can't remember if it is or not).
Safari Zone was maingame, but iirc in Emerald there were new areas that opened up post National 'Dex.
I can see a postgame plot involving catching Lati@s (depending on the version) and getting the respective Latiasite/Latiosite stone.

Lanturnman said:
I'll be a happy man if the Pokémon Contest makes a return. I always thought that the Pokémon Contest was a neat feature and it was sad that they threw away it after HG/SS. Needless to say I think they should return it and hopefully expand it, especially reward wise, that department was rather lacking in the third generation.

I hope for the return of the ability to decorate your Pokémon, but I doubt it will happen as the 3ds is already struggling with some of the Pokémon models as they currently are.

It would also be nice to see a return of the Ball Capsules. They could easily make it suitable for the 3rd dimension, but I doubt they will be able to pull if of fluently. It will most likely cause frame rate issues, as does every little thing in the X and Y. They better polish that up first. Anyways, they could just remove the letters to keep the game save for the children and add bunch of special effects, like colored steam and sparkly stuff.

Of course Secret Bases should return as well, they will ruin the remakes if they leave those out... besides that, they could really show of their generosity with this feature... Sadly this is modern-day Pokémon, so I suspect we will be left with half the furniture we had in the originals

There is much more that should return, like the Battle Frontier, with something like the PWT, large post-game areas, and the HG/SS safari zone, but I don't want to make this post any longer.

I second this on the contests. The new contests are... Sad? Like... The "show" pokemon put on should be a part of the contest, but not the entirety of the contest. I loved the combo system for pokemon moves, and I hope it returns.

Here's a list with one unpopular opinion.

I LOVED the gen3 contests. I'd spend hours just being in those contests and working for hours to win the master rank in all of them. (I'm looking at you, my Swellow) I hope pokeblock returns as well ('ello, okeblock guru).

Secrete bases. They better bring these back. I'd like them to add a couple features with them. A person's secrete base is added to your game when you street pass them, make them expandable (some of the best spots for secret bases were just so small), and make more items. Also, make it so you can add a plant or a plush on the ground if you want to. I'd love to have an option to gift items to people I've street passed at least once with too. I'd give out evolution stones (and rarer items I don't care for). Why? Because I know people are cheap and the gift would be appreciated.

The Gen3 berry growing. I loved the simplicity of how to grow berries in Gen3. Gen6 is similar, but there's still a few bits and pieces that still have me preferring the saw berry growing was in the Gen games.

Unlock customization items and options. Like do this 5 minute side quest to get another hair style, or get to this part of the story to be able to have the option to not wear a hat.

More areas for bike tricks. That doesn't need explaining.

I want something added to the desert, also the ash covered area, I want that to come back. I want my all - crystal secrete base set.

I'd like little things to do underwater. Like a 'find my lost pokemon' side quest or a 'come here at a certain time and get this item weekly' thing.

As a nifty thing, I'd like that Beldum you get post game to have a higher chance of being shiny, like the Togepi in Gen2 having a ridiculously high chance of being shiny.

I'd like Steven to be able to be rebattleable if they for some reason don't make him the champ. What I mean is you can fight him in a handful of spots (like the news reporters) in that one cave you can find him post game in Emerald.

For your dad to give you something post game, kinda like a gift for becoming champ.

The Match Call system better come back. It was one of my favorite things in Gen 3.

So my list is getting quite lengthy, so I'll pause for now.

TRUBBISHFTW said:
Also I think they should fix Mirage Island, I NEVER found it in my games.

I found it once. One of my first few playthroughs of a Gen3 game. I didn't know how rare it was and didn't bother checking it out. I wish I did.

I didn't really care that much about the Pokemon Contests from Gen 3 and Gen 4, it was alright I suppose but If Game Freak does decide to bring back Contests it'd probably be a good excuse to bring May and Max back in the Anime Series as potential love interests for Clemont and Bonnie If not for nostalgia. I wouldn't mind seeing a return of the Battle Frontier from Emerald including being able to catch the other Hoenn Legendaries being Rayquaza, Jirachi, Manaphy, Latios, and Latias in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire.

TRUBBISHFTW said:
From Serebii "...there has been some question as to the actual content of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, as to whether they're remakes or new versions due to the wording of the announcement. During the Investor Briefing today, Satoru Iwata confirmed that Pokémon Omega Ruby & Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are full-remakes of the 2002 releases, Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire."

Well there goes my theory of it being an entirely new region. But I do think we are going to see more cities/islands in the region (or maybe a second region like in HGSS with Kanto) with completely new pokemon, along with a large patch for X/Y that adds their data to the game.

Also I think they should fix Mirage Island, I NEVER found it in my games.
Haha there's nothing to fix, it was like borderline impossible to find. I only had one friend who found it, and although it's quite amusing, it's nothing too special. Unless you're the worlds largest Wynaut and Liechi Berry fan :p

Been putting some thought into this for the past few days, and here's some of the things I would like to see:

Secret Bases: Already been talked about in the other thread, but this was a silly, fun little sidegame, and, in OR/AS, it would have the potential to make use of StreetPass content and maybe also have a changing room for people to change clothing (if trainer customization is brought back).

Contests: I really loved the Contests in Gen 3 (Gen 4's were a bit too awkward and fiddly); they gave you a reason to use Pokémon and moves you might not otherwise and were actually somewhat strategic, as opposed to many of the cosmetic sidegames in later gens (*cough*PRvideos*cough*). Similarly, we'd have to have berry-blending again, of course, and therefore berry plants everywhere *nodnod*.

Plot: As much as the different storylines in Ruby and Sapphire were cool, I'm hoping that OR/AS will follow the HGSS pattern of including some of the elements from its 3rd game. I think it would be best if both teams were shown in a villainous role and if Rayquaza plays a more integral role, perhaps having something to do with the Alpha/Omega forms of Kyogre and Groudon. I could expand on this, but it would get kind of fanfictiony. I think I would prefer Steven as the Champion, though, since it felt more fitting in the storyline.

Mechanics from Gen 6 That I Want: I'm on board with everyone that's said they want trainer customization back (preferably with the option for no hats >_>), but another new feature that I'd really love to be included in OR/AS is Wonder Trading. It's silly and you get mostly crap Pokémon, but I've been having so much fun with it, especially in my current "WonderLocke" playthrough. Super Training should also stick around, so that when I'm finally unlazy enough to make an actual competitive team, it won't be difficult.

Mechanics from Gen 6 That I Definitely Do Not Want: O-Powers can stay in XY, please. Not only did they feel metagamey and 4th wall break-y, but Mr. Bonding was creepy. No thank you.

Mechanics from Gen 6 That I Don't Really Care About Either Way: Pokémon Amie. It was cute, but I didn't like the extra powers (criticals and what have you), and the only thing it was really useful for was Sylveon. You couldn't evolve Leafeon and Glaceon in HGSS, so there's no precedent for having Amie in the new games just to be able to get Sylveon. If it's included, I probably won't bother, but at least I won't have a creepy guy in a purple suit waggling his eyebrows at me in every new town.

Pokémon Riding, Following, and Other Interactions: In HGSS, we got Pokémon following behind you. In X/Y, we got to ride Rhyhorns, Skiddos, and Mamoswine, and if we used Surf with a Lapras, you could see the Lapras in the water. I would really super love to have this expanded in ORAS. I definitely agree with the people who want your Pokémon to follow you around again, and I would also love if it we got more unique animations for using Pokémon with HM moves, such as Surf, Fly, and Dive.

Speaking of Dive... This is one of my favourite things about the original gen 3. I hope that Diving is expanded and played around with a lot, because there are so many cool things that could potentially be done down there.

Post Game: I would love some post game content. I guess BW spoiled me in this respect. Battle Frontier would be cool, I guess, but I'd prefer more of the BW or HGSS-style post game where there was more stuff to do.

Safaris: I loved the Friend Safaris of XY, but I think it would be a lot of fun to have the regular Gen 3 Safari Zone again. Perhaps we could have both the SZ and the FS, or perhaps do something else with FC connection content.

Legendary Availability worked into the storyline: I loved that there were tonnes of legendaries you could catch in BW2, but it felt kind of weird to me that they just appeared without being hardly mentioned or talked about or anything. I think it would be really cool if there were sidequests (some of that delicious post-game content I talked about maybe?) that actually talked about the various legendaries you could catch and made something of a story/quest out of it, instead of just battle, catch, done.

Aaaanyway, I think that's it, for now. >.>

Athena said:
Been putting some thought into this for the past few days, and here's some of the things I would like to see:

Secret Bases: Already been talked about in the other thread, but this was a silly, fun little sidegame, and, in OR/AS, it would have the potential to make use of StreetPass content and maybe also have a changing room for people to change clothing (if trainer customization is brought back).

Contests: I really loved the Contests in Gen 3 (Gen 4's were a bit too awkward and fiddly); they gave you a reason to use Pokémon and moves you might not otherwise and were actually somewhat strategic, as opposed to many of the cosmetic sidegames in later gens (*cough*PRvideos*cough*). Similarly, we'd have to have berry-blending again, of course, and therefore berry plants everywhere *nodnod*.

Plot: As much as the different storylines in Ruby and Sapphire were cool, I'm hoping that OR/AS will follow the HGSS pattern of including some of the elements from its 3rd game. I think it would be best if both teams were shown in a villainous role and if Rayquaza plays a more integral role, perhaps having something to do with the Alpha/Omega forms of Kyogre and Groudon. I could expand on this, but it would get kind of fanfictiony. I think I would prefer Steven as the Champion, though, since it felt more fitting in the storyline.

Mechanics from Gen 6 That I Want: I'm on board with everyone that's said they want trainer customization back (preferably with the option for no hats >_>), but another new feature that I'd really love to be included in OR/AS is Wonder Trading. It's silly and you get mostly crap Pokémon, but I've been having so much fun with it, especially in my current "WonderLocke" playthrough. Super Training should also stick around, so that when I'm finally unlazy enough to make an actual competitive team, it won't be difficult.

Mechanics from Gen 6 That I Definitely Do Not Want: O-Powers can stay in XY, please. Not only did they feel metagamey and 4th wall break-y, but Mr. Bonding was creepy. No thank you.

Mechanics from Gen 6 That I Don't Really Care About Either Way: Pokémon Amie. It was cute, but I didn't like the extra powers (criticals and what have you), and the only thing it was really useful for was Sylveon. You couldn't evolve Leafeon and Glaceon in HGSS, so there's no precedent for having Amie in the new games just to be able to get Sylveon. If it's included, I probably won't bother, but at least I won't have a creepy guy in a purple suit waggling his eyebrows at me in every new town.

Pokémon Riding, Following, and Other Interactions: In HGSS, we got Pokémon following behind you. In X/Y, we got to ride Rhyhorns, Skiddos, and Mamoswine, and if we used Surf with a Lapras, you could see the Lapras in the water. I would really super love to have this expanded in ORAS. I definitely agree with the people who want your Pokémon to follow you around again, and I would also love if it we got more unique animations for using Pokémon with HM moves, such as Surf, Fly, and Dive.

Speaking of Dive... This is one of my favourite things about the original gen 3. I hope that Diving is expanded and played around with a lot, because there are so many cool things that could potentially be done down there.

Post Game: I would love some post game content. I guess BW spoiled me in this respect. Battle Frontier would be cool, I guess, but I'd prefer more of the BW or HGSS-style post game where there was more stuff to do.

Safaris: I loved the Friend Safaris of XY, but I think it would be a lot of fun to have the regular Gen 3 Safari Zone again. Perhaps we could have both the SZ and the FS, or perhaps do something else with FC connection content.

Legendary Availability worked into the storyline: I loved that there were tonnes of legendaries you could catch in BW2, but it felt kind of weird to me that they just appeared without being hardly mentioned or talked about or anything. I think it would be really cool if there were sidequests (some of that delicious post-game content I talked about maybe?) that actually talked about the various legendaries you could catch and made something of a story/quest out of it, instead of just battle, catch, done.

Aaaanyway, I think that's it, for now. >.>

I agree with this entire post. Well, I'm sorta torn with Amie. Sure, it was awesome and it gave you a more meaningful bond with your Pokemon, but it made me TOO attatched to them to the point that when they were competetively useless I couldn't bear to get rid of them and tried to fix them to the best of my ability. It'd be cool if it returned but I'd have to be wary about how I use it. xD

Vulpix-core said:
Customization, removable hats, more clothing options for female characters.
Maybe we'll get clothing designs based on the Hoenn region.
Also, SECRET BASES.

Not to mention, walking around with your first Pokemon.

More clothing options for FEMALE?! Well, yea, but male definately needs some more clothes. The only thing that looked good to me was the extremely expensive stuff.

Back